• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My co-worker insulted me. What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I will avoid the specifics, but in the meeting my co-worker was very condescending and called me lazy.
I stayed calm tried to get my points across but she was very argumentative and didn't listen to me. She was very unprofessional.

Anyway I am thinking of going to my boss and explaining what happened calmly and asking for advice. I will say I still like my coworker, want to work with her, but I am confused by the criticism.

Is this a smart strategy? Boss will ask what had I done to address the issue with worker and I will say I tried to talk to her for an hour and she was combative. I am afraid I will look as a complainer, though.
Try showering

Hugare

From the neck down, yes.
Im Not No Way GIF

Even if you are right, dont mess with a hot coworker. I mean it.

th4tguy

Easy. Just win. Work is now the game. She is your competition. Everything she does, do it better. Learn the art of humble brag to higherups. Be friendly with managers. Be the person who volunteers for projects. Be the sme for anything others don’t like doing. Get promoted over her and then you strike. You completely ignore her. She doesn’t exist. As long as she isn’t actively causing issues, you don’t see her. She never gets on special projects. Not chances for standing out. Turn that glass ceiling into a fucking coffin lid and bury her in mediocrity .

Last edited:

GeekyDad

I will avoid the specifics, but in the meeting my co-worker was very condescending and called me lazy.
I stayed calm tried to get my points across but she was very argumentative and didn't listen to me. She was very unprofessional.

Anyway I am thinking of going to my boss and explaining what happened calmly and asking for advice. I will say I still like my coworker, want to work with her, but I am confused by the criticism.

Is this a smart strategy? Boss will ask what had I done to address the issue with worker and I will say I tried to talk to her for an hour and she was combative. I am afraid I will look as a complainer, though.
She insulted you in a professional setting, and yet you still like her?

I'd start mulling over that first because that could possibly have something to do with your other issue.

But to call you lazy in front of other colleagues...if you didn't call her out on that right then and there with rage in your eyes, heart and voice, then either 1.) you are lazy and knew it to be true and should have never made this thread, or 2.) ...I don't really have an answer for 2.)

Why would you not call her out if you don't feel you're lazy? Unless you were trying to be the bigger person. If that were the case, why would this bother you in the first place? Just move on, then, and let her be seen as the unprofessional child she is.

Last edited:

Chronicle

Are you lazy though? That's not an insult if your fucking lazy. You gave no specifics and it's only one side of the story.

A few guys got called out at work for being lazy and they went and cried to the boss. Truth is they're fucking lazy though. Fucking crybabies these days. They all got fired eventually.

Marvel14

Banned
Also post her picture, so we can call her names

So calling Jeremy Clarkson an asshole with evidence is worthy of a threadban but throwing abuse at someone's random female coworker is peachy.

Your threadbans should be considered awards on GAF.

And now I can see why criticising Clarkson triggers you.

#SoNotsorry.

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I understand that you had a difficult situation with your co-worker and want to address it. However, I would advise against discussing her hot physical appearance with your boss, as it is not relevant to the issue at hand and could be seen as inappropriate. Focus on the professional aspect of your relationship and the issue you encountered in the meeting.

Before approaching your boss, consider these steps:
  1. Reflect on the feedback: Even if your co-worker was condescending and unprofessional in their delivery, it's essential to take a step back and consider if there's any truth to the criticism. If you genuinely believe you could improve your work ethic or output, make a plan to address those areas.
  2. Address the issue with your co-worker: If you haven't already done so, try to have a calm and open conversation with your co-worker about the situation. Express your feelings about the interaction and ask for clarification on the criticism. Make an effort to find a resolution and maintain a positive working relationship.
If you have exhausted these steps and still feel the need to involve your boss, do so in a professional manner. Explain the situation, the steps you've taken to address the issue, and ask for guidance on how to move forward. Avoid discussing personal feelings towards your co-worker's appearance or personality. Focus on the work-related issue and your desire to maintain a positive and collaborative work environment.

Thanks ChatGPT4

SpokkX

It's about setting boundaries.
How dare someone call me lazy, even if I am?
well..

if she thinks you are lazy
... and you admit to being lazy
... odds are your boss also thinks you are lazy
... odds are also most people around you know you are lazy

what are you hoping to gain?

my tip: stop being lazy

AJUMP23

So calling Jeremy Clarkson an asshole with evidence is worthy of a threadban but throwing abuse at someone's random female coworker is peachy.

