• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My favorite posters on the forum as of 2022

Maybe if you make better posts you'll make the list in 2023.

there-there-broom.gif

I have been on this forum for a while now and there are quite a few users who I end up liking to see on a thread, for many different reasons
(i'm and Xbox/PC guy, by the way so if these picks seem biased it is because they probably are)

TintoConCasera TintoConCasera I'm convinced this guy is me from another dimension. Pretty much me and him agree on basically everything when it comes to games, not to mention that he isn't an asshole unlike quite a few posters on this forum. The profile picture is funny too

@01011001 The thread he made dunking on Halo Infinite is one of the best on the site and it's pretty much brimming with passion out of a guy who's extremely frusturated with the state of the franchise. Besides that though he's a very insightful and smart person and the threads he makes are usually pretty cool and have a great point more often than not.

@kretos Never forget. =)

@OOGABOOGA Also never forget. Yes, that Cloud thread was abysmal but they were a funny troll for the short time they lasted on the forum

thicc_girls_are_teh_best thicc_girls_are_teh_best This isn't because of the profile pictures. The threads AND the posts they make have a LOT to read and while some people find that to be a bore, (just look at all the people who go "not reading all that" every time a thread with a post longer than 4 sentences appears) i fucking love it. More text to read means takes that are more nuanced than what 2 or 3 sentences can offer. Not only that, but the threads tend to be very well structured more often than not and don't feel like a pain to read. They feel like news articles more than forum threads. Also, they just feel like the voice of reason amidst all the chaos and hot takes of the board. When they make a post, it's something that i feel that not only me, but a majority of the board can on some level agree with.

@ReBurn bender bender Comedy gold. Reburn especially is quite witty while also having some good points in a lot of his posts

@EDMIX He seems quite optimistic in comparison to a large majority of the rest of the forum, he doesn't usually go off on "gaming is dying/dead" tangents like the rest do and tends to focus on the positive more often than not. It's not often you see a poster like this. Also, he was basically one of the few sane posters in the "When will western devs realize that femininity sells?" thread who didnt immediately go off dismissing every american developed game as propoganda or part of an agenda to make everything woke

@GigaBowser People rip on his dumbass threads but MAN they can be funny sometimes. He is a troll and i have a soft spot for trolls, hence why i list Kretos and OOGABOOGA here. Plus some of his more recent threads arent nearly as egregious

That's about it, as of now. If i can think of more i will probably add them here

Go ahead and list your favorite posters too, i like creating discussion.

Much appreciate it my dude; I enjoy your threads quite a lot as well and several other user's threads too, including quite a not listed here. Guess I should list at least a few of them below:

Draugoth Draugoth Always coming through with timely threads on much of the latest gaming news. I swear this guy is a ninja IRL xD

Eddie-Griffin Eddie-Griffin I may disagree with some of their gaming analysis takes, but I definitely respect the effort they put into their threads and posts, and the insight that can be had in them particularly WRT retro gaming content. They've also been doing a lot of threads of late on topical gaming news as well, which is also appreciated.

P Panajev2001a For being a saint and blessing me with some Gold

PaintTinJr PaintTinJr For their technical analysis; Lysandros Lysandros and the dude with the Lil' Wayne avatar, in similar vein

adamsapple adamsapple Because he's been picking up the slack for Riky 😁

Bernd Lauert Bernd Lauert for being adamsapple's tag-team partner 😂. That said I do agree with some of the stuff they bring up, so there is also that

Rivet Rivet For the endless emoji reacts and the rare times they actually do make posts

Swift_Star Swift_Star For helping confirm I'm not crazy in seeing the shadiness in the way some stuff is done on Reset ;)

Kazekage1981 Kazekage1981 For being such a big dreamer when it comes to 10th-gen console tech, which is a nice change of pace when others
are pretty pessimistic on that

ManaByte ManaByte For usually also doing lots of timely topical threads on gaming news, tho I think Eddie Griffin and Draugoth have been trying
to overtake them on that these days

Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping For some at-times brutally sharp and witty snark

DeepEnigma DeepEnigma For a lot of the same reasons

yurinka yurinka For their deep, oft-analytical posts especially if it's Sony-related

@peter420 For actually wearing me down sometimes in who can make the biggest posts, but also because they have some good
perspectives from the POV of someone who prefers Xbox as a brand

Topher Topher For being one of the more nuanced/neutral posters on the forums

kyliethicc kyliethicc for supplying their own rotation to sexy women to admire through avatars (I only haven't been doing it late because I've been
using my avatar to impersonate certain Reset users who say the dumbest things)

and while they're no longer here, special mentions to Riky and CatLady. Proud warriors 'till the very, very end 😂

I should get back to doing more threads, there are some games deserving of in-depth analysis and would be great fits. Some of you probably know I also post on IconERA now too; oh and also wanted to make a Twitter profile page so did that too. It's great posting between the three, all things considered.

