• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murderous Villain Test | Like astrology but for the sociopathic crowd

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Which historical villain are you closest to? Find out:

The "Murderous Villain Test" is the property of IDR Labs International but pays homage to the works of C.G. Jung, C.A. Meier, J.H. van der Hoop, M-L von Franz, W. Pauli, I. Myers, K.C. Briggs, P.T. Costa, and R.R. McCrae.

The 20 murderous villains are: Heinrich Himmler, Joseph Goebbels, Hermann Goering, Adolf Hitler, Albert Speer, Karl Doenitz, Rudolf Hess, Joachim von Ribbentrop, Joseph Stalin, Vladimir Putin, Vladimir Lenin, Mao Zedong, Che Guevara, Ulrike Meinhof, Osama bin Laden, Ruhollah Khomeini, Saddam Hussein, Benito Mussolini, Idi Amin, and Muammar Gaddafi.

My result:
hBRxQvK.png
IVYSuDw.png

Personality Match​

Like Joseph Stalin, you are a force to be reckoned with. Tough-minded, effective, combative, and controlling, you assert yourself and dominate the situation wherever you go. Anything that can be approached as a challenge you approach with full intent to dominate and succeed. However, you would do well to remember that a ruthless 'in it to win it' attitude does not inspire much love and may leave you lonely in the long run.

Words of Warning​

Points to consider for people with your personality - have you ever:
  • Steamrolled others in a debate and pushed your solution through with impunity, simply because others were not able to produce the sort of rational and objective analysis that you were?
  • Used your own standard of efficiency and competence as a universal yardstick by which you measured *all* human beings, thus leading you to see softer and slower natures than your own as subpar?
  • Used your intellectual superiority to offer people an over-simplified worldview in which they could easily find meaning and freedom from the anxiety of having to fend for themselves, if only they did what you asked of them?
  • Exploited your ability to appear authoritative and imposing to stress someone out and subdue them, even though they might have had good reasons for disagreeing with you?
  • Sought power for power's sake without ever questioning the assumption that this was what would make you happy?

Scientific Research​

According to studies from Cambridge University (UK) and Texas AM University (US), your scores indicate that you are:
  • More energetic and quicker to act than the average person.
  • Someone who has a greater number of friends than the average person.
  • More assertive in social situations than the average person.
  • Someone who is more excitement-seeking and prone to experiencing more positive emotions than the average person.
  • More planful, organized, and goal-oriented than the average person.
  • Likely to have had a higher grade point average in school than the average person.
  • Less likely than the average person to ever have cheated on your homework, exams, or a loved one.
  • More likely than the average person to leave an orderly room when you go to work in the morning.
  • More critical, cold-headed, and detached than the average person.
  • More suspicious of the motives of others than the average person and quicker to detect a lie or an attempt to manipulate you than the average person.
  • More at ease with making cynical and tough decisions than the average person.
  • More likely than the average person to be barbed and acerbic with people who irritate you.
  • Less preoccupied than the average person with how you are perceived in the eyes of others.
  • More psychologically robust and better at absorbing shocks and setbacks than the average person.
  • Less worried about stressors and threats in your environment than the average person; not being one to be easily irritated or upset.
  • Someone who performs better under pressure than the average person.

Historical Background​

Joseph Stalin (1878-1953) led the Soviet Union from the mid-1920s until his death. Georgian by birth, he was a member of the Bolshevik Party which was a major participant in the 1917 Russian Revolution. After the death of Lenin in 1924, Stalin quickly consolidated political power and eliminated opposition to his rule.
Upon seizing power, he launched an agricultural reform program to convert the Soviet Union into an industrial power. The resulting famines and forced labor camps caused the deaths of as many as ten million peasants between 1926 and 1934. Following that, he had millions of supposed 'enemies of the Soviet Union' executed, exiled, or imprisoned during the Great Purge. Stalin died of natural causes in 1953, by which time the Soviet Union had became a superpower, but that was insufficient to prevent Stalin's successor, Nikita Khrushchev, from decrying Stalin's legacy and issuing a program of de-Stalinization in 1956.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I got Putin.

