• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My impressions on the FFVII Remake Steam edition

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
You seem to have several issues, either with reading, either with understanding what you're reading or something more severe. Not much point in continuing since i would just be repeating myself and you would continue to not understand a single thing you're reading. I guess you'll need several more sony games performing worse on PC than indie games until it sinks in.
Sure dude, whatever.

yamaci17

Sure dude, whatever.
its really interesting that these people can somehow mutate any topic related to steam/pc into a PC discussion thread. its getting very tiring at this point.

af7QEYb.png

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
its really interesting that these people can somehow mutate any topic related to steam/pc into a PC discussion thread. its getting very tiring at this point.

af7QEYb.png
Yeah I really don't get it. Dude says "PC players don't buy this games because they don't like em" like if he knew every single person playing on PC and what games they like... Anyway, another one for the ignored list, won't be missed.

Reactions: Rea

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What other exclusives ? Every sony game that came out on PC just came and went. Zero of them exploded on PC. Both Horizon and God of War, for console gamers, they were these masterpieces and games of the generation when they were exclusives. 20 million sellers. They were both forgotten in 2 weeks on PC and i sincerely doubt i'll ever see a pc gamer make a list of his best games that include god of war on it or horizon.

At this point, its pretty clear that if a person is a pc gamer, he's a pc gamer because he likes pc games. Thats the reason he plays on PC. He likes either the library of pc games or the manner in which PC lets him play games. So when a console game gets released on PC, there arent that many people who will run to play them. If someone would be super interested in console games, it stands to reason that he would not be a pc gamer, if console games are what interest him.

We already knew this by looking at sale charts since forever, there is almost no overlap between games if you look at a sale chart for PC and consoles.
There is no such thing as a "pc game"
so pc gamers keep playing pc games because they are pc gamers is just stupid bullshit.

maybe they got ps4 too? Maybe many of these "pc gamers" played these games already? Maybe they watched it on youtube and thought "I might as well watch it as I am not buying a ps4 and it's never coming to pc".
And despite all that, the games did extremely good on steam:
Days Gone - 27k peak players. Estimated 1m owners
God of War - 74k peak players. Estimated 1m owners... but I feel i's more
Horizon - 56k peak players. Estimated 2m owners.

So it's not too bad for bunch of old games every pc player watched on yt

Buggy Loop

It’s only #1 global seller, PC gamers are not buying it /s

I bought it for the launch rebate and inevitability I’ll play it. Not installed as I have many things on my plate right now.

DukeNukem00

Banned
so pc gamers keep playing pc games because they are pc gamers is just stupid bullshit.

maybe they got ps4 too? Maybe many of these "pc gamers" played these games already? Maybe they watched it on youtube and thought "I might as well watch it as I am not buying a ps4 and it's never coming to pc".

There is no such thing as a pc game ? You didnt make your quota of pc shiting today and you need to recoup now ? Perhaps the adventure genre being also nick named "point n click" will give you a hint as to what a pc game is. Or the branch of RPG genre being called Computer Role Playing Game, that might be a hint as well.

Again, for the 10th time. These games sold ok, because PC as a platform is such a juggernaut these days that most games sell well, unless its a direct flop. Ubisoft of all publishers was saying 10 years ago that pc gamers are 95% pirates and these days they had 6 month periods where PC was accounting for 30% of their entire sales. Tied with playstation also at 30% and as much as switch and xbox combined, at 14 and 16% each. So, a lot of games will do well on PC, its a premiere platform today.

As i've already said, and for some reason needs repeating, these games were announced with 20 million sales on console and a lot of console gamers were claiming these are spectacular masterpieces and a lot of people claimed god of war to be their favourite game ever. As i've pointed out, even though they did ok on PC, even though nothing spectacular (V Rising did 150K CC, Dying Light did almost 300K, Warhammer 3 did 115K, Elden Ring did 900K, and so on), they just came and went. Out of the discussion in 2 weeks and havent left any mark of any kind.

Like i said, it doesnt seem that pc audiences at large are very interested in cinematic games the sort that sony makes due to the huge discrepancy in sales, awarness and discussions compared to console, among other factors which i already expressed

yamaci17

"every pc player watched on yt" wut? not every pc player do that lol

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

yea, the RTS genre, the MOBA genre, the simulator genre, the city builder genre, the 4x genre.... all figments of my imagination. No such thing as a PC game.

yamaci17

they just came and went. Out of the discussion in 2 weeks and havent left any mark of any kind.

i mean, i'm having a brain freeze here, what the hell this is supposed to mean?

what mark? what do you expect? i dont quite follow. or understand. what is the actual meaning behind leaving any mark? can you please explain?

do you expect people to dwell on a game for years once they're done with them? what's the point of this? i mean what's there to talk about?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
There is no such thing as a pc game ? You didnt make your quota of pc shiting today and you need to recoup now ? Perhaps the adventure genre being also nick named "point n click" will give you a hint as to what a pc game is. Or the branch of RPG genre being called Computer Role Playing Game, that might be a hint as well.

Again, for the 10th time. These games sold ok, because PC as a platform is such a juggernaut these days that most games sell well, unless its a direct flop. Ubisoft of all publishers was saying 10 years ago that pc gamers are 95% pirates and these days they had 6 month periods where PC was accounting for 30% of their entire sales. Tied with playstation also at 30% and as much as switch and xbox combined, at 14 and 16% each. So, a lot of games will do well on PC, its a premiere platform today.

As i've already said, and for some reason needs repeating, these games were announced with 20 million sales on console and a lot of console gamers were claiming these are spectacular masterpieces and a lot of people claimed god of war to be their favourite game ever. As i've pointed out, even though they did ok on PC, even though nothing spectacular (V Rising did 150K CC, Dying Light did almost 300K, Warhammer 3 did 115K, Elden Ring did 900K, and so on), they just came and went. Out of the discussion in 2 weeks and havent left any mark of any kind.
There is no such thing as a pc game. A game is a game. Especially in past 10-15 years.
Sure, maybe in the 90s and early 2000s but barely anymore. And even if a game is exclusive to pc, it doesn't mean it can't be ported to other platforms.
Most games can be released on any platform. be it strategy or adventure game. why not?
Elden Ring did 900k?! IT'S A NEW GAME. People didn't had time to play it on their consoles which they own alongside their computers. People didn't had time to watch it on YouTube.
"every pc player watched on yt" wut? we don't do that lol
you would be surprised how many people do that. Especially games which had 0 chance coming to pc before.

Like i said, it doesnt seem that pc audiences at large are very interested in cinematic games the sort that sony makes due to the huge discrepancy in sales, awarness and discussions compared to console, among other factors which i already expressed
This is just a load of bs. There is nothing to claim "PC PLAYERS" don't like "cinematic" games whatever that means. These "cinematic" games have more gameplay than you think.
This just sounds condescending to console players and games and putting pc gamers on a pedestal.
People play good games. There is no such thing as game not fitting on pc because of your idiotic bulslhit agenda of pc players being too smart to play console games. get the fuck out of here with this shit.
I am not taking that bait

yamaci17

There is no such thing as a pc game. A game is a game. Especially in past 10-15 years.
Sure, maybe in the 90s and early 2000s but barely anymore. And even if a game is exclusive to pc, it doesn't mean it can't be ported to other platforms.
Most games can be released on any platform. be it strategy or adventure game. why not?
Elden Ring did 900k?! IT'S A NEW GAME. People didn't had time to play it on their consoles which they own alongside their computers. People didn't had time to watch it on YouTube.

you would be surprised how many people do that. Especially games which had 0 chance coming to pc before.

This is just a load of bs. There is nothing to claim "PC PLAYERS" don't like "cinematic" games whatever that means. These "cinematic" games have more gameplay than you think.
This just sounds condescending to console players and games and putting pc gamers on a pedestal.
People play good games. There is no such thing as game not fitting on pc because of your idiotic bulslhit agenda of pc players being too smart to play console games. get the fuck out of here with this shit.
he too shits on pc players just like you. he's not putting them on a pedestal. from his warped perspective we are people who don't talk about video games and don't enjoy them. he actually devalues the pc player audience as a whole. have you really not understood this? he thinks that we're dumb people who likes games like v rising and do not appreciate god of war. he sees V rising getting more attention and he classifies PC audience as a general that people who don't appreciate cinematic experiences

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
yea, the RTS genre, the MOBA genre, the simulator genre, the city builder genre, the 4x genre.... all figments of my imagination. No such thing as a PC game.
Of course there are games on pc that are not elsewhere. It's due to controls among other things. But I wouldn't say these games can only be done on pc?
These games could be played on any platform and enjoyed by anyone. It's just control scheme. And some are on many platforms.
And it does not exclude these players liking many other types of games...
The implication that pc players like pc games because of some superiority is artificial

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
he too shits on pc players just like you. he's not putting them on a pedestal. he calls us people who dont talk about video games and enjoy them. he actually devalues the pc player audience as a whole. have you really not understood this? he thinks that we're dumb people who likes games like v rising and do not appreciate god of war. he sees V rising getting more attention and he classifies PC audience as a general that people who don't appreciate cinematic experiences
Sorry, I didn't read the history.
I only responded to this one post which triggered me as you can see :p

yamaci17

Sorry, I didn't read the history.
I only responded to this one post which triggered me as you can see :p
well it is my interpretation. if he didn't meant any of that, he can come forward and clear his name. to me it seemed like he shits on PC folks for not appreciating and talking about these "valuable" games.

"PC gaming is an entirely different audience with different tastes than consoles"

why would anyone classify pc gamers as people do not enjoy games like god of war and last of us2?

there are tons of multiplat games like them that release regularly over the years. and theres a huge audience on PC that plays them. otherwise other AAA games wouldn't be ported to PC. why bother porting, say, AC Unity to PC if the "pc gamer does not like cinematic games"?? he really thinks PS was not porting these games to PC because we had no taste in them? hell no.

what is the logic?? he talks as if god of war and other ps excs are the only ones that exists in their respective fields (cinematic, narrative driven TPS games). that's peak arrogancy.

isn't witcher 3 a cinematic narrative driven game? it saw a huge success on PC. then it means that "PC" folk have a taste in games that tells a great story. same for RDR 2. same for cyberpunk. same for mass effect games. same for tomb raider series. same for max payne games. same for any gta game. how about batman arkham games? I HAVE TONS of PC only friends that absolutely enjoy these series. why would they not enjoy god of war? they did. they bought the game, played it, and moved on. most of them would put GoW very high on their list. yet he says this;

" i sincerely doubt i'll ever see a pc gamer make a list of his best games that include god of war on it or horizon."

all I see here is that he claims PC dumbs can somehow not appreciate greatness when they see it. what else I could understand? gow is a succesful game with a 94 metacritic score.

Last edited:

yamaci17

"you would be surprised how many people do that. Especially games which had 0 chance coming to pc before.

huge mistake on their part then lol. almost none of my pc friends do that. i guess we have different pc friend environments. i was in talks with at least 6 different pc friends of mine who played god of war for the first time ever on PC, and none of them were spoiled in any form or shape (not like there's anything to spoil in god of war, since the story goes nowhere lol)

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Games are not ported to other platforms for many reasons.
Civ VI is even on a console...
Anyway - I don't think you understand what I meant....

"There is no such thing as PC game" - rofif

It's just more nonsense from you in yet another PC thread.

Ryu Kaiba

After PS4 I held out on buying these games again on Epic simply because I wanted them on Steam.
The game had a few hiccups at the beginning but started running fine.
The lighting and texture quality is stunning. Square did a masterful job.
4k 120fps 3080Ti, AMD 5600x 32gb ram, gigabyte B550i, Samsung 970 evo M.2

Ryu Kaiba

Anyone else find it weird that it didnt explode on Steam like most other exclusives? Right now shows 11,000 active players but I would have easily said it would be peak close to 100k. No big deal, just found that interesting.
Such is the cost of taking exclusivity deals with every tom, dick, and Andy that wants one. I wonder if square truly understands the costs of stifling big releases like this with these timed exclusives deals. You lose potential sales on other platforms, you lose sales to pirates, you lose sales to streamers and youtubers, you lose audience reach and growth. Unless Sony's cutting insane checks I think Square is harming themselves more than helping.

SZips

I've played up to right near the end of Chapter 3 so far and I've been having a fairly good time. It's sure as hell WAY better playing this on PC now compared to when I played through it partway my OG PlayStation 4. The bump in resolution, framerate, and textures have been really nice to see.

It runs mostly well on 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, SATA based SSD, AMD 5900X CPU, and a 1080 Ti at 1440p and capped in-game at 90fps (it can do 120 but not as reliably as I'd like). All "max" in-game settings: It stays near 90fps fairly consistently, but there are some hiccups. I am running in DX11. I didn't even bother trying DX12 before launching due to the many issues I've heard about.

I do sometimes see some framerate dips/hitches periodically. I noticed them most when I was running around doing sidequests in Chapter 3. It's not major and I haven't noticed it during important gameplay segments yet, but they are there.

I did disable the game's dynamic resolution already. I also just installed this mod but haven't tested it out yet: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/66

I'm not sure if moving the game to my NVMe drive will help, but I may try that next to get the smoothest experience possible if the above mod doesn't smooth out those last few remaining issues. I may also disable the in-game framerate cap and try capping it via the Nvidia control panel as some say that helps out a bit too.

DukeNukem00

Banned

You really doubled down on this nonsense, huh ? Of course there are PC games. Entire genres, which were born on PC. INVENTED on PC. Making them PC Games. And a certain specific type of gamedesign that makes them PC. It doesnt matter if some get ported on consoles or if they apear on consoles at the same time. It would make them a PC style game, apearing on consoles. You're really outdoing yourself in the horseshit department today. And thats a tall order considering youre one of the top clowns on this forum. You can even read older reviews, like this Morowind one for Xbox, and they are glad that "PC Games" are coming to a console and are offering a new flavour of gameplay that didnt exist until then:

"Role-playing games have always been a weak spot with gaming consoles. They have a history of taking forever to appear on a new console and those that do are usually terribly linear. While a nicely packaged story is always a good thing, a linear game is still somewhat limiting no matter how well written the underlying plot happens to be. In fact, linearity has been one of the major complaints out of the Final Fantasy camp as of late.

PC gamers have had the luxury of true role-playing games for years. From the Gold Box Dungeons and Dragons games to the expansive worlds of recent releases like Neverwinter Nights, PC games have pushed the open-ended style of role-playing and avoided the console-role-playing style. Console gamers on the other hand have been left out in the cold -- until now. Bethesda's Morrowind is now available on an Xbox near you and"

Horizon and God of War are also new games. For the PC platform. And why are you stuck on Elden Ring ? I gave you other examples if ER seems too extreme. Since you seem to continuously miss the point, ill lay it out again - the discrepancy is too severe compared to how the games did on playstation for us to conclude that PC audiences care very much about them.

You really went off the rails here. Nowhere was i saying the stuff you understood, but you must be on a new level of insecure if everything you understood is how inferior you are as a human being because you play on playstation. Relax. It's about taste and preference. Some guy from reera posted not long ago some top pc games from a finish magazine, Pelit, made by their readers. And it looked like this:

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
UFO: Enemy Unknown
Fallout 2
Baldur's Gate 2
Dark Souls
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Final Fantasy VII
Deus Ex
World of Warcraft
Doom (1993)
Jagged Alliance 2
Half-Life 2
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
Half-Life
Star Control II
Sid Meier's Civilization II
Planescape: Torment

Outside of Witcher 3 and Dark Souls you would NEVER see these titles from a console gamer. Make a thread about the best games here and there would be the typical mario or naughty dog selection. When im noting that PC and consoles playerbases are 100% different than each other, im using choices such as these. Im using NPD lists of monthly game sales which have zero overlaping games between pc and console. Im using steams most played games which are 100% different than the most played games on consoles. Im using the poor performance of every playstation game released on PC relative to its performance on playstation.

So what hard data are you using to back up your claims, other than being emotional and inventing shit out of thin air to support you fabrications because you dont like the reality ?

Last edited:

Otre

Banned
Yall gotta shit up the thread with PC vs PS bullshit when the real gold is from nexusmods. Shame. Just make an account and all the adult stuff comes true.

Tifa.jpg

997-1654684374-1539670318.png

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You really doubled down on this nonsense, huh ? Of course there are PC games. Entire genres, which were born on PC. INVENTED on PC. Making them PC Games. And a certain specific type of gamedesign that makes them PC. It doesnt matter if some get ported on consoles or if they apear on consoles at the same time. It would make them a PC style game, apearing on consoles. You're really outdoing yourself in the horseshit department today. And thats a tall order considering youre one of the top clowns on this forum. You can even read older reviews, like this Morowind one for Xbox, and they are glad that "PC Games" are coming to a console and are offering a new flavour of gameplay that didnt exist until then:

"Role-playing games have always been a weak spot with gaming consoles. They have a history of taking forever to appear on a new console and those that do are usually terribly linear. While a nicely packaged story is always a good thing, a linear game is still somewhat limiting no matter how well written the underlying plot happens to be. In fact, linearity has been one of the major complaints out of the Final Fantasy camp as of late.

PC gamers have had the luxury of true role-playing games for years. From the Gold Box Dungeons and Dragons games to the expansive worlds of recent releases like Neverwinter Nights, PC games have pushed the open-ended style of role-playing and avoided the console-role-playing style. Console gamers on the other hand have been left out in the cold -- until now. Bethesda's Morrowind is now available on an Xbox near you and"

Horizon and God of War are also new games. For the PC platform. And why are you stuck on Elden Ring ? I gave you other examples if ER seems too extreme. Since you seem to continuously miss the point, ill lay it out again - the discrepancy is too severe compared to how the games did on playstation for us to conclude that PC audiences care very much about them.

You really went off the rails here. Nowhere was i saying the stuff you understood, but you must be on a new level of insecure if everything you understood is how inferior you are as a human being because you play on playstation. Relax. It's about taste and preference. Some guy from reera posted not long ago some top pc games from a finish magazine, Pelit, made by their readers. And it looked like this:

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
UFO: Enemy Unknown
Fallout 2
Baldur's Gate 2
Dark Souls
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Final Fantasy VII
Deus Ex
World of Warcraft
Doom (1993)
Jagged Alliance 2
Half-Life 2
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
Half-Life
Star Control II
Sid Meier's Civilization II
Planescape: Torment

Outside of Witcher 3 and Dark Souls you would NEVER see these titles from a console gamer. Make a thread about the best games here and there would be the typical mario or naughty dog selection. When im noting that PC and consoles playerbases are 100% different than each other, im using choices such as these. Im using NPD lists of monthly game sales which have zero overlaping games between pc and console. Im using steams most played games which are 100% different than the most played games on consoles. Im using the poor performance of every playstation game released on PC relative to its performance on playstation.

So what hard data are you using to back up your claims, other than being emotional and inventing shit out of thin air to support you fabrications because you dont like the reality ?
This went way over your head….
I know morrowind was better on pc. Dude I put 100 hours into it as a kid. It was different times.
Think what you want. There is no point if you continue with your “pc gamers have better taste."
That’s all there is to it so I cannot continue this idiotic conversation. You Are just wrong and I am not continuing this.
If you can’t imagine why 2 or 3yo games get less steam numbers than new multi platform releases, then you really don’t want to understand. It’s not because of some imaginary taste…. Pc got games like this forever too.
People own more than just a pc. People have friends with consoles. People see the game on twitch or yt. The game is spoiled. Or simply the hype is gone on 3yo game.

DukeNukem00

Banned
This went way over your head….
I know morrowind was better on pc. Dude I put 100 hours into it as a kid. It was different times.
Think what you want. There is no point if you continue with your “pc gamers have better taste."
That’s all there is to it so I cannot continue this idiotic conversation. You Are just wrong and I am not continuing this.
If you can’t imagine why 2 or 3yo games get less steam numbers than new multi platform releases, then you really don’t want to understand. It’s not because of some imaginary taste…. Pc got games like this forever too.
People own more than just a pc. People have friends with consoles. People see the game on twitch or yt. The game is spoiled. Or simply the hype is gone on 3yo game.

No, it didnt went over my head. It went completely over yours. You have no fucking idea what im saying and what youre replying to. Best to just leave it, because not only do you not understand a fucking thing thats being said, you continue to be insecure about consoles for some reason, when nobody is docking consoles over here. Just continue being your usual clown and shit daily on pc, leave more indepth discussions for others

Last edited:

Tomeru

"you would be surprised how many people do that. Especially games which had 0 chance coming to pc before.

huge mistake on their part then lol. almost none of my pc friends do that. i guess we have different pc friend environments. i was in talks with at least 6 different pc friends of mine who played god of war for the first time ever on PC, and none of them were spoiled in any form or shape (not like there's anything to spoil in god of war, since the story goes nowhere lol)

Ryu Kaiba

No, it didnt went over my head. It went completely over yours. You have no fucking idea what im saying and what youre replying to. Best to just leave it, because not only do you not understand a fucking thing thats being said, you continue to be insecure about consoles for some reason, when nobody is docking consoles over here. Just continue being your usual clown and shit daily on pc, leave more indepth discussions for others
Your argument is braindead and illogical. Just because you seemingly only like playing specific styles of game one specific way doesn't mean it applies to everyone else. rofif rofif is correct, the characteristics we once used to define a game as a "PC game" have mostly eroded away. There are of course still games that can be called PC games for the mere fact that they're only on PC or games that are best played on PC, but that doesn't change the fact that games of all kinds are enjoyed on all platforms by all kinds of people.

Last edited:

DukeNukem00

Banned
Your argument is braindead and illogical. Just because you seemingly only like playing specific styles of game one specific way doesn't mean it applies to everyone else. rofif rofif is correct, the characteristics we once used to define a game as a "PC game" have mostly eroded away. There are of course still games that can be called PC games for the mere fact that they're only on PC or games that are best played on PC, but that doesn't change the fact that games of all kinds are enjoyed on all platforms by all kinds of people.

Another one. Some of you guys really like to advertise the low level of comprehension you have. The reality remains that multiple points of hard data support my statements. The reason im saying them is because ive read the data points, its not that i just felt like saying them. The initial guy wondered why this massive game on console wasnt moving the needle on PC. And i responded why, according to data points. You guys got upset for some reason or another and are inventing bullshit out of thin air to support your nonsense claims that cant be backed by real life data.

Madflavor

I played the shit outta the base game and it was my GotY for 2020. Goddamn I love this game. I've yet to play Integrade though. I think I might hold off til next year to see the release plan for FFVII: Rebirth. If there's no Day 1 PC release, I'll probably just buy Integrade for PS5, because I'm assuming there's gonna be some sort of save file carry over feature.

Celcius

°Temp. member

In the latest DF Direct they talk about the stuttering of the PC port^^
They mention that there's a rumor that a new nvidia driver fixed it at some point but they went back and retested it and got the same results

Yamisan

Okay, so I never played the PS5 version of FFVII Remake, or the Epic Store version (because I had heard it's bugged and glitched to Seventh Heaven), but I bought the Steam version the day it was up, and am playing the game once more, in much better hardware than the PS4 ever was.

So, I'm playing the game on a CPU i7-9700K on a Aorus Pro Z390 motherboard (or was it Z690?) and most importantly, on a 2080Ti. The game's installed on a Samsung 970 Evo Plus NvMe. 32GB of RAM on my PC. On the game's settings, I am playing at 4K/60 fps.

First of all, it's amazing how much the game takes advantage of the SSD. Unlike FFXV which takes quite a few seconds to load the Title Screen and another 6-10 seconds to load a save, FFVII Remake has you playing around fifteen seconds after running the EXE file on your Steam menu.

The graphics are amazing, and the textures look gorgeous. The improvements from the PS4 version's shitty backgrounds are phenomenal, and while the NPCs still do not look like the main characters, they sure as heck don't look like they belong on a PS2 game. Excellent use of lighting and shadows as well.

As for the infamous frame-drops / stuttering, I have yet to experience frame drops, although I haven't progressed much into the game. I'm at the part where Cloud gets up in the morning in his apartment, meets his landlady and returns to 7th Heaven to meet up with Tifa for the water filter side quest (I heard the problems are on the chapters where you meet Aerith in the church). I think I *did* notice some stuttering in the beginning of the game, when a cutscene was about to transition to gameplay, but it's just one hiccup that last(s/ed) half a second. Definitely NOT something game-breaking.

Have yet to face any kind of audio bugs/glitches.

So, for me, in terms of a port quality, the Steam version is a solid 9.5 out of 10. For those who only played the PS4 version and have yet to experience a next-gen edition, if you have at LEAST the hardware specs I do, I recommend buying this game if you want a better edition.

What is everyone else's experiences with the Steam version?
Load times sound so damn slow after playing it on ps5.

Rykan

What other exclusives ? Every sony game that came out on PC just came and went. Zero of them exploded on PC. Both Horizon and God of War, for console gamers, they were these masterpieces and games of the generation when they were exclusives. 20 million sellers. They were both forgotten in 2 weeks on PC and i sincerely doubt i'll ever see a pc gamer make a list of his best games that include god of war on it or horizon.

At this point, its pretty clear that if a person is a pc gamer, he's a pc gamer because he likes pc games. Thats the reason he plays on PC. He likes either the library of pc games or the manner in which PC lets him play games. So when a console game gets released on PC, there arent that many people who will run to play them. If someone would be super interested in console games, it stands to reason that he would not be a pc gamer, if console games are what interest him.

We already knew this by looking at sale charts since forever, there is almost no overlap between games if you look at a sale chart for PC and consoles.
This goes by the assumption that a significant amount of people are ONLY PC gamers. God of War came out about 2 years after the console release. Horizon: Zero dawn came out 3 years after its initial release. At that point, it doesn't matter how good the game is. The hype is over and, since a fairly large amount of PC gamers probably do own one of the 100m+ PS4's sold, they most likely already own it.

Look at Elden Ring. That game is primarily a console franchise and release day & date on PC. It certainly blew up when it was released on PC. Look at Monster Hunter World: That game came out like half a year after its console debut and that certainly blew up on PC. All this shows is that releasing a game 2 or 3 years after its original release isn't going to do you any favors on PC, but that doesn't mean there is no interest in it. Consoles and PC are more similar than ever before when it comes to games being played. Sure some genres are still played almost exclusively on one platform (like RTS games) but the most popular games on both platforms are fairly similar: Minecraft, Warzone, Fortnite, Apex Legends.
But Elden Ring doesnt have anything to do with the subject at hand. People who own both a console and a PC are small minority. There are entire countries, continents where PC was and is near exclusive. Its literally that simple, like i said.
Those countries are completely irrelevant to this discussion. The countries where PC is near exclusives are countries like China, Vietnam, Russia and Eastern Europe. There is a reason why they focus on PC: It's because they play primarily free to play games and they pirate singleplayer games. The only country I can think of that doesn't have this problem is South Korea.

Last edited:

Cryio

"The port issues" were greatly exaggerated. I usually agree with Alex from DF, but he had quite an insane take on FF7R, even calling it "one of the worst releases in recent memory", but called the God of War port superb, a port with no exclusive Fullscreen and a game that was (and still is, though in a somewhat lesser capacity) CPU bound to all hell on both Nvidia and AMD (though significantly so more on AMD).

There are no frame drops with FF7R. Arguably the dynamic resolution implementation is so superb, you barely see the adjustment and performance is amazing across the stack on a wide range of GPUs. Even the DX12 shader stuttering has been greatly exaggerated.

Fredrik

Yeah I agree on this. God of War is quite possibly my favorite Sony game. I still never bought it on Steam. It’s a 2018 game, been there, done that. I rather wait for Ragnarök if I want more GOW.

But never underestimate the couch factor. I know some have their PC in the living room and sit in a couch, but I don’t. That’s a big reason why I rather play certain games on console.

Does that mean that there are PC and console games?
Yeah I think so, games better played with mouse and keyboard are PC games for me, games better played with a controller are console games.

I would’ve played Elden Ring on console too if the performance was better but I can’t deal with framerate issues so I went with the PC release which was 99.9% locked at 60fps for me, plus I could play it bed with Steam Deck.

As for FF7RI. Already playing it on PS5. Tifa mods would be interesting but I’m not wasting more money on this janky third person action game. Should’ve made it properly turn-based. The visuals and cinematics are nice and the nostalgia can be quite intense at times but all in all I just don’t like the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom