• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N64 and SEGA Genesis games coming to Nintendo Switch Online

Serge85

Easy to believe in that when only a very very few characters models where reworked in the 3DS edition. This excluding the dumbfied boss decisions, changing in the bank locations, etc. It would be better for Nintendo to forget this was ever made. Still never progressed in the game past the first dungeon.

Oh yeah I already forgot the big brain excuse of meme, as if anyone is going through houses(or forums) yelling at people to stop having fun.

Like I aways said, if people like to swim in the mud because is fun who am I to say they're wrong? Go for it.
I'm glad you gave us permission to have fun.

Thanks!

nkarafo

It isn't just them though. PS2 games on PS4/5 are also the 50hz versions. It's probably because they have already been rated and the language options are included.
Sure but they are still trash. Worst way to experience the games. This is not an Amiga.

50hz is such a shitty thing, while it means I get to play the game exactly how I played it back in the day, not getting the 60 is a slap
You didn't really played these games at such improved resolution and image quality back in the day. So this isn't an argument for 50hz.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Xl04tSb.jpg
Im happy that you enjoy getting ripped off. I dont

Neff

You didn't really played these games at such improved resolution and image quality back in the day. So this isn't an argument for 50hz.

There are some who will genuinely prefer 50hz. A lot of us will have grown up with the slower versions of Sonic 1's music for example, and will prefer them even though they weren't composed that way. Same goes for things like physics, challenge and muscle memory, it's different enough to be potentially off-putting when faced with the way it's supposed to be.

While I consider it possibly the most grievous blight on European gaming ever, I can understand why it has its defenders, crazy as they may be.

nkarafo

There are some who will genuinely prefer 50hz. A lot of us will have grown up with the slower versions of Sonic 1's music for example, and will prefer them even though they weren't composed that way. Same goes for things like physics, challenge and muscle memory, it's different enough to be potentially off-putting when faced with the way it's supposed to be.

While I consider it possibly the most grievous blight on European gaming ever, I can understand why it has its defenders, crazy as they may be.
That makes sense. Sonic used to be my favorite game and when i finally played it on an emulator the first time, i thought the sound was buggy. Then i listened to the soundtrack and it was still too fast, so i looked it up and realised my whole life was a lie. Thankfully they didn't mess up the music in the sequels.

I'm used to it now and the slower PAL version sounds completely wrong to me. Not the Master System version though. Scrap Brain still sounds right at a slower pace to me.

Can't say i ever felt the same for gameplay speed though. US/JP games tend to feel snappier and run at a higher frame rate so i can't go back. PAL F-Zero X now feels like someone is holding me back with a string (even though that was the version i played first).

Last edited:

Nozz-A-La

My real question is how often are we going to get new N64 games? Is it going to be like the NES and SNES apps where we got a bunch of classics at the start, but everything the last 2 years has been mostly crap?
I wish they’d been more specific with this. I’d much rather they’d have said we plan to release a couple of games a month instead of a list of a few games coming at some point.

This surprised me too. Wave Race and Pilotwings are probably the weirdest omissions as far as first party games are concerned. I guess they're probably going to try to keep a more consistent release schedule than with the NES and SNES services, since there has to be an incentive for people to remain subscribed to the expansion pack, so that meant withholding some of the no brainers at launch.
I really hope you’re right. I’d love both of those, plus Donkey Kong 64, oh, and Snowboard Kids.

oagboghi2

Is it more pathetic to get annoyed at other people for pointing out that nintendo should be doing better? Or do you like the taste of your favorite corporations boots that much?
What the fuck does that even mean? I want to play a few old games I like. If I’m able to do that at a price I’m okay with, than what is the problem?

“Oh you want to play a video game. You must love the taste of corporate boot” okay dude. You keep fighting evil Nintendo. I’ll play video games

Last edited:

theclaw135

Banned
Greed or not, Nintendo is abundantly correct. Fans of N64 games want them to be N64 games.
Thusly XBLA Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark are more timeless than the likes of Conker Live & Reloaded or Star Fox Adventures could ever hope to be.

Last edited:
I've yet to pick up a Switch, but this is mighty tempting. I'd love to play some of those N64 titles again. Especially Super Mario 64 and Zelda.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Nintendo has realized that they are “ nostalgia dealers”.

People buy there products because they have great memories growing up with them so Nintendo knows they don’t need to actually “enhance” anything for there products to sell.

The problem is people will keep buying everything so to Nintendo, it’s like “why would they waste money to improve anything lol.
And I don't get why this is "bad"... People is getting what they want, Nintendo is providing it, isn't it a win-win situation? Or is it only bad because a handful of enthusiast don't like it thinking they know better?

Some people seem to buy the "for the gamers" shit that companies say, they want your money and that's it.

MrA

Banned
Is it more pathetic to get annoyed at other people for pointing out that nintendo should be doing better? Or do you like the taste of your favorite corporations boots that much?
I'm rubber you're glue what you say bounces off of me and sticks to you and ELectric bogaloo!

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Nintendo 64 is the best Nintendo console so this is great news.
Now we just need Game Boy games, i would love to play Super Mario Land 2 again. Great game.
I wanted to play GB, GBC and GBA games on the service. But looks like it's not happening and I'm better off just buying one of those Chinese knockoffs.

engstra

It seems like they have been “taking criticism seriously” by doing absolutely nothing. Not like their consumers are punishing them for it and the media stopped holding them to task so…

Fi8UiK5.jpg
Yea I remember them commenting on that. Shame that nothing's been done as of yet. With games like Paper Mario and others slowly coming to the service I would like to try it out but I guess no reason to dive in yet

Top Bottom