• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My First PS5- Help me have the best experience.

Beechos

Be careful with the system horizontally. The system will fall off the base if you breathe on it. Astrobot is a must play its the best game for either next gen system. Im not sure if its still ongoing but there were a bunch of free 1st/3rd party ps4 games for ps5 users in the playstation collection not sure if ps+ is needed for them.

Last edited:

HoofHearted

your first one? Like your first time ??

Umm okay well it’s very girthy so use lots of lube. Go slow … maybe start with something smaller like a pstwo to get stretched out a little first ..🤷‍♂️

5QZqZTe.jpg

ButchCat

I don't think many people are familiar with this feature but you can turn on your PS5 using your mobile Spotify app. It's a nice extra convenience to have op.

Gamerguy84

Rest mode is fine. Been using it since launch day. My ps5 travels up and down to different rooms like every other day and we don't shut it down just unplug it and it does a quick check and repairs when you turn it on. I have games on the ps5 drive, an m2 drive, and a USB ssd for ps4 games. Never once an issue
Be careful with the HDMI output on the PS5. I would even use the same cord and leave it in the back of the PS5 and move it back and forth.

Unless maybe they have stealthy fixed that. I hang out a bit on a console repair forum and a lot of people have said it's a weak point on the console. I've moved mine quite a few times, until I got another one, and have been very careful.

Just a heads up.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

As for more tips for Old_and_Slow Old_and_Slow use the app for Uninstalling and even installing games. It's quite useful.I use the app for a lot of things.

You can watch YouTube on a little PIP while you play a game. It's not an advertised feature but it's there and I've used it.

You can update a game from it's icon on the menu. Highlight it and hit the options button and that will be available.

If you keep your PS4 remote play works great between the two, Hardwired.

Speaking of hardwired, do it if you can. Everything works better.

Esca

Be careful with the HDMI output on the PS5. I would even use the same cord and leave it in the back of the PS5 and move it back and forth.

Unless maybe they have stealthy fixed that. I hang out a bit on a console repair forum and a lot of people have said it's a weak point on the console. I've moved mine quite a few times, until I got another one, and have been very careful.

Just a heads up.
I appreciate the heads up. I did not know that. Good thing I just unplug the cord from the TV from the start or is probably regret that

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Buy an OLED, play everything on quality mode. Fuck all these youtube setting reccomendations - Set the TV to what looks best to your eyes. They are your eyes.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
As for more tips for Old_and_Slow Old_and_Slow use the app for Uninstalling and even installing games. It's quite useful.I use the app for a lot of things.

You can watch YouTube on a little PIP while you play a game. It's not an advertised feature but it's there and I've used it.

You can update a game from it's icon on the menu. Highlight it and hit the options button and that will be available.

If you keep your PS4 remote play works great between the two, Hardwired.

Speaking of hardwired, do it if you can. Everything works better.
I used the app for installs since the PS4 and use it even more for the PS5.

I did not know about the YT thing. Knew about it for the in game guides and when friends are streaming, but the YT thing is dope!!

Edit: tried the YT thing, I guess you have to send the link to yourself via PSN and open it that way?

Last edited:

Shmunter

Just a heads up.
My Son broke the ps4 pro hdmi port by moving it around constantly. One of the pins came loose, subsequently bent and broken. Would bet the PS5 is just as flimsy.

Gamerguy84

I used the app for installs since the PS4 and use it even more for the PS5.

I did not know about the YT thing. Knew about it for the in game guides and when friends are streaming, but the YT thing is dope!!

Edit: tried the YT thing, I guess you have to send the link to yourself via PSN and open it that way?

Yep that's it. They should just put it in a future firmware update.

It also works with twitch and you can watch a sharescreen while playing. This is kind of a cool idea as well for multiplayer.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yep that's it. They should just put it in a future firmware update.

It also works with twitch and you can watch a sharescreen while playing. This is kind of a cool idea as well for multiplayer.

Yeah, buddy just sent me a pic of him watching a Twitch streamer while playing The Show.

Every version of Elden Ring has frame stuttering issues, except for the PS4 version played on PS5 which is a smooth 60.

The graphical differences are negligible, with the PS5 having a bit more grass, but also more pop-in.

Stranger of Paradise, is alright. If you are a fan of Nioh, you know what to expect, but it's not as good as those games. I have strong nostalgia for Final Fantasy, as I played it when it launched as a kid and more times than I can count over the years.
Thanks, I didnt notice fps issues with elden ring on pc. I was playing on a 3060ti @ 1080p and it was a rock solid 60 fps. Also didn't even use 3/4 of my gpu. I'll probably pick it up for ps4/5 after it gets a price drop.

As for stranger I played part of the demo. I too grew up with ff. Dragon Warrior was my first rpg followed by final fantasy 1. Played the rest after that. So I have the nostalgia bug for it too. Did you get the ps4 or ps5 version of that? I can't see them looking any different.

Thanks, I didnt notice fps issues with elden ring on pc. I was playing on a 3060ti @ 1080p and it was a rock solid 60 fps. Also didn't even use 3/4 of my gpu. I'll probably pick it up for ps4/5 after it gets a price drop.

As for stranger I played part of the demo. I too grew up with ff. Dragon Warrior was my first rpg followed by final fantasy 1. Played the rest after that. So I have the nostalgia bug for it too. Did you get the ps4 or ps5 version of that? I can't see them looking any different.
No, I got the PS5 version. Elden Ring is just a special case.

Top Bottom