• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Name a Hidden Gem currently on GamePass… I’m bored and need suggestions

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I liked Bards Tale 4 a lot mainly thanks to the incredible soundtrack, but also because I love that old school FPS dungeon crawler style. Might work for you I dunno.
All the Celtic music in that game is so damn good. There was one song in the game that was so good I would just hang out there to hear it play on a loop. I really liked the game too. :messenger_winking:

manfestival

Plenty of people chimed in with some solid suggestions. Just going to be echoing some of those names already mentioned but they are definitely worth checking out.
Dicey Dungeons(fun little time waster to try from time to time)
Deaths Door
Gears Tactics
Ring of Pain
Wasteland 3
Curse of the Dead Gods
Anvil

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Some lesser talked about games I've enjoyed:

-Monster Train
-Gears Tactics
-Shipbreaker
-World War Z
-What remains of Edith Finch
-Crusader Kings III
-Human Fall Flat
-Telling Lies
-Star Wars Squadrons

Just to throw a warning out there for people, I work within a sector thats heavily unionised and personally as am supportive of work unions...

However this story mode on shipbreaker... my god I fucking hated them, you can tell its written by people that have never been in a union before, maybe they thought they where in one in college or something but I just felt like screaming "THEY DONT WORK LIKE THAT!" at the screen whenever the story forced me away from having fun. I get it, suspension of disbelief and everything, but this was just so glaringly awful it ruined an otherwise fun game about breaking up ships in the homeworld universe for me.

I can't imagine what someone with anti union sentiment would think playing through this...

The free cut mode is fun though in a kind of power wash simulator way, but during early access the game was so much better when it had progression but no story and sadly that's not an option now.

Last edited:

Bridges

Supraland

Very interesting game, I would say it's kind of like a cross between Metroid Prime and Portal. It's got that 3D Metroidvania format and is constantly giving you cool upgrades, but is also full of physics based puzzles that real force you to take advantage of all of your upgrades. It's really cool but never seemed to get any kind of mainstream push.

EDIT: had this typed out already and didn't refresh, I see I was beaten by several hours!

Last edited:

Maddux4164

Everyone slow down!! This man has not played Hollow Knight. Telling him to do anything else at this point is silly.
Yes! You guys have listed some amazing sounding games. Enough to take me months and months to dive into.

Think I’m giving Hollow Knight a go first and foremost. I’ll then sift through this amazing thread for other suggestions. So many amazing games listed that I’d forgotten about/haven’t heard of/wanted to play but didn’t realize it was on GamePass

Maddux4164

Between Donut County and Lake, the service has definitely paid for itself this month!
Here’s some images from Lake:
VkQ0NmK.jpg

FQkuwQg.jpg

nqhSgcC.jpg

I really had a lot of fun with this one!
I’ve heard tons talk about Lake. Wasn’t sure it was on GamePass. Nice.

hrab

I think Outer Wilds is back on gamepass. The game is brilliant and very unique, can't recommend it enough.

I mean its not really a hidden gem as it was 2019 GOTY, but somehow there was not much talk about it here on GAF.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Death's Door > Tunic

Tunic's exploration > Death's Door's everything > Tunic's combat

God that game could have been a GOAT if the combat didn't fall totally flat for me. If you were to put those two games together, man.

Croga

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk.

Dungeons and Dragons with comedy tones meets XCOM.

Its a decent tactical RPG that really caught me by surprise when I played it a few months back.

Be prepared for lots of jokes and swearing which I wasn't expecting at all but the party banter is good fun as a result.

GreenAlien

Try Paradise Killer if you like investigation, exploration type games (and anime).

Norco and Chinatown Detective Agency are also worth a go (these are point-and-click adventure games).

Last edited:
Solasta: Crown of the Magister is an excellent recent addition. It's a tactical D&D game, and it scratches the old PC CRPG itch for me better than a lot of recent attempts (Pillars of Eternity, Torment: Tides of Numenera, etc.). Combat is highly engaging, and you can make it as faithful to D&D or as easy as you'd like with numerous settings. It's also the perfect length for me, coming in at a dozen hours or so.

Because of it's generic name, I'm worried it will get overlooked, but trust me: It's worth looking into for people who like this genre.

I can also tell you which game to avoid, by the way: 12 Minutes. I beat that game hoping the story would go somewhere cool, and it was a wasted afternoon.

Roberts

I think Outer Wilds is back on gamepass. The game is brilliant and very unique, can't recommend it enough.

I mean its not really a hidden gem as it was 2019 GOTY, but somehow there was not much talk about it here on GAF.
Yes, but wait till September when it gets 4k60fps update.

This thread is a good reminder on how many bangers there really are on GP. You would expect people recommending the same stuff, but all of you pimp different games. Awesome!

Maddux4164

Yes, but wait till September when it gets 4k60fps update.

This thread is a good reminder on how many bangers there really are on GP. You would expect people recommending the same stuff, but all of you pimp different games. Awesome!
This! Which is what I hoped for. Not the same 3 games listed 50 times. But a variety across many genres etc

This thread is golden!

DavidGzz

MS needs to work with Steam to get an official way to get Gamepass on Steam Deck. Not interested in the cloud version since the router at work isn't 5ghz.

Top Bottom