• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MSI Launches console-PC, 'Creator P50 12th' in US ($1,719, RTX 3050, i7 12-core, 8GB GDDR6, Dual channel DDR4, 1TB SSD)

Hohenheim

3050... No thanks.
This looks like a terrible device. A terrible idea. Not quite a console, not quite a PC, just some half-baked middle thing.
Who is thing thing for??

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
They didn't get the memo that prices are falling, also nice design, wonder where it came from.

Amiga

A good PC-console can be done but we still get exploitative products instead of something like this..

AMD-Project-Quantum_2-740x416.jpg

KungFucius

King Snowflake
What shitty specs. I don't get why they want to create HW doomed to fail. This gets you nothing over an Xbox in terms of gaming other than access to PC only games at 1080p. Save yourself 1500 bucks and get a series S.

do you plan on making a dumb thread anytime any PC maker makes some over priced piece of shit in something that even remotely resembles a console case?

you've made it very clear you don't even understand PC's.

No proof, unsubstantiated, moping. Why are you even in this thread if you don't like the topic? It's a newly released gaming product targeted at gamers and casuals who don't want to build a PC, pointless rant for nothing.

What is this? covid era Miner craze prices with the sole purpose to exploit the customer? Yeah MSI can just go **** off with this shit.

Huh, that actually may be part of the reason for the cost.

What shitty specs. I don't get why they want to create HW doomed to fail. This gets you nothing over an Xbox in terms of gaming other than access to PC only games at 1080p. Save yourself 1500 bucks and get a series S.

They only need to sell 1000 to make over a million dollars, there's always a market for people who don't want to build PC's and won't bother trying to understand the specs. Same pricing strategy as the expensive retro consoles really.

It's also good for the non-gamer too who wants to use art or modeling programs, especially the CPU intensive ones since that seems to be the biggest strength og this device.

But games? I mean it can handle better than most PC's that use Steam but over $1000 is a very steep price even with that design, assuming the design is even original.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Should be half the price for those specs. Probably even less. For 1700 you can build a fantastic PC that'll kill consoles. Especially now that gpu prices have come down so much.

//DEVIL//

1700$ with a 3050 ? FFS u can build a PC with 3090 for 1800$ in an ssupd case that probably look smaller than that

Top Bottom