• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Name your fave modern horror movies and why

I saw this movie a few weeks ago after I read it was done by the people who were going to the practical effects for "The Thing prequel", they were fired when production decided to use CGI. These guys made a good movie with the practical effects.

z6VRTqw.jpg

nymNUn5.jpg

Genuinely creepy underrated slow burner. Stuck in my mind for days after watching it.

The Danvers Asylum where this was filmed is fantastically creepy and the star attraction in the movie.
Alas, most of it was eventually demolished and apartments where put up in its place. Some of the tunnels and a few structures still remain though.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Not modern because those suck expect The VVitch, Hereditary and somewhat
Midsommar

ROSEMARY'S BABY

Lol you think your doctor isn't in it? No trust. Ultimate paranoia, grooming etc

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
TGeDlH6.jpg
yKV2Vrr.jpg
roxWoOi.jpg
SRUKW0n.jpg

I like these for there sense of adventure and mystery, they all have that falling down the rabbit hole vibe. And falling down a rabbit hole that is also a little bit scary , intrigues me.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
TGeDlH6.jpg
yKV2Vrr.jpg
roxWoOi.jpg
SRUKW0n.jpg

I like these for there sense of adventure and mystery, they all have that falling down the rabbit hole vibe. And falling down a rabbit hole that is also a little bit scary , intrigues me.

I was really feeling all these choices until the last one.

Ritual first half scared the shit out of me. Once the bad guy was revealed it got a bit less scary but all horrror movies suffer from that. In the Mouth of Madness is one of my favorites.

But I didnt love 1408. Maybe i should watch it again.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I was really feeling all these choices until the last one.

Ritual first half scared the shit out of me. Once the bad guy was revealed it got a bit less scary but all horrror movies suffer from that. In the Mouth of Madness is one of my favorites.

But I didnt love 1408. Maybe i should watch it again.
Yeah I agree and I also agree as movies they are probably not that good. I just really like the feeling of going into the unknown they have, even if it's just little bits.

Once 1408's middle part is pretty bad because it gets pretty campy, but the beginning and end are good. I wish they had less "monsters" in it, and just focus on the psychology stuff.

I'm pretty strange with my horror movie choices, they don't have to be really good for me to love them.

Not really a horror but I had a great time with this the other night, but I recommend u watch while browsing gaf and having drinks.(it's on prime)

Last edited:
Top Bottom