Really tho I appreciate everyone's input in some form or another, it all adds to the sense of community.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I may disagree with some of their gaming analysis takes, but I definitely respect the effort they put into their threads and posts, and the insight that can be had in them particularly WRT retro gaming content. They've also been doing a lot of threads of late on topical gaming news as well, which is also appreciated.
Man this guy is such a mixed bag, he's very well read and knowledgeable when it comes to retro gaming (that Sega 1996 thread was by far his best, and the early 3d thread is one of my favorites as well) but his takes rub me the wrong way a lot of the time, and some of the threads he makes feel like downright console war bait

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I have been on this forum for a while now and there are quite a few users who I end up liking to see on a thread, for many different reasons
(i'm and Xbox/PC guy, by the way so if these picks seem biased it is because they probably are)

TintoConCasera TintoConCasera I'm convinced this guy is me from another dimension. Pretty much me and him agree on basically everything when it comes to games, not to mention that he isn't an asshole unlike quite a few posters on this forum. The profile picture is funny too

@01011001 The thread he made dunking on Halo Infinite is one of the best on the site and it's pretty much brimming with passion out of a guy who's extremely frusturated with the state of the franchise. Besides that though he's a very insightful and smart person and the threads he makes are usually pretty cool and have a great point more often than not.

@kretos Never forget. =)

@OOGABOOGA Also never forget. Yes, that Cloud thread was abysmal but they were a funny troll for the short time they lasted on the forum

thicc_girls_are_teh_best thicc_girls_are_teh_best This isn't because of the profile pictures. The threads AND the posts they make have a LOT to read and while some people find that to be a bore, (just look at all the people who go "not reading all that" every time a thread with a post longer than 4 sentences appears) i fucking love it. More text to read means takes that are more nuanced than what 2 or 3 sentences can offer. Not only that, but the threads tend to be very well structured more often than not and don't feel like a pain to read. They feel like news articles more than forum threads. Also, they just feel like the voice of reason amidst all the chaos and hot takes of the board. When they make a post, it's something that i feel that not only me, but a majority of the board can on some level agree with.

@ReBurn bender bender Comedy gold. Reburn especially is quite witty while also having some good points in a lot of his posts

@EDMIX He seems quite optimistic in comparison to a large majority of the rest of the forum, he doesn't usually go off on "gaming is dying/dead" tangents like the rest do and tends to focus on the positive more often than not. It's not often you see a poster like this. Also, he was basically one of the few sane posters in the "When will western devs realize that femininity sells?" thread who didnt immediately go off dismissing every american developed game as propoganda or part of an agenda to make everything woke

@GigaBowser People rip on his dumbass threads but MAN they can be funny sometimes. He is a troll and i have a soft spot for trolls, hence why i list Kretos and OOGABOOGA here. Plus some of his more recent threads arent nearly as egregious

That's about it, as of now. If i can think of more i will probably add them here

Are you the guy that had a spreadsheet on posters back when neogaf was simply gaf in the early 2000's?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I love all you guys, when we agree and when we don't. I'm like a dog that way.

Puppy Love GIF by MOODMAN

Shout out to Hendrick's Hendrick's . Hope we are all good bro.
We're good. Truth is, sometimes I get drunk and post stupid shit. I don't really take this stuff all too seriously and am here because this is the best community for gaming, despite a few bad eggs.

Bragr

Banned
I can't name one person on this board. I'm here almost daily, but there is something about bigger boards where everyone blends into each other.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
DGrayson DGrayson The community mod whom usually has some interesting takes on Switch games and anime

Space Runaway Space Runaway whom I always suspect is Kenny Lauderdale's secret GAF clone

22•22 22•22 Remimds me of a bandmate I had years back and overall a swell guy

kunonabi kunonabi Fun to read his posts on games, anime and older pop culture occasionally

Valonquar Valonquar Cool poster wherever I see him pop up in random threads of similar interest

Kev Kev Kev Kev for being a genuine and positive person whichever part of the forum you find him in

and shout out to Theonik Theonik and @jexxed whom I haven't heard from in eons.

