• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Grandma left me money and I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with it.

Little Mac

I'd buy one whole bitcoin (close to the market bottom atm I believe ... I think any price under 20k is attractive), spend 10k paying off debt to avoid future interest payments, and spend the remaining $5k on enjoyment/improving your quality of life. Just me. I'm not a financial advisor.

Pilgrimzero

Pay off Bills. If you have a decent amount left over, invest it/save it.

If you really want to enjoy it a tad, go on a little vacation. Like $5K or less. then save/invest.

Droxcy

If you've been needing an upgrade to one of your hobbies buy it then invest some of it. Other than that you covered it in the first sentence.

scrooge mcduck 80s GIF

season 5 money GIF

The Simpsons Money GIF
Money fight!!!!!

chixdiggit

what did you do with the money chixdiggit chixdiggit
Hey thanks again for all the advice guys. I spent a portion of it paying off a retail property in full. I use it to run a current business already. The rest of it has just been sitting idle in savings (about 20K).
I want to invest it somehow still but at the same time it's pretty nice just having that sit there just in case I need it.
I also still want to do something higher risk if just a small portion of it for fun. Not sure what though.

chromhound

Hey thanks again for all the advice guys. I spent a portion of it paying off a retail property in full. I use it to run a current business already. The rest of it has just been sitting idle in savings (about 20K).
I want to invest it somehow still but at the same time it's pretty nice just having that sit there just in case I need it.
I also still want to do something higher risk if just a small portion of it for fun. Not sure what though.
stock market or crypto

Salz01

I’m glad you are being smart about it. Good on you!

Kagey K

Banned
Keeping with your grandma's philosophy. I wouldn't do anything crazy with the remainder.

Lock half of it into a blue chip investment (bank or etf, even a GIC) so it can make money and hold the other half for emergency.

Just to respect that it was her money and that's what she would have done

Top Bottom