• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My take on The Matrix Ressurections. (This thread is Spoilers made flesh)

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
They used Jefferson Airplane White Rabbit song, its the only redeeming quality

Hell yes. I think that, and the intro music for the title drop that they've had in every movie so far were the only standouts for music. Aside from that Wake Up cover, but that stood out for the wrong reason. I feel like she was pissing in MY mouth.

BizzyBum

I still consider myself a big Matrix fan. Loved all 3 movies, the Animatrix, even the games (spent thousands of hours playing The Matrix Online).

I came away from my initial viewing of this movie very disappointed after going in completely dark not spoiling myself on anything. Some scattered thoughts:

- The first act is just weird. I mean, the entire movie is very weird, but this sort of meta commentary and visualization call backs were just not for me. It actually almost felt like a satire or parody of The Matrix, even.​

- One of the safest bets I had for this movie was getting incredible action sequences and fight choreography, and man, this was probably my biggest disappointment, I think. They were just... not that good. The fight sequences were dull and uninspired which is crazy to me when you consider what can be done within the rules of The Matrix. The final chase sequence was probably the highlight but even that left me yearning for more. What happened to all the incredible action scenes and fight choreography we got in the past films? Neo vs. Smith, The rescue of Morpheus, Smith army, Chateau fight scene, highway chase, Smith vs. Morpheus, etc. were all far, far better.​

- Returning characters were definitely misses rather than hits for me. I honestly didn't hate Niobe as much as others seem to, though her actions are definitely weird but that's the script's fault. How does Neo not ask Niobe what happened to Morpheus when they were talking? The assumption is he died of old age, I guess? Not saying The Matrix Online is canon, but in that game Morpheus died in the Matrix to a Merovingian assassin. Speaking of The Merovingian, his return was a flat out crime, what an absolute waste. Sati out of nowhere. Smith being relegated to a hipster CEO. None of this worked for me. More on Morpheus/Smith/Merv next.​

- Not having Fishburne or Weaving come back to reprise Morpheus/Smith was a huge blow. The actor playing nu-Morpheus wasn't bad per say just my issues with how he was told to portray him was off, that's more on Lana Wachowski's direction more than the actor. I absolutely HATED the new Smith. A huge swing and a miss for me, but trying to live up to Hugo Weaving was a failed endeavor from the very start.​

- What a huge fucking waste bringing Lambert Wilson back for that small Merovingian scene. Dude is rambling in the background looking like he just escaped Jumanji while an awful fight scene with Exiles is happening. Just UGH​

- None of the new cast had any sort of characterization or a semblance of character development. They were just a new crew to get the plot going, and you couldn't care less about any of them by the end.​

- Heavily disliked the way they handled the bot swarms in the Matrix. Reminded me too much from some zombie movie or something.​

- Heavily disliked losing the iconic look and presence of Agents in favor of having them be "coated to look like normal people" now. Horrible decision.​

There were a few good ideas or things I did enjoy, at least:

+ The "new" Morpheus being Neo's model creation that combined aspects of Morpheus/Smith for his game being extracted and put on the crew to get Neo that extra kick to take the Red Pill again was a neat concept I must admit. (But, he wasn't really utilized all too well. His personality and mannerisms didn't mimic either Morpheus or Smith which is what his code was based off of which I thought was weird)​

+ I liked seeing the human/machine cooperation in IO and the nanite technology that gave machines/programs like Morpheus a physical, human form in the real world. The human/machine cooperation seemed like a natural outcome from Neo's choice in Revolutions so it was cool to see his actions bared fruit. (figuratively and literally with the strawberry scene)​

+ It touched on a machine vs. machine civil war which would have been fascinating to devote more time to but was only briefly mentioned for some reason.​

+ Neo's revival at the hands of the machines did actually look pretty raw and visceral. That sequence was actually done pretty well.​

So yeah, overall while it had some cool ideas and visuals it just wasn't all there for me. Perhaps part of it was waiting 18 years for more Matrix, so in the end I suppose the hype could never justify what we got. IMHO, I feel they should have just wiped the slate clean entirely and just told us a brand new story that had nothing to do with Neo or Trinity but I guess they needed big names and returning favorites to get the buzz going.

