• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple Silent Hill Games and a New Silent Hill Movie announced

Draugoth

Gold Member

Silent Hill 2 Remake announced, developed by Bloober Team PS5 console exclusive
FfdeerUXwAAmkdQ

Silent Hill Townfall announced, developed by No Code (Stories Untold, Observation)

FfdfEEPWYAEJ7JF

Silent Hill F announced, a brand new Silent Hill game, developed by Neobards Entertainment (Re:Verse)

FfdgAwuWYAApyIp

Silent Hill Ascension announced, developed by Genvid Entertainment, coming 2023

FfdfNv2X0AMkWwb

Return to SILENT HILL. movie by Christophe Gans

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Everything they announced:

SH2 - Remake. PS5/PC. 1 yr console exclusive
Silent Hill - Townfall (no platforms or game info)
New movie reveal
Some sculptures and konami shop stuff
Silent HIll Ascension - "Live real time interactive series"
Silent Hill f - No idea wtf

Last edited:

decisions

Uh the trailer looks horrible for a game of this importance. Seems to be some weird kind of cel-shading going on, compared to RE2 Remake it looks quite underwhelming.

But are we really surprised? Everyone knew Bloober Team wasn't up to the task.

rofif

Banned
a Bloober Team game, some other indy devs that made puzzle games, and a game by devs that made the Resident Evil 3 Multiplayer lol
yep.
And I really am not sure about voice and face of new James .... it's so Bloober looking.
I think I would've preferred SH 1,2,3 4k120 remasters. Maybe touch up textures, port to new systems... maybe add HDR why not.
I have a feeling Remake will be just weird.
And yeah.... indies that amde fmv games and puzzle games. So Strange.

And they talk so much about the movie. First one was good but 2nd was trash.

I think I am realizing that I am more of a fan of Kojima's PT and his vision of silent hill...

Fbh

So the 2 big games are made by Bloober Team and the people behind that RE multiplayer mode that was supposed to come with Village but then got delayed for over a year and is seemingly so bad Capcom barely acknowledges that it exists.

Konami is like "let's bring back Silent Hill but let's look for developers on Wish.com"

Banned
yep.
And I really am not sure about voice and face of new James .... it's so Bloober looking.
I think I would've preferred SH 1,2,3 4k120 remasters. Maybe touch up textures, port to new systems... maybe add HDR why not.
I have a feeling Remake will be just weird.
And yeah.... indies that amde fmv games and puzzle games. So Strange.

a remake of SH1 would have made somewhat sense given the PS1 ties here... but 2, with all the baggage that comes with that? Konami aren't pussies that's for sure, because if that turns out to suck, they'll be fried by the fans.

and the dev teams behind all the projects are just confusing at best

And they talk so much about the movie. First one was good but 2nd was trash.

I think I am realizing that I am more of a fan of Kojima's PT and his vision of silent hill...

the second movie was a clear cash in made by a different director. so at least they are basically ignoring that shitshow and are making a new original film with the same director, which has potential... that's honestly the thing I'm most hyped about here as I liked the first movie, and I would love to see what the same director can do now that he has some experience with the franchise

Last edited:

Neff

A remake of 1 was definitely the way to go. On the other hand, SH2 is the one game which would actually benefit from being remade most because it was so bland to begin with

So which one of these is the post-it note game

Nautilus

Banned
I' m sorry people, but the SH 2 Remake is looking good so far. I'm not gonna hate on it just because Bloober is developing it. Actually, everything they have shown so far has been faithful to the original game.

But the biggest wtf moment was F. What the hell is that?Its set in Japan, of all places. Just seems and feels like a completely different horror IP than Silent Hill. But gonna hold my judgement until we see more.

Aggelos

Silent Hill Ascension.
An interactive media experience, known as Silent Hill Ascension was announced on October 19, 2022. It is being developed by Bad Robot Productions, Behavior Interactive, Genvid Technologies, and DJ2 Entertainment.

Be bound to remember that at Bad Robot Games work ex-Naughty Dog members like Ashley Swidowski and John Sweeny.
Ashley was the Lead Character Designer of Last of Us Part 2, while John Sweeny was Art Director (together with Erick Pangilinan, Erick still remains with Naughty Dog)

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

Day one to the remake! It's so good to see a game we loved so much much remade with today's tech to shine again!

F to the other interactive shit, not my cup of tea... Eh who knows? I love sh so much that maybe will try if it's good.

Please be a good film.

Edit.: with lot of explosions and car persecution

Last edited:

Unknown?

Sony and their stupid 12 months exclusivity. This brings nobody value, hate this crap.
Hey it brings more value than upright buying the franchise and locking it out forever.

Also if I'm correct this revival wouldn't have happened without Sony. Just like Crash, it was their persuasion that got an old franchise back.

peronmls

Be bound to remember that at Bad Robot Games work ex-Naughty Dog members like Ashley Swidowski and John Sweeny.
Ashley was the Lead Character Designer of Last of Us Part 2, while John Sweeny was Art Director (together with Erick Pangilinan, Erick still remains with Naughty Dog)

[/URL][/URL]

[/URL][/URL]

[/URL][/URL]

[/URL][/URL]

So this makes a lot of not sense... Ito is just over seeing the project(s). It does not looks like he's adding anything. I really don't want Ito to be a hack. I love his work. I don't want others work I want his work.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
yup, first Silent Hill movie is in IMO the best videogame based movie to date.
The reviews for that film made me laugh because film critics was very snobbish about it being a game adaptation yet they praise everything related to the game or was ripped directly from the games and criticise everything that wasn't from the game.
Yet they clearly didn't know what they loved was actually from the game and blame their criticism on it being based on a game.
Silent Hill (2006) got a lot of things right
But it's objective to make it easier to understand for the audience was it flaw.

The world transformation is fantastic and I can't wait to see how it is in Silent Hill 2 Remake

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The reviews for that film made me laugh because film critics was very snobbish about it being a game adaptation yet they praise everything related to the game or was ripped directly from the games and criticise everything that wasn't from the game.
Yet they clearly didn't know what they loved was actually from the game and blame their criticism on it being based on a game.
Silent Hill (2006) got a lot of things right
But it's objective to make it easier to understand for the audience was it flaw.

The world transformation is fantastic and I can't wait to see how it is in Silent Hill 2 Remake

Agreed. Its flaw was that it was too on the nose for the audience. Everything else was great and one of the best game to film adaptations for getting almost every game moment accurate.

Reactions: TGO

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That second image doesn't really look like it's a Silent Hill character. 😋
Because that's Mama from Death Stranding

Top Bottom