• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Gamepass sub ends in Feb, are there any new cheap deals?

Fredrik

I’ve bounced around on cheap Gamepass deals for 6 years now. Apparently it’s over soon.

I don’t think the regular price for Ultimate is worth the money. PC Gamepass feels too limited until I get a living room PC. And I’m not going to do Bing searchs or whatever to get ms rewards.

Are there any cheap deals that still works? I looked around but could at most get it down to about $10 per month through 12 month prepaid cards from some shady website.

xrnzaaas

I usually buy cheap monthly subs on Kinguin, because we don't get 1$ monthly trials anymore. The top sellers have 99%+ positive reviews so it should be ok. Just make sure to read the description if it's for your region and is it stackable or not (if you'd like to purchase a sub for more months).

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Look for 3 months of Gold/Core on various sites (CDKeys, Eneba, etc.). If you have a current GPU subscription, those will extend you by 50 days. Prices for those have shot up since Gold was rebranded to GP Core. Cheapest I see out there is $13.31 from a 3rd party on Eneba.

Assuming you are in the US, you could always start doing Microsoft Rewards. You can earn enough points if you spend ~10 minutes per day doing searches and activities.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
follow slickdeals and set an alert up for Gamepass, Gold, Xbox. Thats how i follow any deals coming from there. Get Eneba, Cdkeys etc.

Fredrik

Sub/unsub??

If you are on pc, no need to have it all the time. Just sub and play what you want. Then unsubscribe.
I usually buy cheap monthly subs on Kinguin, because we don't get 1$ monthly trials anymore. The top sellers have 99%+ positive reviews so it should be ok. Just make sure to read the description if it's for your region and is it stackable or not (if you'd like to purchase a sub for more months).
Good idea both of them.

Could try staying out for now and just go with a short PC Gamepass sub when Hellblade 2 comes in May.

ByWatterson

I unsubbed and went with Core. If you buy a code from a retailer like Amazon it's still $60/year, lots of good games plus online play.

Real Gamepass just isn't worth it and Core is plenty. I'd do Core.

xrnzaaas

I unsubbed and went with Core. If you buy a code from a retailer like Amazon it's still $60/year, lots of good games plus online play.

I'd disagree. Core is their worst offering, because you don't get day 1 releases, better third party games or even unique monthly games like when Gold was still around (even if most of them were shit). Imo it's only a good idea if you need to have online and nothing else.

There are ways of buying "full" Game Pass cheaper and you don't have to use VPN or visit some super shady sites to make that happen.

Fredrik

Core is a rip-off imo, not into online gaming and I just want a cheaper way to play more games, and to not overpay for games I might drop early or finish over a couple weeks and never touch again.

Last edited:

ByWatterson

Core is a rip-off imo, not into online gaming and I just want a cheaper way to play more games, and to not overpay for games I might drop early or finish over a couple weeks and never touch again.

Yeah, if not in for online play....I think my advice is to wait for sales. Regular Gamepass just isn't worth it to me.

I’ve bounced around on cheap Gamepass deals for 6 years now. Apparently it’s over soon.

I don’t think the regular price for Ultimate is worth the money. PC Gamepass feels too limited until I get a living room PC. And I’m not going to do Bing searchs or whatever to get ms rewards.

Are there any cheap deals that still works? I looked around but could at most get it down to about $10 per month through 12 month prepaid cards from some shady website.

Just buy the games you really want to play and probably you end up paying less in the end than the Gamepass sub aaaaand you own the games (sort of until MS decides to put the store down).

They really should put some laws into place though that when anyone closes their stores, games bought should be downloadable somewhere for the people who paid for it. It’s incredible that this is not taken care of and ridiculous that when you purchase a product you could actually lose it for whatever reason a company deems fit.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Yeah, if not in for online play....I think my advice is to wait for sales. Regular Gamepass just isn't worth it to me.
I just don’t like waiting, it’s a problem. And I don’t need to own something I’ll play for a week or two. Big chunky games I do buy though, like Starfield which I’ve been playing for nearly 300 hours. But I don’t see a reason to own Hellblade 2 when they’ve already said it’s a shorter game. Gamepass is fantastic for compact story-focused games like that tbh. But the regular price is too high imo, okay when you’re playing something but sucks when you have a down period.

I think I’ll try with a 1 month sub synced with big releases.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I buy 3-month carts on sales like Prime Day/Black Friday. Usually 6 months at a time, and stack to 3 years.

Fredrik

I buy 3-month carts on sales like Prime Day/Black Friday. Usually 6 months at a time, and stack to 3 years.
Does it count like I have a new account for PC Gamepass if I’ve never had that subscription plan before? Probably not but you never know.

simpatico

You could always unsub until it makes sense to sub again. I only do a month at a time and always turn off recurring billing after I pay. I hate dragging subscriptions of anything automatically. Takes 30 seconds to re-up. I do this for all my subs aside from YouTube Premium.

Ozriel

M$FT
I just don’t like waiting, it’s a problem. And I don’t need to own something I’ll play for a week or two. Big chunky games I do buy though, like Starfield which I’ve been playing for nearly 300 hours. But I don’t see a reason to own Hellblade 2 when they’ve already said it’s a shorter game. Gamepass is fantastic for compact story-focused games like that tbh. But the regular price is too high imo, okay when you’re playing something but sucks when you have a down period.

I think I’ll try with a 1 month sub synced with big releases.

Wouldn’t that be Persona 3 Reload, coming next weekend? Or Manor Lords in April?

GP holds a library of games that I play consistently, so subbing/unsubbing has never had any appeal for me. Best plan is probably to find a cheap deal off Eneba or something.

Fredrik

You could always unsub until it makes sense to sub again. I only do a month at a time and always turn off recurring billing after I pay. I hate dragging subscriptions of anything automatically. Takes 30 seconds to re-up. I do this for all my subs aside from YouTube Premium.
Yeah I think I’ll do this. The prepayment cheap deal from EA Play stacking ends in February. I could stay unsubbed till Hellblade 2 arrive in May. Then off until something else comes out that I just want to plow through but likely won’t replay. Once the big ones like Awoved comes out I’ll go with Steam directly. I’ll buy Indy too just because it’s Indy, childhood action hero, can’t wait!

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I buy from a dude on a local forum that sells ultimate codes for around 6.50 a month when you buy 12 months at a time. Probably lots of those guys out there

Fredrik

Wouldn’t that be Persona 3 Reload, coming next weekend? Or Manor Lords in April?

GP holds a library of games that I play consistently, so subbing/unsubbing has never had any appeal for me. Best plan is probably to find a cheap deal off Eneba or something.
Never played a Persona and Manor Lords looks too slow for me, I couldn’t even play Baldur’s Gate 3, fell asleep during combat, so not likely my tyoe of game. I liked Hellblade though so looking forward to the sequel in May.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Pay Me Welcome To GIF by Darendarendaren

zeomax

Do you use game streaming? If not you can buy 3 month regular Gamepass for ~4$ from Eneba (or any other key seller).
Microsoft Rewards is also an option to get it for "free".

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
So is it still possible to buy 3 years of core and have it turn into two years of GPU if you have a current GPU sub?

Weird.
Doesn't sound like GamePass is the best deal in gaming if it's only worth it through cheap tricks to pay as little as possible.
See Ya Goodbye GIF by One Day At A Time

Sleepwalker

If you start doing rewards you can get it for every month over month, I do the rewards when I can be arsed and only redeem gamepass when I want to play something in there, lasts much longer.

Top Bottom