If WB decides to continue the franchise it needs a completely fresh start from a director / visionary who understands it and treats it like a passion project which Lana clearly lost for it decades ago and is made pretty evident with the outcome of this film.

Patrick S.

Banned
Just saw this yesterday. I loved the beginning of the movie, but it fell apart for me around the time of the fight scene where the Merovingian showed up in his trash tutu. I though I was suddenly watching Steven Spielberg's Hook. The action scenes are forgettable, Trinity doesn't seem to do anything at all except cover behind Neo. I can't remember a single song from the movie. Nyobe was shit. Like, everything about her was shit. Her makeup, her voice, her hair.... bah. The antagonist was extremely stupid, seemed to come out of a Batman game. And why did Smith show up and team up with Neo for like ten seconds? And why is Morpheus a buffoon now? And why do the new robots look like something out of the Wizard of Oz?

4/10 from me.

Bennettt2

i think i enjoyed this.

Surprisingly perceptive on the experiences of mental illness (in the first half), which I connected with, and the expositional scenes were welcome.

However, after almost 20 years of waiting, some of the comedic moments did not land for me, and felt inappropriate,. Smith and Morpheus come to mind. I guess I expected Smith to be more threatening and Morpheus to have more ... presence, passion, and, well, relevance.

Lana said she couldn't imitate her own work coz everyone else had been doing that, so she felt she had to spice things up with other elements e.g. the heckling Merovingian. I loved the action in the original trilogy, esp. Reloaded, and thought this was a missed opportunity to finally outdo imo one of the greatest action sequences of all time, the freeway chase from Reloaded, which i think is within Lana's ability to improve upon.

Fingers crossed i'll see that in Matrix 5.

despite all this, overall, it still felt to me Matrixy enough in terms of themes - love, destiny, and inevitability (among other high concepts) - for me to enjoy. good film for a Matrix fan, probably not for others imo.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
that's straight up magic mumbo jumbo (at the end of the trilogy neo does some stuff to in the real world, but as far as i remember they are always done regarding control of the machines, not actual magic)
Not sure there's much distinction there - all of it is dumb techno/magic-babble. Human brain 'remote-controlling' machines is literal magic(or X-men power - but scant difference). Software magically transporting itself into and taking over a human brain in real-world. Software rebooting a human heart, human-brain(soul?) remote-plugging into matrix limbo etc.
We can take alternate explanations like 'there is no real world, it's all layers of simulation' - but those would work for power-generation-shenanigans too.
And the same scene that delivers emotions/power source speech, also shows flashbacks of literal resurrection.

also still the case seemed to be of neo specifically being an exceptional battery even in that regard, which makes no sense, he is not able to suffer , hate or love any mpore than any other human being.
I went back and rewatched the scene, while the 'power = emotion' is left slightly ambiguous (he simply states that he breaks productivity records because humans are constantly suffering). For Neo/Trinity he just states they are the model - the constant yearning for what's just out of reach, perpetual dream of suffering, which entire population accepts as their default state and remains pacified. No mention of power, batteries or anything of the sort - but lots of not very subtle allusions that it's the state of majority population in today's world.

also, now that i thnk about it (hell the more i think about the movie the less sense it makes)...how the hell just seeing Neo woke up Bugs? what actually happened the time he attempted suicide? in the scene as it is depicted he is pretty much about to fall yet he is still alive...and the editng makes it look like it happened during the game awards, so he was already the multidecorated programmer of the matrix(games) trilogy..so what actually happened that day?
Originally I thought this would have been part of the plot-thread of Neo seeing the psychiatrist in the first place, but that got dropped pretty fast. Taking the plot more at face-value (which I don't like - but let's run with it) it may just be implying most of those memories were implanted. They needed Neo to believe he was in treatment for attempted suicide etc, so they planted those things, along with the rest of his life-background (and Trinity's obviously).
All Matrix movies hinted at this being a possibility but never explicitly showed doing it (Cypher originally negotiated for it - but it's left ambiguous whether machines 'can' do that or Smith just lied to him to get his part of the deal).

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Watched it last night, dunno what the consensus here or elsewhere is but it was fucking awful.

If the Wachowskis intentionally tanked their movie to stick a finger up at Warner Bros. then it worked, but I don't think that's the case.

CGiRanger

Banned

Gender studies graduate :messenger_beaming:

After this the Wachowski's are clearly one-hit-wonders who got lucky with the Matrix 1 and took too much credit for it. The success of that film is likely a great blend of ingredients that the film team made with great direction and fight choreography (by Yuen Woo-ping). Not to mention their script of the original was super on-the-nose referencing of other media like anime (Ghost in the Shell) and films (Dark City). They clearly are not as talented as they claim to be or think they are.

RaptorGTA

After this the Wachowski's are clearly one-hit-wonders who got lucky with the Matrix 1 and took too much credit for it. The success of that film is likely a great blend of ingredients that the film team made with great direction and fight choreography (by Yuen Woo-ping). Not to mention their script of the original was super on-the-nose referencing of other media like anime (Ghost in the Shell) and films (Dark City). They clearly are not as talented as they claim to be or think they are.

Two hit wonders thanks to V for Vendetta.

I dont think I was as disappointed with this movie as others because I had really low expectations. There are a couple of things in this movie I liked...but there a lot that either falls flat or is just dumb. There is no way in hell I would watch this mess again.

Majukun

Not sure there's much distinction there - all of it is dumb techno/magic-babble. Human brain 'remote-controlling' machines is literal magic(or X-men power - but scant difference). Software magically transporting itself into and taking over a human brain in real-world. Software rebooting a human heart, human-brain(soul?) remote-plugging into matrix limbo etc.
We can take alternate explanations like 'there is no real world, it's all layers of simulation' - but those would work for power-generation-shenanigans too.
And the same scene that delivers emotions/power source speech, also shows flashbacks of literal resurrection.
there's techno magic and actual magic...matrix was usually the first one, power of love generating electricity is pretty much on the second field...
If you wanna tell me that a lot of stuff in the original trilogy was really poorly or vaguely explained behind a facade of technology I agree, but for me there's a difference between that and what we see in this movie.
I went back and rewatched the scene, while the 'power = emotion' is left slightly ambiguous (he simply states that he breaks productivity records because humans are constantly suffering). For Neo/Trinity he just states they are the model - the constant yearning for what's just out of reach, perpetual dream of suffering, which entire population accepts as their default state and remains pacified. No mention of power, batteries or anything of the sort - but lots of not very subtle allusions that it's the state of majority population in today's world.
if neo was not special all the effort made to recover him specifically wouldn't make sense.
Originally I thought this would have been part of the plot-thread of Neo seeing the psychiatrist in the first place, but that got dropped pretty fast. Taking the plot more at face-value (which I don't like - but let's run with it) it may just be implying most of those memories were implanted. They needed Neo to believe he was in treatment for attempted suicide etc, so they planted those things, along with the rest of his life-background (and Trinity's obviously).
All Matrix movies hinted at this being a possibility but never explicitly showed doing it (Cypher originally negotiated for it - but it's left ambiguous whether machines 'can' do that or Smith just lied to him to get his part of the deal).
it can't be implanted memories because Bugs saw him during his attempted suicide and had an awakening for no apparent reason.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
If you wanna tell me that a lot of stuff in the original trilogy was really poorly or vaguely explained behind a facade of technology I agree, but for me there's a difference between that and what we see in this movie.
I'd say first movie stands apart there, as it made a conscious effort to at least pretend to be grounded.
Each sequel then progressively amped up the BS from there...

if neo was not special all the effort made to recover him specifically wouldn't make sense.
Well it's made pretty clear 'he' is not special on his own - it's only together with Trinity that the two were important. That's capped off by the ending too.
And I'm not saying what makes them special was well explained(it wasn't), but the movie basically says the two (kept at a distance so 'bad things don't happen') are the ultimate-influencers, that's about it.

it can't be implanted memories because Bugs saw him during his attempted suicide and had an awakening for no apparent reason.
Yea good point - so then we're right back at the whole sequence being really... confusing, as you noted...

sol_bad

It's been a few days since I saw Resurrections and there is something I've realised.
I hated Matrix Revolutions and I didn't care for any of the real world stuff, it bored me. I wanted to get back to the Matrix stuff asap.
Now with Resurrections I don't care for the Matrix stuff and want to see more of the real world stuff. I want to see humans and robots living together and I want to see the robot civil war.
One can dream we'll see it one day.

SkylineRKR

This movie is almost like a parody of the original trilogy. They're constantly making 4th wall jokes and references to them. They even take potshots at WB. I was asking myself what the fuck I was watching. And the endless footage of the original didn't help either, since it looks way better and even the choreography is far better despite that movie being 22 years old.

Reeves is horrible. Sure he has to work with an awful script, but he does nothing to improvise it seems. He's just standing there, wondering if he's at the wrong set or something.

The movie is also very predictable. We knew what the ending was going to be. As soon as we saw her we knew the goal was to free Trinity, and they would probably fly off together. The sole reason for this movie seems to be to erase the sort of sad ending of Revolutions.

Just saw this yesterday. I loved the beginning of the movie, but it fell apart for me around the time of the fight scene where the Merovingian showed up in his trash tutu. I though I was suddenly watching Steven Spielberg's Hook. The action scenes are forgettable, Trinity doesn't seem to do anything at all except cover behind Neo. I can't remember a single song from the movie. Nyobe was shit. Like, everything about her was shit. Her makeup, her voice, her hair.... bah. The antagonist was extremely stupid, seemed to come out of a Batman game. And why did Smith show up and team up with Neo for like ten seconds? And why is Morpheus a buffoon now? And why do the new robots look like something out of the Wizard of Oz?

4/10 from me.

Smith explains that though. He needs Neo as hunting him down is his purpose in life. He's what the Joker is to Batman.

Niobe. I forgot about her lol. She's completely fucking useless. So they have a truce with the machines and benefit from eachother or something. She doesn't want to fuck that up with breaking in. But her own people resurrected Neo in the meantime? Morpheus was awful, all he could do was spoof the original.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Saw it yesterday. Lost for words how bad it was, rock bottom garbage. No hard feelings for Keanu tho, 10+ mil doesn't grow on trees.

Tschumi

I want to see humans and robots living together and I want to see the robot civil war.
Sorry for being random but I'm watching a Studio Ghibli film as I read this and yeah that sentence would make an awesome Ghibli film...

, all he could do was spoof the original.
He could barely do that either :p

Morpheus was such a badass character... They should have felt comfortable owning that, they didn't need to "refresh" him, there was nothing pantomime or outdated about his original character.

... I said my piece in my op.

Bridges

Film sucked hard but I enjoyed a few of the early meta moments, particularly when
They go to Neo and say "The suits at Warner Bros. say they want to make another Matrix. Yeah, I know you think the story is complete and you don't want to make anymore but they'll do it with or without us so we may as well be involved."
I got a light chuckle from that, and based on the rest of the movie I bet that's what actually happened in the lead up to its creation.

MastaKiiLA

Given how the movies have declined in quality steadily since the first film, this was kinda expected. A jumbled mess that didn't even give me the courtesy of delivering a 2 hour eyegasm. Spent way too much time on callbacks, and didn't have any real stakes. Like the last film, this dies in the third act, and it wasn't on strong legs in the first 2 either. Did Fish and Hugo nope the fuck out of this one because they knew it was going to be trash?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

It was filmed on the Dark City set?

Maybe just the rooftop set. A lot of the parallels are just generic conventions. I also think the Matrix was too far along production to be too influenced by Dark City.

Amazing similarities. But as you said, the Matrix should had already been in production.

Matrix came out about 13 months later. It doesn't seem possible the writers watched DC and hurried up and wrote script and then production started and wrapped up in less than a year.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Holy shit balls - this movie is utter rubbish. The amount of trite self-serving-look-I-am-so-self-aware fourth wall breaking bullshit got on my nerves. It was essentially a retread of the first movie but shit.

Someone roundhouse kick the Wachowskis and Warner Bros in the nuts, because they goddamn deserve it.

Oh, and stop giving roles to Doogie Howser; sick of seeing his smug stupid face.

Last edited:
Merovingian looking like a bum on the hunt for the closest soup kitchen, rambling some shit in the background while Neo and Co are fighting some Matrix horde.

That whole action scene left me in stitches 😂.

This whole fucking movie is a joke.

Given how the movies have declined in quality steadily since the first film, this was kinda expected. A jumbled mess that didn't even give me the courtesy of delivering a 2 hour eyegasm. Spent way too much time on callbacks, and didn't have any real stakes. Like the last film, this dies in the third act, and it wasn't on strong legs in the first 2 either. Did Fish and Hugo nope the fuck out of this one because they knew it was going to be trash?
Matrix Ressurections should have been about other new characters and only reference the originals like Neo, Morpheus, Smith etc.

I would have been happy if Keanu did a short cameo. The series needs to introduce new interesting characters and definitely needs new directors.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I‘m at a lost of words just how bad that movie was. Makes 2 and 3 seems like masterpieces in retrospect.

I wouldn‘t even know where to start with the bad things so I‘ll keep it at the most irritating point. What was the whole plot even about? I swear for the first 90 minutes I didn‘t even know what was going on and what the point of everything was. At the end I had to kinda recap that it was basically about getting Neo and Trinity out of the new Matrix again, even though none of both really wanted to leave.

Like, really? That‘s the best they could come up with?

Also, what is it with the Hollywoods casting these days? Are they unable to cast any memorable and distinct faces any more or have they just scared everyone off by now?

Amazing similarities. But as you said, the Matrix should had already been in production.

Matrix came out about 13 months later. It doesn't seem possible the writers watched DC and hurried up and wrote script and then production started and wrapped up in less than a year.

Dark City was completed in late 1996/early 1997. It was originally scheduled to be released in Oct of 1997, but was held back til early 1998 to be redited, cause the studio thought that audiences needed to be spoonfed the plot. The director's cut is much better. Anyway, as the director says, the producers allowed the Wachowskis to see the film before it released, so most likely in early to mid 1997. They even allowed them to use some of the same sets.

While I still love the first Matrix, there's a reason the Wachowskis haven't had a hit since the OG Matrix films (and really the 3rd film basically just broke even at the box office), and the sequels were unintelligible messes that soured with age.

Last edited:

CSJ

So many people defending this shit against criticism either say it's really smart and "meta", or you're just don't get it because of binary/trans/xyz reasons and you're a bigot.
They were so ham-fisted with the execution, it's literally shouting in your face winking going EH? EH? GET IT?!

Hollywood films this last decade have this obsession of "more", everything has to be swarms of shit, enemies, ships and now they did it for the Matrix with just rooms full of people just in this choreography mess.
Not a single fight comes close to the original in any way; just limp fisted and dull, none of the antagonists had any weight of gravitas like the previous films either. Neil Patrick Harris is not menacing at all and Jonathan Groff could have been if given the right role instead of meta-commentary douche-ceo.

SJRB

Gold Member
Merovingian looking like a bum on the hunt for the closest soup kitchen, rambling some shit in the background while Neo and Co are fighting some Matrix horde.

That whole action scene left me in stitches 😂.

This whole fucking movie is a joke.

Merv escaped from Jumanji just 10 minutes earlier and took Hook's Lost Boys with him.

RU-FI-O!!

That entire bit is so fucking dumb in every way. His dialogue is just ridiculous ranting. It almost feels like he's improvising his lines, I refuse to believe a team of people wrote this and thought "yeah, yeah this is good stuff".

You can't focus on what he's saying because of all the fast-cut fight scenes, and you can't focus on the fighting because of his idiotic rambling. It's a terribly, TERRIBLY edited sequence.

Last edited:

TexMex

I just sat through this vile piece of shit. One of the worst sequels I ever remember. They somehow made something worse than the third. Borderline contempt for their fan base. Jesus Christ almighty what was that.

Blade2.0

Watched it tonight. I actually liked it more than matrix reloaded and i thought it was a good place to finish the series. Had a happy ending all wrapped up. Of they ever make another matrix, reboot or get new characters.

Tschumi

Merv escaped from Jumanji just 10 minutes earlier and took Hook's Lost Boys with him.

RU-FI-O!!

That entire bit is so fucking dumb in every way. His dialogue is just ridiculous ranting. It almost feels like he's improvising his lines, I refuse to believe a team of people wrote this and thought "yeah, yeah this is good stuff".

You can't focus on what he's saying because of all the fast-cut fight scenes, and you can't focus on the fighting because of his idiotic rambling. It's a terribly, TERRIBLY edited sequence.
This is basically word for word what i was thinking when i saw the scene.. that and "show me that Spanish actress's legs again

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Hot take: Movie would be at least slightly enjoyable (in B movie kind of way) if Reeves would be replaced with someone who can actually act beyond Wick/Silverhand type of characters.

RU-FI-O!!

This scene is pure comedy. I rewatched it countless times just for the LOL's.

You can just imagine a street fight and some bum yelling stuff in the background like some sort of fight commentary. Its hilarious.

Watched it tonight. I actually liked it more than matrix reloaded and i thought it was a good place to finish the series. Had a happy ending all wrapped up. Of they ever make another matrix, reboot or get new characters.

- Change the timeline (Matrix origins or far future versions of the Matrix)
- Only reference the originals like Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, Smith if its a version of Matrix far into the future
- New characters are needed
- Go back to the first Matrix fight sequences

I thought this was one of the cool moments in Matrix Reloaded. They never built on this type of fight scenes again. Also notice how all this is one shot and not multiple cuts like in Resurrections?
the-matrix-the-matrix-reloaded.gif

Cleared_Hot

It was filmed on the Dark City set?

Maybe just the rooftop set. A lot of the parallels are just generic conventions. I also think the Matrix was too far along production to be too influenced by Dark City.

The entire 90's was nonstop movies in this genre and the matrix finally nailed. It was genius.

Cleared_Hot

- Only reference the originals like Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, Smith if its a version of Matrix far into the future

I thought this was one of the cool moments in Matrix Reloaded. They never built on this type of fight scenes again. Also notice how all this is one shot and not multiple cuts like in Resurrections?
I still can't believe they didn't win the Oscar for vfx. Fucking insanity.

Tschumi

i love those fights scenes because they are just so obviously classic 80s kung-foo coordinated brawls with a shiny new coat. I mean the camera just sits back and you can tell that these people have been working with kung-foo trainers every afternoon of the shoot getting their sequence of moves down and technically correct... <3 mad love for these scenes

EruditeHobo

Was never going to be as good or as perfect as The Matrix, but it's a worthy update and has enough to say in a post-Trump, post-terminally online world, which has communities which have co-opted the message of The Matrix and misunderstood the overall point of the original trilogy (and especially the first film). It's a bit shaggy, but I'm glad it exists. It's in many ways gorgeously put together.

So this new Matrix is a ‘binary’ world created by the polar opposites of Neo and Trinity and the creator or construct was a misogynistic white male? Since when did any of the machines in the original trilogy display or align themselves with any one type of human behaviour? Completely unnecessary. The entire movie is woke at it's core. Insidiously done as well it took me a few days to work out Lanas message she is trying to convey. Keep your politics, ideologies and perverted world views out of cinema please.

The Matrix is in large part about a transhumanist mindset; it's a metaphor for the status quo, the way in which we are collectively/culturally indoctrinated into a binary view of humankind, the rejection of that unconsciously self-imposed lie, and the awakening to a more inclusive reality with a freer view of what it means to be an individual.

Keep politics/world view out of cinema, and art? What an embarrassingly boring request... even taking that at it's face, though, without that we wouldn't have The Matrix at all.

Last edited:

Tschumi

has enough to say in a post-Trump, post-terminally online world, which has communities which have co-opted the message of The Matrix and misunderstood the overall point of the original trilogy (and especially the first film).
I'm glad u were brave enough to mention this outright.

Cleared_Hot

I'm
Was never going to be as good or as perfect as The Matrix, but it's a worthy update and has enough to say in a post-Trump, post-terminally online world, which has communities which have co-opted the message of The Matrix and misunderstood the overall point of the original trilogy (and especially the first film). It's a bit shaggy, but I'm glad it exists. It's in many ways gorgeously put together.

The Matrix is in large part about a transhumanist mindset; it's a metaphor for the status quo, the way in which we are collectively/culturally indoctrinated into a binary view of humankind, the rejection of that unconsciously self-imposed lie, and the awakening to a more inclusive reality with a freer view of what it means to be an individual.

Keep politics/world view out of cinema, and art? What an embarrassingly boring request... even taking that at it's face, though, without that we wouldn't have The Matrix at all.
Self imposed lie? You mean biology?

EruditeHobo

Self imposed lie? You mean biology?

No, biology isn't a lie. It also doesn't wholly define gender, gender expression, or lots of things people are talking about when assessing what is male & what is female.

The lie is the limits imposed on the very concepts of "man" and "woman" as dictated by culture.

Last edited:
Top Bottom