• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Musky Cheese Is No Longer With Us And I Am Your New Baseball Czar

EVERYONE GET ITT IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!

Famed GAFFER Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese has decided to leave us for greener pastures. You may remember Musky as the fellow who would inject baseball gifs into every thread when completely uncalled for. GIFs such as these

Stare Down Major League Baseball GIF by MLB

excited washington nationals GIF by MLB

Major League Baseball Sport GIF by MLB

And so on and so forth. He would flood us with images of his beloved Washington Nationals. Upon first glance one would think Musky was a decent human being with a heart of gold but one must remember that the washington nationals are actually the montreal expos and come from canada which makes them french canadian and therefore being complicit with french canadians makes you a BAD PERSON

Rather than honouring Musky's legacy, I believe it would be best for the community if we all forgot about him and moved on completely as we have established he is a bad person. As such, we need a new baseball czar to shit threads up with unnecessary baseball gifs and baseball talk. GAF will not be the same without posts about a sport that no one cares about and posters just ignore entirely. A poster is going to have to step up to the plate, so to speak, and become an iconic figure in GAF lore, like Babe Ruth, or Mickey Mantle, a figure whose name and contributions will be passed down from generation after generation. I am a very humble person but I nominate myself to be this poster as I think I am a bigger baseball fan than all of you and am also really bad at posting. It seems to be a match made in heaven.

I am a Giants fan so my contributions to threads will be Bondsian Blasts and Pandaian winks, as evidenced below

san francisco giants baseball GIF

bos GIF by MLB

The team also has a very rich history, which allows me to go back several decades when necessary to tie baseball into older topics

Confused Willie Mays GIF by Marc Leone

What's your opinion GAF? Are you excited to have a new baseball czar? I sure am. PLAY BALL

San Francisco Giants Thumbs Up GIF by MLB

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
While most people hate Mondays because it's back to school or work, Expo fans hate Mondays for this.

Monday, October 19, 1981
Attendance: 36,491
Venue: Stade Olympique

Well, considering MLB basically stripped the entire team and farm system before we got the Nats, no I won’t accept that we’re the Expos. It was basically an expansion team unless you want to call Ryan Church, Brad Wilkerson and not even up at the time Ian Desmond great players (they weren’t). Not to mention we got royally fucked having dumb ass Jim Bowden as our GM until Rizzo saved us.

Also, Musky lives through all of us Nats fans. And by all, I’m pretty sure it’s just me.

greyshark

EVERYONE GET ITT IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!

Famed GAFFER Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese has decided to leave us for greener pastures. You may remember Musky as the fellow who would inject baseball gifs into every thread when completely uncalled for. GIFs such as these

Stare Down Major League Baseball GIF by MLB

excited washington nationals GIF by MLB

Major League Baseball Sport GIF by MLB

And so on and so forth. He would flood us with images of his beloved Washington Nationals. Upon first glance one would think Musky was a decent human being with a heart of gold but one must remember that the washington nationals are actually the montreal expos and come from canada which makes them french canadian and therefore being complicit with french canadians makes you a BAD PERSON

Rather than honouring Musky's legacy, I believe it would be best for the community if we all forgot about him and moved on completely as we have established he is a bad person. As such, we need a new baseball czar to shit threads up with unnecessary baseball gifs and baseball talk. GAF will not be the same without posts about a sport that no one cares about and posters just ignore entirely. A poster is going to have to step up to the plate, so to speak, and become an iconic figure in GAF lore, like Babe Ruth, or Mickey Mantle, a figure whose name and contributions will be passed down from generation after generation. I am a very humble person but I nominate myself to be this poster as I think I am a bigger baseball fan than all of you and am also really bad at posting. It seems to be a match made in heaven.

I am a Giants fan so my contributions to threads will be Bondsian Blasts and Pandaian winks, as evidenced below

san francisco giants baseball GIF

bos GIF by MLB

The team also has a very rich history, which allows me to go back several decades when necessary to tie baseball into older topics

Confused Willie Mays GIF by Marc Leone

What's your opinion GAF? Are you excited to have a new baseball czar? I sure am. PLAY BALL

San Francisco Giants Thumbs Up GIF by MLB

It’s not too late to jump on the Super White Sox bandwagon. I know it’s coming. You know it’s coming. Join us. And by us I mean me, there are no other Sox fans on this board.

GymWolf

Never liked baseball tbh, from the big 3 american sports (4 if you consider hockey) is the one i like less.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
RIP Pedro Gomez, Barry Bonds not a HOF’r is crazy I watched him on sports center top 10 every day as a kid, Indians are in pretty rough shape (Tito’s health, name, losing stars like Lindor and Carlos etc.) let’s hope for a good 2021 season.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Never liked baseball tbh, from the big 3 american sports (4 if you consider hockey) is the one i like less.
For regular season play, baseball is boring as fuck. BUT, when it comes playoff time something weird happens and it becomes awesome. Even teams I don't care about watching are great to watch.

GymWolf

For regular season play, baseball is boring as fuck. BUT, when it comes playoff time something weird happens and it becomes awesome. Even teams I don't care about watching are great to watch.
I just don't find the mechanics exciting.

I guess it's the same thing that a lot of americans think about our soccer.

Last edited:

Baseball is more about the mind game between the pitcher and hitter than anything else, which is really hard to pick up on unless someone explains it to you. Example, pitcher throws a fastball and the batter swings through it (he's late). Now the batter might think "I have to speed my swing up to catch up to that pitch" while the pitcher thinks "he's going to try to speed his swing up to catch up to my heater so I'll throw a breaking ball (slower pitch) so he'll be early and miss it".

Or there's runners on base so the pitcher thinks "he's going to be aggressive and try to get these runners home so I'll throw a breaking pitch so he'll be out in front and it will be a ground ball", meanwhile the hitter is thinking "he's going to try to get me to ground out with a breaking ball so I'll have to set my sights low and stay back so I can drive a pitch deep".

I found once I really started to understand pitching I enjoyed the game a lot more, as you start thinking as the pitcher or hitter what to throw next.

DESTROYA

How can you be Czar of anything if your avatar is just a letter.
Already starting off badly, you have to step up your game son or your outta here
Have some balls !

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Agreed. Its slow paced.

Even when the Jays were in the playoffs in 2015 and 2016, it's still tough to watch every pitch.

Baseball is one of those sports which is great to have on the TV in the background as audio filler. Sports like US football and hockey are sports you got to follow with your eyes.

When I go to Jays games with buddies, it's more about sitting as a group gabbing and hanging out. We don't even really follow the game much as it goes on. Only time is when someone gets a hit or HR. Most of the time, it's dead time waiting for the pitcher to throw every 20 seconds.

You can tell how much people care about the game y how many people are walking around the concourse or getting food. In baseball, there's always tons of people every minute doing random shit buying food or checking the sports shop. In hockey, people do all that during intermission. Get up to do stuff in the middle of the period and the concourse is dead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom