• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Music only you can appreciate

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Ctrl + F "Throbbing Gristle,"

GIF by SkySlope

Jennings

Based on fan reaction to Sepultura after Max quit you'd think the band should have killed themselves or something. But they're still doing great.

Last edited:

Dark Star

Even the most extreme music I listen to, like cannibal corpse or infant annihilator or some one-man-band black metal project, still has a dedicated fan base. I don't think I'm alone in anything I enjoy. I do like a lot of music that many of my friends/family don't really appreciate at all, though, and that kind of sucks when I'm in the car and I want to listen to some emo/posthardcore album from 2008 but everyone else wants to listen to Drake or Kanye or whatever is popular in 2021.

In terms of neogaf, I'm probably the only this person on this forum who's genuinely into that dark underground memphis phonk styled hiphop/trap, though. Like, I bought Devilish Trio's merch once, and they're NOBODIES in the grand scheme of rap music culture.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
In terms of neogaf, I'm probably the only this person on this forum who's genuinely into that dark underground memphis phonk styled hiphop/trap, though. Like, I bought Devilish Trio's merch once, and they're NOBODIES in the grand scheme of rap music culture.

That’s essentially ICP

BigBooper

I ordered this album back in 2014 and I don't remember why. I don't understand the lyrics but the music's alright. Dunno if nobody else could appreciate it, but they have a tiny following so certainly very few have, from what I can tell. Not ashamed of it, except not knowing why I bought it.

I have pretty broad tastes so I don't get ashamed of much. My last few albums I bought were from Ella Fitzgerald, Fuel, Andy Williams, and Linda Ronstadt.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
The only artist I would not play in front of everyone is probably Wheeler Walker Jr. But damnit, I will try to play it when no one is paying attention.

RAÏSanÏa

It's like I recognize her as extremely famous from other worlds and other lives then wonder what she is doing in obscurity on this planet at this time. Then realize this is something she'd do.

Top Bottom