More likely than the average person to be barbed and acerbic with people who irritate you.
Less preoccupied than the average person with how you are perceived in the eyes of others.
More psychologically robust and better at absorbing shocks and setbacks than the average person.
Less worried about stressors and threats in your environment than the average person; not being one to be easily irritated or upset.
Someone who performs better under pressure than the average person.

I think this description is pretty accurate.

I_D

Is it weird that I was 'hoping' for a 'good' one?

Some of these questions were too extremely-different from each other. There's a lot of "I kinda like X" vs. "This shit fucking sucks" types of questions. Still a decent waste of ten minutes, though.

I find it ironic that I both strongly disagree with some of the results, but then also strongly agree with others. I got Osama.
If there'd been a bit more nuance (which was one of the questions), they'd probably be able to give slightly more accurate results.
They even get that I don't care about stressors and that shocks don't really affect me, but then have my "Carefree" stat as my lowest.

Last edited:

badblue

guevara.jpg
villain-graph

Personality Match

Like Che Guevara, you are spontaneous, passionate, and communicative. It is important to you to be true to yourself and to stand up for what you believe in, provoking others out of their bourgeois complacency by tenderly calling out the world's injustices. You are passionate about your cause and can even wax somewhat poetic when speaking of the social change that you long for. However, remember that calling for change is not enough; the mature firebrand also points to practicable ways of implementing it.

Words of Warning

• Felt so impassioned at the sight of an injustice that you were stirred to use whatever means were in your power to set it right, thereby inadvertently ending up committing a new injustice?
  • Opened your heart so indiscriminately to the suffering of others that you forgot to consider whether some portion of their maladies was really their own fault?
  • Spread your gift of fantasy and innovation too thin by engrossing yourself in too many projects at the same time, thereby having to abandon several of them before they reached completion?
  • Adopted a rebellious or contrarian attitude in a situation where "by the book" cooperation would have served you better?
  • Behaved so passionately as the champion of a cause that your personal identity and passion ended up overshadowing the cause itself?
  • Procrastinated and pushed boring routine tasks into the future, effectively neglecting them or forcing others to deal with the consequences of your missed deadlines?

Scientific Research

According to studies from Cambridge University (UK) and Texas AM University (US), your scores indicate that you are:

• More deliberate and thorough in your actions than the average person.
  • Someone who is more reserved in social situations than the average person.
  • Someone who has an easier time concentrating for long periods of time than the average person.
  • Someone who likes to take more time to size people up and get to know them before you open up than the average person.
  • More spontaneous and flexible in your approach to problem solving than the average person.
  • More risk-prone, and less afraid of exposing yourself to risk, than the average person.
  • More likely than the average person to believe that "rules are meant to be broken" and to utilize that belief to your own advantage.
  • More likely than the average person to leave a messy room when you go to work in the morning.
  • More likeable, warm, and trusting than the average person.
  • More likely than the average person to think in terms of "win-win" and to compromise as a means of settling disputes.
  • Someone who forgives more easily than the average person and who gives more to charities than the average person.
  • Someone who feels more concern for others and who sympathizes more with the feelings of others than the average person.

Himmler.

"Like Heinrich Himmler, you are loyal, orderly, and strive to please your friends and superiors. Your attention to detail and the responsibility with which you approach your work are assets in any endeavor. However, every once in a while you would do well to zoom out and evaluate the big picture. Are you working smarter, not harder, and are your efforts pulling in the right direction?"

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
AFbGkN0.png
BfMTVzR.png

Personality Match
Like Joachim von Ribbentrop, you love being around people and facilitating a congenial atmosphere among them. Your concern with harmonious relations is a great asset, but you should allow yourself to be analytical about people from time to time. Being critical of others is not always a fault, and paying attention to the possible sinister motives of others, instead of always seeking to make nice, can save you many a tear in the long run.