Your threadbans should be considered awards on GAF.

And now I can see why criticising Clarkson triggers you.

#SoNotsorry.
A mild bit of intelligence would make it very easy to understand that this was sarcasm. You deserved the Clarkson thread ban because you became a troll. It is always the arrogant that cannot see reason, or understand the difference between one owns actions and another's.

Good day sir. :messenger_grinning:

Don't go to your boss. If you do then just be like hey what do you think of my work? Are you happy with me or is there something I could improve? Don't mention what happened or the name of your co worker.

If you've tried talking to her and she ain't up for it then forget about it. You can be professional and just have a working relationship with her. A few people I've worked with I don't exactly like but I can get on with them for the sake of the job. Maybe give it a bit of time and try talking to her again.

Last edited:
If someone insulted me and suggested that I wasn't a very good employee, I can tell you the last thing I'd do is approach anyone else with that information. Why invite others to be critical of you?

Easy. Just win. Work is now the game. She is your competition. Everything she does, do it better. Learn the art of humble brag to higherups. Be friendly with managers. Be the person who volunteers for projects. Be the sme for anything others don’t like doing. Get promoted over her and then you strike. You completely ignore her. She doesn’t exist. As long as she isn’t actively causing issues, you don’t see her. She never gets on special projects. Not chances for standing out. Turn that glass ceiling into a fucking coffin lid and bury her in mediocrity .

We can shut down the thread just here because this is the perfect response.

In fact I recently used this tactic to get over on one of the slackers in our team that was always complaining about other people when he does fuck all himself.

Now the manager knows who the slackers are after I put in that little bit of extra work to stand out. Mr Manager's constantly putting the slackers on blast or highlighting it to the wider team. The embarrasment on that clown's face when he gets called out for not pulling his weight is fucking priceless.

ahtlas7

We can shut down the thread just here because this is the perfect response.

In fact I recently used this tactic to get over on one of the slackers in our team that was always complaining about other people when he does fuck all himself.

Now the manager knows who the slackers are after I put in that little bit of extra work to stand out. Mr Manager's constantly putting the slackers on blast or highlighting it to the wider team. The embarrasment on that clown's face when he gets called out for not pulling his weight is fucking priceless.
You’ll never find a better cheerleader, at work, than self. Don’t let others put you down and don’t be afraid of confrontation. This is your career and don’t let others easily take away what you have earned. Be humbly proud and acknowledge the people who have helped you on your path. Constructive criticism should be taken with ease but hostility should be rejected.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Please do not do anything that his poster recommended.

Marvel14

Banned
A mild bit of intelligence would make it very easy to understand that this was sarcasm. You deserved the Clarkson thread ban because you became a troll. It is always the arrogant that cannot see reason, or understand the difference between one owns actions and another's.

Good day sir. :messenger_grinning:

I did become a bit trolly but a mild bit of intelligence would make it very easy to understand that I highlighted relevant evidence about a bigoted and prejudiced bully.

To discredit me your threadbuddies kept throwing their hatred of Meghan Markle into the mix. It is here where my trollite laughter took off.

It is always the hateful and prejudiced who cannot see reason and who defend and diminish words or actions that demean others and that they would not want directed at themselves.

Good day.

20cent

Banned
I don't know, but to me being lazy is the most "unprofessional" thing you can do at work.

But in a world of appearance, attitude and political correctness, I'm alone in this.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
And that guy would probably have been fired a long time ago if it wasn't as hard as it is to get new people.
I think I'm able to keep my job because my uncle owns the company.
Are you male or female? You sound like a male but this would be completely different if you’re a woman
I'm male but currently transitioning.
Try showering
6a6d1124cf69e5588588bc7e397598f6.png

So did you act on any of the awesome advice you got?
Not yet, but I'm strongly considering the titty twister.

I think I'll let it go this time, but the next time I'm going to HR. Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
She correctly identified you as a "Pussy ass bitch"™.
a pussy ass bitch with small balls, a long shaft, and fat head on the end of that bitch.
I wonder if she identified the last few parts.:goog_unsure:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom