• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Sweet Girl

Narasumas

Maybe I shouldn’t post this. I’m honestly not sure why I am. Maybe I just need to air this one out.

My best friend for 11 years 8 months and 11 days just passed away in my arms this morning at 6:05. Her name was Sadie Belle and she was a beautiful, loving and funny little chocolate lab girl.

Everyone make sure to give your dog or other pet a good hug today. You never know when time is nearing its expiration.

I don’t remember the quote, or even if it is a real quote for that matter but one of my favorite quotes for my whole life has been “I wish I could be half the person my dog thinks I am”. Funny, looking back it’s almost the other way around. I wish I could embody more of the traits she lived up to on a daily basis and live life in such a loving or carefree way like she did.

I don’t post on here often, but just needed to get one off my chest. Thanks for letting me take up some bandwidth. Love ya Sadie. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

INC

Theres few times in my life, that I've experienced true devastating heart break, and let out a prime sadness sound. And the worst was losing our last dog hunni (staffie cross mut)

Its horrific, and stays with you

But, that feeling pales in comparison to the other feelings we got in return from our last pup. So its a pain worth suffering in my mind

Feel for ya x

Last edited:

Narasumas

Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words. I know things couldn’t really have been much better in the scheme of things…but the loss in of itself is just hard and I know it’ll hit me even harder in the days to come.

INC INC I know that joy she brought me will live and carry through into a new pup at some point. Maybe I’ll take this opportunity to sort a few things out in my life before I raise another lab again. I do think I need to take some time off though.

I feel like it’s weird to say this, or maybe it is for some people…but she genuinely made me a better person in the scheme of things.

cormack12

Gold Member
My cat was in vets last night. Small, helpless and they can't understand so it really tugs at you sadly.

I don't think there's anything you can really say except time is the greatest healer and the feeling you have today will eventually be replaced with the fonder memories in the back of your mind

Rival

Gold Member
My dog died in my arms a couple years ago and it was the saddest I’ve ever been. He was so helpless and there was nothing I could do except hold him and tell him that I loved him. Sorry for you loss. Losing your pet sucks.

Cravis

So sorry for your loss.

Hang in there. The pain in your heart will eventually subside and she will live on forever in your memories. It will get easier.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
so sorry for ur loss

7HpL9Eu.jpg

I’m sorry for your loss.. there’s nothing worse than losing a pet. They love you and expect nothing but love in return, and maybe not even that, they love you anyway..
Cherish the wonderful memories you had with her. Know that she’s running around in doggy heaven and she will always be there with you in your heart ❤️

That’s one of the reasons I’ve never had a pet, because I couldn’t face the thought of losing them, especially when they don’t exist as long as we do. They say it’s better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all, but in the words of Agent K: “try it”.

cormack12

Gold Member
That’s one of the reasons I’ve never had a pet, because I couldn’t face the thought of losing them, especially when they don’t exist as long as we do. They say it’s better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all, but in the words of Agent K: “try it”.

You have to have a different mind set with a pet specifically for this. Your job as a responsible owner is basically to bring them to their life expectancy as healthy and well looked after as you can. Just makes it easier to deal with mentally.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Each passing day I'm aware of this very unfortunate fate we share my friend.. I'm more grateful every day for this very reason. This bond we have is so special it can not be put into words, and that's fine.. My sincere sympathies my friend..

Davey Cakes

RIP Sadie. Losing a pet is one of the hardest things you'll ever go through. Our pups and kits are so special. Their unconditional love is felt every day. When they’re gone it’s like a giant hole is left behind. Stay strong, and always remember the good times.

I still cry about my cat that passed away almost a year ago. He was such a good friend and gave me a lot of emotional support. The month before my family had to put him down, he embraced me in a way he never had before. It was so great.

Last edited:

Narasumas

Just woke up after sleeping most the day away since I was up with her all of last night. I just want to say thank you to all of you for the kind words. It does actually mean a lot to me at this moment. She was with me almost everyday since I was 19 (31 now), so it will definitely take time to adjust. Thanks GAF. There are some good people on this place. Part of this helps with that transition. Thank you all.

Narasumas

^^^ thought I could just share directly from my camera roll…but it’s not working. Just uploaded one of her from our Ft Myers vacation last year. Nothing I loved better than seeing her sit and just “sniff the wind”.
Really not sure how to share images on here, so here’s a link of her I just uploaded somewhere.

^^^ thought I could just share directly from my camera roll…but it’s not working. Just uploaded one of her from our Ft Myers vacation last year. Nothing I loved better than seeing her sit and just “sniff the wind”.
Really not sure how to share images on here, so here’s a link of her I just uploaded somewhere.

My sincerest condolences she was a good looking dog. Try and think of humorous moments you had with Sadie Belle when you start to get overwhelmed.

I've lost a fare amount of pets over the years to either poor health or old age and I'll never forget there individual personalities. Absolutely gutting feeling which never gets easier. ☹

Last edited:

raduque

I'm sorry for your loss OP. I lost my 22 year old cat in 2017 (she died in my arms as I was waiting for the euthanasia tech), and had to put down my 14 year old lab mix last December due to cancer. We got a new kitten, quite by accident (literally, almost stepped on a feral stray) in September of last year and she died alone at the vets just last month after her spay surgery. That one really hurt, because she came into our lives just when we needed her.

I hate this thread.

Tschumi

I've never gone through this, i can't give any perspective.. I'm sorry for your loss.. i have friends who have had a Bouvier for each of the 20-odd years I've known them, they love them all to bits and when one passes they quickly find a new one.. they're always rescues or the like, the mum trains them really expertly and they become like a third kid.. seems like a healthy way to do it.

I don't know if that's the way you'd want to go, but consider it, you might make life better for one of Sadie Belle's cousins

Loope

Damn, this thread just made me all scared. My 7 year old dog, has some problem in his jaw where he just whines when he tries to eat. It's almost one month and a half and it's either this or that. We will bring him today to a new vet to get a 2nd opinion and see if he manages to find what's wrong with him. I'm scared shitless to be honest. He's always around me everytime, where i go he goes, he is a very good friend and helped me and my wife through some difficult shit.

I'm very sorry for your loss OP, you did good towards your dog and the world would be a better place if all dog owners were like you.

Blade2.0

it sucks man. Lost both my cats in December of last year. Still think about them everyday. I have two new kitties, now but they aren't the same and it's been an adjustment. My kitty from before I had got in China and he was probably the best cat of my life. Just had so much personality. Miss the little guy everyday. I may have gotten my new kitties a little too early, I do love them to bits but I'm still not over the loss of that one cat.

Last edited:

INC

Part of the reward is being with them at the end, so they knew til the last moment they were loved. The sadness is the purest expression of that bond and love, what makes it real. There's very few things in life that compare to experiencing that, that bond

Setzer

I'm sorry for your loss, OP.

I'm dreading the day with my pit. She just turned 5 this year but developed a seizure disorder a couple years ago. She's on meds daily for it which ended up causing her to have pancreas issues. I've already had several close calls with her in the past year where I thought I was going to have to put her down. Fortunately she's been doing fine for the past few months but emotionally it's something I've tried to prepare myself for. Fucking sucks.

INC

I'm sorry for your loss, OP.

I'm dreading the day with my pit. She just turned 5 this year but developed a seizure disorder a couple years ago. She's on meds daily for it which ended up causing her to have pancreas issues. I've already had several close calls with her in the past year where I thought I was going to have to put her down. Fortunately she's been doing fine for the past few months but emotionally it's something I've tried to prepare myself for. Fucking sucks.

Got a pic? I love the bully breed, I have a staffie atm (sherlock)

Honestly I'd never have another breed of dog, they're fantastic

poodaddy

Sure do...

P8Gui4P.jpeg
Look at that face. That's a give me anything face. Gorgeous animal.

I'm sorry OP. Genuine tears for ya over here brother. For what it's worth I can empathize in big ways. I've had to say goodbye to many of my furry friends in my life, always been a huge animal. It always hurts, never really stops, but you eventually remember the times you had with them and the pure love and joy more than the pain, but it does take a while to get there.

I've currently got two cats and a lovely Shiba Inu/Labrador/Boxer mix who makes this house a home for my daughter and wife. Sometimes I have to remind myself that she won't always be with us, and the thought is just so incredibly sobering.

Death is bullshit.

Top Bottom