• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple Fixes are coming to Forspoken

Thank you for buying our latest game for $70! We’ve been listening to your feedback, and as a response we’re going to do you a favor and fix our unoptimized mess! We’re committed to making sure our game is an enjoyable experience, just not at launch when we ask for your money.

Please continue to buy our $70 games. We promise we’ll fix them after we have your money. Maybe.
This is it. Utterly absurd.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
wrong.
I am having trouble thinking of a game with better open world mobility. This is crackdown1+infamous 2nd son level of movement
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Day 1 is just beta testing. Congrats to all those who bought day 1.
Pathetic remark from you.
I’ve bought the game and had a lot of fun.
Day1 is day1. Don’t act like patches are changing the games so drastically.

You you are so anal not to play a game because there is some big or performance issues? You never wanted to play that game anyway.

GymWolf

This game would have done well as a PS4 launch title or launch window title. It's a generation too late. The market is saturated with these types of games and the graphics are no longer impressive.
The market is saturated with infamous type of games with super fast traversal and flashy magic\elemental combat in an open world environment??

Can you list at least 10 AAA games (or even AA) from the past 5 years that plays like forspoken\infamous so i can buy all of them?

At this point i'm not sure if the haters even watched a trailer for this fucking game or just the cherry picked tweets because it's clear they don't know what the fuck they are talking about (not you specifically)

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

Games like these, just further reinforce my habit of hardly ever buying games at launch and at launch price. If devs aren't willing to make sure their game is finished before releasing, why should they expect me to buy at launch? Would they go to a restaurant and pay for a half-cooked meal?

A developer has to earn my trust to pay them $70 for a game or even worse, get the game at launch (it says a lot about the industry that the latter is even more important than the price).

Mr.Phoenix

This game would have done well as a PS4 launch title or launch window title. It's a generation too late. The market is saturated with these types of games and the graphics are no longer impressive.
I don't think this is the case, I can't personally even think of many games that are like Forspoken.

The game would have done better if it just had a soul... and was actually polished.

Just look at Hogwarts. Forspoken feels sterile in comparison and more of a particle effects tech demo.

sorry DP

Last edited:

MikeM

You you are so anal not to play a game because there is some big or performance issues? You never wanted to play that game anyway.
Glad you enjoy it. Still doesn’t take away from the fact that games day 1 release in terrible states. I heard they call this one “Forbroken.”

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Glad you enjoy it. Still doesn’t take away from the fact that games day 1 release in terrible states. I heard they call this one “Forbroken.”
Maybe the pc version. Sure. On console it’s just some fps drops. Didn’t had a single glitch or crash in 30 hours

FalsettoVibe

Gold Member

Agreed. Bought it day one and enjoying the heck out of the game. With that being said I think I will pause and wait for the performance update though. Only got the second set of powers so there should be plenty more to enjoy.
Will play HP in the meanwhile. PSVR 2 should keep me busy as well.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Agreed. Bought it day one and enjoying the heck out of the game. With that being said I think I will pause and wait for the performance update though. Only got the second set of powers so there should be plenty more to enjoy.
Will play HP in the meanwhile. PSVR 2 should keep me busy as well.
The worst performing part of the game is Sila areas. Others are okish

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
They shouldn't have released the game unfinished early to make more money
This wouldn't change anything.
The game could be 120fps and it wouldn't sell more.
People had their minds set on the game already few months ago because they decided dialogue sounds bad for some reason (which it does not)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This wouldn't change anything.
The game could be 120fps and it wouldn't sell more.
People had their minds set on the game already few months ago because they decided dialogue sounds bad for some reason (which it does not)

A good release would have gone a long way in changing peoples mind. We can't blame the games poor reception just on the bad trailers they released months ago.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
A good release would have gone a long way in changing peoples mind. We can't blame the games poor reception just on the bad trailers they released months ago.
I don't believe that.
People had their minds set before release and I don't know what could've changed it.

Performance and graphics are not the poblem. I finished the game in quality 40fps mode and besides one area, it was fine.
But there is perfectly fine and stable 60fps mode for those who want it.

FalsettoVibe

Gold Member

I only partially agree with this. Yes a great release would have helped but there were still and still are a great majority who choose to hate this game for because hating it is the "mood" of the gaming community.
For example, people constantly use the bad dialog reason to say the game is trash and that the protag should be muted, but if people ACTUALLY play the game, it's no where near as bad as it's made out to be, and
no different than any other videogame.

Last edited:

Arsic

Gold Member
Fixing performance can’t fix follow the cat side quests, a dead open world(which they did intentionally baked into lore so they could side step attempting to make a good one), and just whack narrative.

Take the combat and use it in something interesting. The rest can go into the trash.

Thebonehead

Banned
I thought it was Xbox fans shitting on the game as it was a PS5 console exclusive, as I remembered being really impressed by the trailers.

So there I was thinking that maybe, just maybe they're all wrong just like they were on High on Life but ................

........ then I played the demo

4GGrERY.png

Reizo Ryuu

Patch live on steam:
Miscellaneous:
・Removed the VRS entry from the Graphics section of the menu.
*The shader has been optimized to have the Variable Rate Shading (VRS) available for all hardware.
・Updated the DirectX 12 version to 1.606.4 from 1.4.10.

Optimization:
・Reduced the processing load in certain areas. (The load has been reduced to approximately 70% in certain scenes.)
・Reduced the VRAM usage.
・Minor optimization for certain features
Apparently they also fixed ambient occlusion?

I’m glad they are working to make the game visually better. While it isn’t my favorite game of all time, I did mostly enjoy my time with it. The dialogue was nowhere near as bad as I anticipated, especially after the internets meltdown from the infamous ad. Lessening the occurrence of the banter was a nice option regardless, and most games should include that kind of feature - even the “good” dialogue.

GymWolf

It wasn't actually broken like being glitchy, bugged etc, i didn't had a single bug or crash

Resolution and uneven framerate were the problems.

Returnal was running at 1080p upscaled (and it was noticeable as hell) and with 20-30 frames slowdowns during combat with hell on screen (so like half the time) and nobody called the game rebroken...

Top Bottom