• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MultiVersus - First Look Reveal (2022, PS4/5, X1/XS, PC, Crossplay)

Fbh

At least they have the voices, but everything else about it looks really cheap.
The 3D models and animations in particular look terrible. Looks really slow too, as if it was intentionally animated to look like it's running at 10fps.

McCheese

The guy in the trailer sold me on this, they seemed to prioritise all the stuff I was worried for. voice talent, music, cross-progression, dedicated servers etc. Feels like they are taking this seriously.

SJRB

Gold Member
I dunno, looks like good clean fun, has heart and soul. Certainly doesn't seem like a cynical cash grab.

...god the bar is set so low these days....

Enjay

Banned
I've never seen an announcement trailer not only pack on every annoying feature in modern gaming (characters that'll probably $5-$10, battle pass grinding, skins with which we hope to exploit children and compulsive behavior and charge real money for, limited time events [play today or miss out], even a "sign up for chance to suck our dick" beta) but actually relish in having those "features."

Last edited:
Smash Bros made sense because they're all video game characters. Mario vs. Donkey Kong makes sense. Arya (live action TV) vs. Tom & Jerry (animated TV) doesn't make any sense. It's like having Michael Jordan vs. Kurt Cobain or something. It's just not super fitting.

theclaw135

Banned
Smash Bros made sense because they're all video game characters. Mario vs. Donkey Kong makes sense. Arya (live action TV) vs. Tom & Jerry (animated TV) doesn't make any sense. It's like having Michael Jordan vs. Kurt Cobain or something. It's just not super fitting.

I hadn't considered that. Most of the Cartoon Network stuff would be very awkward encountering Midway's droves of violent characters.

Ezquimacore

Banned
to be fair all these cartoons had awesome nes/snes/sega/psx games

to be fair all these cartoons had awesome nes/snes/sega/psx games
Sure, but Smash Bros was made because when everyone was younger we'd argue "Who's better: Superman or Batman? Mario or Sonic? Kurt Cobain or Chris Cornell?"

There's zero people out there asking, "What's better: Game of Thrones or Scooby Doo?" It's just odd.

Bodomism

Banned
jGKVjSx.gif

My guy the budget for Smash Ultimate is infinitely bigger than this game. The game looks good still but doesn’t need to be the most impressive graphically to win an audience.
But it looks so uninspired lol.
FEe2CMGXwAQmFDP

super-smash-bros-ultimate-small-battlefield.jpg

Neolombax

I don't like the aesthetic. It lacks detail and looks lazy. Also, gameplay looks clunky. I'm all for a Smash style game but at least make it look like a real contender to Smash.

theclaw135

Banned
WB's history is waaaaay richer than this. Are we going to have anything from Willy Wonka, The Iron Giant, The Matrix, love it or hate it The Big Bang Theory!?
Harry Potter and LOTR are licenses.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
they made super instinct shaggy real, wtf

Just a normal sandwich-munching, mystery-solving guy with limitless power of unknown origin.​

The last thing Shaggy remembers before The Change was exploring another spooky old mansion with his pal Scoob, just like any other day with the gang. He found a strange glowing crystal and, thinking it was rock candy, went to take a bite. There was a FLASH… and then blackness. When he came to, he found himself in possession of incredible powers. He doesn’t know where they came from or how they work, but he’s vowed to use them to vanquish evil and protect the little guy. As soon as he gets some lunch, that is.

Not really canon. there's this from the movie, but that's not how it happened

But I'm all for Ultra Instinct Shaggy in a Smash-style game.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Looks interesting enough for me. Especially if free to play.

I can play the DC trinity ? Sign me in !

I don't get the "Smash rip off" complaints. Yes it looks similar but it's because they made a brawler crossover fighting game which was created by Smash (I think).

Looks like a fun little game for free to me so no reason to complain

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Ya'll expecting a free-to-play game to compare to Smash Bros. Ultimate are out of your mind, Ultimate took years to create and several iterations, including help from another game studio (Bandai Namco).
But it looks so uninspired lol.
FEe2CMGXwAQmFDP

super-smash-bros-ultimate-small-battlefield.jpg
This screenshot comparison actually makes it look pretty good. Tbh I don't like the aesthetic of Battlefield in Ultimate. Too much going on.

xiseerht

You know what. I am down for it. As long as the MT are not too crazy bad. I can have some fun with it. I am feeling the co-op focus of it.

Top Bottom