Words of Warning
  • Put the responsibility for your decisions in the hands of an "authority" as a way to avoid having to be accountable for your own actions?
  • Used your eminent practical skills to take care of obvious problems for a loved one, only to discover that he or she did not want the problem solved in the way that you did it?
  • Covered up or ignored obvious injustices aimed at you, or at people under your guidance, because you did not want to ruin the mood and good graces of a situation?
  • Found validation for your own actions in the supportive utterances of friends and family as a way to avoid having to face nagging doubts about whether what you did was right?
  • Used your good graces and flair for politeness to win favors and special treatment at the expense of people who had been queuing for these benefits for longer than you had?

Scientific Research

• More planful, organized, and goal-oriented than the average person.
  • Likely to have had a higher grade point average in school than the average person.
  • Less likely than the average person to ever have cheated on your homework, exams, or a loved one.
  • More likely than the average person to leave an orderly room when you go to work in the morning.
  • Less preoccupied than the average person with how you are perceived in the eyes of others.
  • More psychologically robust and better at absorbing shocks and setbacks than the average person.
  • Less worried about stressors and threats in your environment than the average person; not being one to be easily irritated or upset.
  • Someone who performs better under pressure than the average person.

Historical Background
Joachim von Ribbentrop (1893-1946) was a German businessman and the Third Reich's Foreign Minister from 1938 to 1945. Ribbentrop's knowledge of world affairs from his business dealings attracted Hitler's attention. In 1933, he offered his home for the secret meetings which led to Hitler's appointment as Chancellor. He was appointed by Hitler as the German ambassador to Britain in 1936, although many leading Nazis thought him incompetent for this task.

Later, while serving as the Foreign Minister, he played a key role in securing the Pact of Steel with Italy and securing the Soviet-German non-aggression pact, known as the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. However, by 1941 his influence had waned. At the Nuremberg Trials, he was found guilty of war crimes for his role in starting World War II and enabling the Holocaust. In 1946, he was the first to be executed because of Goering's suicide moments before the scheduled hanging.

A lot of this does sound like me.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
mao.jpg
villain-graph

Personality Match

Like Mao Zedong, you are intellectually curious and novelty-seeking to a fault. You are bored by doing things the tried-and-true way and love nothing better than to embark on a new and challenging project. However, keep in mind that those around you may not appreciate experiments as much as you do - particularly if they will have to deal with the consequences long after you've lost interest and moved on.

Words of Warning
  • Chased after something completely new and untried because it stimulated your imagination, only to find that there were very good practical reasons that this particular solution had never been tried?
  • Found yourself unable to focus because you were on such an intellectual high that you positively wanted to do everything at once?
  • Driven others to exhaustion by seeking out argument and controversy, possibly even arguing both sides of a case just for the fun of it?
  • Found yourself unable "to leave well enough alone," always having to tinker and push against the boundaries just to see what would happen?
  • "Sweated the small stuff" and forgotten about important things like flight times, tax returns, and subscription renewals simply because you could not be bothered to deal with the nitty-gritty of practical matters?

Scientific Research
  • More spontaneous and flexible in your approach to problem solving than the average person.
  • More risk-prone, and less afraid of exposing yourself to risk, than the average person.
  • More likely than the average person to believe that "rules are meant to be broken" and to utilize that belief to your own advantage.
  • More likely than the average person to leave a messy room when you go to work in the morning.
  • More critical, cold-headed, and detached than the average person.
  • More suspicious of the motives of others than the average person and quicker to detect a lie or an attempt to manipulate you than the average person.
  • More at ease with making cynical and tough decisions than the average person.
  • More likely than the average person to be barbed and acerbic with people who irritate you.

Last edited:
Reminds me how he made his dog come up to Merkel on purpose knowing very well she is afraid of the dogs. Shit move, but from Merkel I expected to be able to stand her ground and humiliate him.
Haha, I had forgotten about this, just looked it up again on youtube
That would be kind of a dick move i'd do honestly, bring my sherman shepherd for the meeting

Last edited:
Top Bottom