Man this guy is such a mixed bag, he's very well read and knowledgeable when it comes to retro gaming (that Sega 1996 thread was by far his best, and the early 3d thread is one of my favorites as well) but his takes rub me the wrong way a lot of the time, and some of the threads he makes feel like downright console war bait

I think they've gotten better with not doing that. I definitely support what they want to do (IIRC they want to make a book chronicling gaming history) but yeah, scaling back some of the hot takes and such is helpful. We all have some hot takes from time to time, though.

I've been hoping for a long time the guy who had that Sonic CD profile pic on ResetERA would come over here, their username started with "Kre". Extremely insightful retro technology analysis stuff, I learned a lot about how 3D rendering for Saturn and PS1 worked reading their threads. But I think Reset drove him away (like the majority of quality posters they once had) and he's just kind of doing other things now.

I love all you guys, when we agree and when we don't. I'm like a dog that way.

Puppy Love GIF by MOODMAN

Shout out to Hendrick's Hendrick's . Hope we are all good bro.

Thanks to thicc_girls_are_teh_best thicc_girls_are_teh_best for the love. Love your insightful contributions.

Always, man. Always. 🤗 😁👍

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.

@kretos Never forget. =)

AJUMP23 AJUMP23 I'm convinced this guy only has gold because he walks into a thread, proceeds to say the most random funny shit, and then leave like nothing happened
Edit: just saw your post, you meanie ;-;

remember_spinal remember_spinal His threads are pretty cool, I like them quite a bit.... that's mostly it lol

Tiago Rodrigues Tiago Rodrigues Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem I'm not a big Playstation guy myself but the dedication these guys have to the brand is nice. Plus unlike some other users around here he doesn't feel the need to constantly tear down Xbox every time they get a dub. There's a clear difference between these guys and a blatant fanboy like domines pizza

Danjin44 Danjin44 the tag isn't wrong, they're surprisingly nice and even if I'm not the biggest jrpg guy he's very knowledgeable and passionate which makes me kinda happy inside. Similar to edmix I guess

ProgenitorCastle ProgenitorCastle don't think I forgot you, your threads are awesome. Kinda like TintoConCasera where we just seem to agree with a lot of the same things and we get along

Topher Topher I always appreciated your neutral posts, the profile picture is very hot (I am a furry, lynch me if you desire) and you're a Georgia guy.

Ghost of Caelid Ghost of Caelid I like his posts a lot of the time even if he can say some weird stuff i disagree with sometimes, he's a boondocks fan if the profile is anything to go by, and were both black. Also I want that African tribe game idea to be a thing.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Tiago Rodrigues Tiago Rodrigues Tiago Rodrigues Tiago Rodrigues Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem I'm not a big Playstation guy myself but the dedication these guys have to the brand is nice. Plus unlike some other users around here he doesn't feel the need to constantly tear down Xbox every time they get a dub. There's a clear difference between these guys and a blatant fanboy like domines pizza

Thank you! As for me I really like most posters and saddens me to see them departure, and that includes Xboxers as I love exchanging banter with them and I actually have many good relationships here despite I really don't see Xbox console in action in real life.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
yamaci17 yamaci17 the sheer amount of knowledge this guy has about hardware and PC gaming never fails to impress me, his posts are very long and in depth and go into every single detail. And I mean very long, this guy makes the average thicc_girls_are_teh_best post look like a Twitter post.
Plus, you were one of the few people in that "Get a pc if you hate 30fps so much" thread who actually understood that I was targeting the console players begging for 60fps patches or complaining about 30fps. Having someone actually understand where the hell I was coming from was very cathartic

Punished Miku Punished Miku your dedication to staying neutral even in the face of some of the most rabid console fanboys will never not impress me

Last edited:

Chronicle

TS you're like one of those dudes who falls in love e with someone over a dating site with no pics. Then you end up on Jerry Springer defending and making out with your fat sea-donky with a dick. I can already see the smear of the cheap lipstick.

Puke!

Top Bottom