• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MSI to unveil the worlds first 4K-Mini LED 144Hz gaming laptop at CES 2023, the 'TITAN GT77 HX 13V'.

https://videocardz.com/newz/msi-con...v-gaming-laptop-with-4k-144hz-miniled-display
The main feature of the new system, and the only thing that MSI can confirm at this time, is the new screen. The updated TITAN GT77 notebook will feature 4K 144Hz MiniLED display, an upgrade over the last-gen 4K 120Hz panel.

MSI confirms this panel is based on AUO AmLED MiniLED technology delivering up to 1000 nits of brightness and according to the rumors, it will be DisplayHDR 1000 compatible. This panel has 1008 dimming zones which should give great results on a ‘small’ 17 inch panel. MSI promises that each panel will be ‘strictly examined’, which could mean at least partial factory calibration.

Since the official teaser shows the same chassis as the last-gen model, one might guess that changes will only be applied to the screen and internal hardware of HX 13V model. According to the rumors, this model will also feature GeForce RTX 40 mobile GPUs, possibly the flagship RTX 4090 GPU.

Press Release:

The MSI Titan GT77 will match the high-end 4K gaming monitor with its class-leading 4K/144Hz Mini LED Display
MSI – the innovative computing manufacturer in gaming laptops – proudly announces that its flagship gaming laptop Titan GT77 will be the world’s first laptop featuring a 4K/144Hz Mini LED display, which is also the most premium laptop display right now.
The 4K/144Hz display on Titan GT77 is powered by AUO’s AmLED Mini LED technology, which promises super-bright backlighting, decent HDR performance, and a wide-enough color gamut. The peak brightness of the display is over 1000 nits, which is 2.5 times brighter compared to regular LCD, and thanks to its 1008 dimming zones, sharper image quality with less halo effect could be expected.
The super-high peak brightness along with exclusive AmLED’s Adaptive Control Technology that precisely and dynamically adjust images in real time also brings decent HDR performance. The Titan GT77 has been certified as VESA DisplayHDR 1000 and guarantees an immersive HDR experience in game or streaming.
To present as much color as possible, the display on Titan GT77 sports a super-wide 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, which perfectly meets the need for immersive gaming or entertainment. Last but not least, thanks to the MSI exclusive True Color technology, every Mini LED panel on Titan GT77 will be strictly examined before assembly and promises the most accurate color reproduction to every enthusiast around the globe.
The new Titan GT77 will be officially launched at CES 2023 and more exclusive features could be expected, including world-leading processing power & next-gen GeForce laptop GPU performance, which can drive more frames in a game and be beautifully represented with the world’s first 4K/144Hz Mini LED display.
MSI confirms that this laptop will be launched at CES 2023, so in less than a week. Below are the leaked slides that confirm further details, such as battery size of mechanical keyboard, but those features were already present on the 12th Gen model.
MSI-TITAN-GT77-HERO-BANNER-1200x459.jpg

titan_gt77_miniled_2-768x432.jpg

MSI_NB_Titan_GT77_photo22_for_KV-scaled_videocardz-768x489.jpg

MSI_NB_Titan_GT77_photo14-1480x1480_videocardz-768x489.jpg

titan_gt77_miniled_1-768x432.jpg

Lots of firsts this year, now we have MSI offering us what they claim to be the first gaming laptop with a 4K 144Hz Mini-LED display, with 24 cores and DisplayHDR 1000.

More will be revealed at CES but I'm guessing the price will be t least over $1500 given how prices for gaming laptops go compared to PCs.

The screen is going to be about 17 inches, and if the actual product looks similar to these teaser images it's going to be one strange looking device. I guess the main question is what it's GPU and Ram set-up is but this IS MSI so I take it they won't be giving the consumer much slack on price either way.

Also not sure what's up with gaming devices and RGB.

Fbh

It's ugly as hell though.

Also 144hz Miniled + probably a 4000 series RTX. $1500 sounds way too conservative, this will probably start at like $2.5k.

Last edited:
It's ugly as hell though.

Also 144hz Miniled + probably a 4000 series RTX. $1500 sounds way too conservative, this will probably start at like $2.5k.

You must be crazy if you think MSI is going to put a 4000 series in this thing when the can overcharge for a 3000 series instead.

Less bulky OLED laptops instead please, thanks.

But it has RGB and will do the colors for you?

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Fbh

Hawk269

https://videocardz.com/newz/msi-con...v-gaming-laptop-with-4k-144hz-miniled-display

MSI-TITAN-GT77-HERO-BANNER-1200x459.jpg

titan_gt77_miniled_2-768x432.jpg

MSI_NB_Titan_GT77_photo22_for_KV-scaled_videocardz-768x489.jpg

MSI_NB_Titan_GT77_photo14-1480x1480_videocardz-768x489.jpg

titan_gt77_miniled_1-768x432.jpg

Lots of firsts this year, now we have MSI offering us what they claim to be the first gaming laptop with a 4K 144Hz Mini-LED display, with 24 cores and DisplayHDR 1000.

More will be revealed at CES but I'm guessing the price will be t least over $1500 given how prices for gaming laptops go compared to PCs.

The screen is going to be about 17 inches, and if the actual product looks similar to these teaser images it's going to be one strange looking device. I guess the main question is what it's GPU and Ram set-up is but this IS MSI so I take it they won't be giving the consumer much slack on price either way.

Also not sure what's up with gaming devices and RGB.
At least $1500???? More like at least $3000 minimum. Right now on Best Buy the lowest priced 3080ti laptop is $2500 with the median price being $3000+. If this thing has a 40 series Laptop GPU I am thinking at minimum more like $3000.

Pedro Motta

That seem like the already available screen on the Macbook Pro 16.2". Actually the Macbook has 2500 individual dimiming zones and 1600nits peak brightness.

At least $1500???? More like at least $3000 minimum. Right now on Best Buy the lowest priced 3080ti laptop is $2500

That's because you are talking about Best Buy were stores will sell a $650 unit with a celeron processor.

You can get a 3080ti laptop for $1,999. less than $1500 with 1080p 60Hz and a plain keyboard.

But that's not even the issue here, MSI isn't going to put a 3080 in that laptop, they will put a weak processor on their, with a paltry amount of RAM, and charge more than price for both, that's why say "at least" $1500 if they go for the type of processors they've been putting in their weaker overpriced line with the only differentiator being the screen.

Now, if they do decide to put in a stronger set of chips, than I can see over $2000 and possibly $3000 if they actually give you adequate ram. I do not think however, they will put in a 4000 series as one user suggested as one, that shell is not vented enough and too, they would charge $4500 for it.

That seem like the already available screen on the Macbook Pro 16.2". Actually the Macbook has 2500 individual dimiming zones and 1600nits peak brightness.

It seems MSI is focusing mostly on the mini-LED and 144Hz primarily.

Last edited:

smbu2000

That's because you are talking about Best Buy were stores will sell a $650 unit with a celeron processor.

You can get a 3080ti laptop for $1,999. less than $1500 with 1080p 60Hz and a plain keyboard.

But that's not even the issue here, MSI isn't going to put a 3080 in that laptop, they will put a weak processor on their, with a paltry amount of RAM, and charge more than price for both, that's why say "at least" $1500 if they go for the type of processors they've been putting in their weaker overpriced line with the only differentiator being the screen.

Now, if they do decide to put in a stronger set of chips, than I can see over $2000 and possibly $3000 if they actually give you adequate ram. I do not think however, they will put in a 4000 series as one user suggested as one, that shell is not vented enough and too, they would charge $4500 for it.

It seems MSI is focusing mostly on the mini-LED and 144Hz primarily.
Well the picture does say it has the latest Intel i9 HX CPUs, so that would most likely mean the i9-13900HX launching at CES.

Well the picture does say it has the latest Intel i9 HX CPUs, so that would most likely mean the i9-13900HX launching at CES.

Uh, 3080 is a gpu. Unless you're suggesting they are launching with integrated graphics, the chart notes it will be some form of RTX.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
World’s first 4k mini led laptop that stops working in 6 months.

Good ol MSI. Planned obsolescence or non reliable products. Razer is the same.

Top Bottom