• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My favorite thing about the current gen consoles is not the graphics...

watdaeff4

Load times and that beautiful Series S design for me. God that is a sexy box.
Olivia Wilde Reaction GIF
Um…………

I’ll be right back

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I’m kind of indifferent towards my PS5, I’m enjoying the games but other than better loading times I’m experience with my PS5 is exactly as PS4, not much different honestly.
It couldn’t be more different. There is ssd, new console ui and dualsense.
It won’t make you ice cream lol

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

Graphics do look nice so far and I expect them to get better. R and C is a gorgeous game.

I'm happy overall with this round of hardware. 4K, whether it comes from 1440 or not, looks great.

New DS is very impressive, there is a lot of tech packed in

NVMe loading times are one of the biggest upgrades. When I played HZD.i dreaded the load but HFW loads so fast its amazing.

Paulxo87

these games aren't taking advantage of the features yet in total. Demons souls and ratchet you can begin to see how the vision of the totally seamless worlds/games will occur. Sadly we are quite some time away and I believe only sony first parties will truly take advantage.

What older games have it? I just recently got a ps5 (after a 1.4 year wait of trying to get one), and only games I know with it is returnal, demon souls, astrobot, gt7, dying light 2, and gta5.

I really like it on gta5 the road and aiming are great. Returnal uses it to amazing effect too. It's definitely a game changer.
The best dual sense other than astrobot is sackboy but not a lot of people have that game. It's a great game though and looks amazing. On the easier side but harder than something like Kirby. Forbidden West has some nice dual sense. Compliments gameplay well.

Rockman33

such an overrated controller lol. most trigger effects are annoying as hell and like 2 games I played so far actually used them in a good way.
I’m also not in favor of the triggers on the dual sense in all games but returnal.

However the improved haptic rumble is a great addition.

yazenov

Absolutely nothing current gen about Elden Ring PS5/XSX. The improvements are strictly because both consoles have SSD, not because the game is designed to utilize it in any way.
I have A beast gaming PC and SSD. Load times are no where near the level of PS5 due to the technical integrated with the OS or something like that. Its magic and it is next gen.

I'm completely satisfied with the hardware for this generation (well, aside from the Series S that clearly overpromise and massively underdelivered, deflating to think that MS will still be drag the S around years from now). Even on PC you can get a laptop with a RTX 3060 and have a legit premium experience.

What is really holding this gen back is all the crossgen games and supply issues, just terrible timing everywhere.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
You’re only saying that because séries x controller doesn’t have these functions. Nobody is falling for this act.
I kind of hate the PS5 controller. I have not played many games on the system other than 1st party ones. Nothing about the controller stood out at all. I mean it is fine and I enjoyed the games, I just don't think it was better than playing PC games with an Xbox controller. I also don't like the shit battery life.

If these addons are responsible for the cost of the controller then It's not doing Sony any favors. I have chosen not to buy 2 player games on the platform solely because the controller is kind of a ripoff. I got an XSX controller for 45 bucks. Sony wants 75 for a colored one. I am just stubborn that way, but seriously why should I pay 80 bucks to get the option of playing 2 player games on that system when I can instead get a 2 player game on PC? I have kids and their accessory pricing is costing them some potential sales and keeping their system firmly delegated to single player exclusives only.

Rudius

To me the best thing is 60fps, followed by the short loading and Dualsense. I don't care much for high resolutions, as long as the anti aliasing is good.

I kind of hate the PS5 controller. I have not played many games on the system other than 1st party ones. Nothing about the controller stood out at all. I mean it is fine and I enjoyed the games, I just don't think it was better than playing PC games with an Xbox controller. I also don't like the shit battery life.

If these addons are responsible for the cost of the controller then It's not doing Sony any favors. I have chosen not to buy 2 player games on the platform solely because the controller is kind of a ripoff. I got an XSX controller for 45 bucks. Sony wants 75 for a colored one. I am just stubborn that way, but seriously why should I pay 80 bucks to get the option of playing 2 player games on that system when I can instead get a 2 player game on PC? I have kids and their accessory pricing is costing them some potential sales and keeping their system firmly delegated to single player exclusives only.
The real ripoff is the Xbox controller that doesn't even include a rechargeable battery in 2022, it's honestly unbelievable, compared to the DualSense the Xbox controller is streets behind. Sony at the very least is trying, MS just isn't, they are cutting costs on basic features.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned

Ok

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I have A beast gaming PC and SSD. Load times are no where near the level of PS5 due to the technical integrated with the OS or something like that. Its magic and it is next gen.
How slow? Slower than PS4?

It's slow as hell on PS5 compared to Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Returnal, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Ghosts of Tsushima, Death Standing, and Demon's souls.

Next gen doesn't exist at the moment. All we have is current gen and older. It's not current gen.

Top Bottom