• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

Banned
Because he is a Gennin?

If you're question is why he was not promoted... it's because Chunin need to have leadership and tactical skills like Shikamaru. Naruto has neither. You'll see what I mean in the next arc. Or if after the Tsunade one we get the filler arc, then you'll see in the one after that.

Ferrio

Banned
But did anyone get promoted? Didn't Kakashi even say before they left to find Gaara that they were already beyond Gennin level?

Because, even though he won his fight against Neiji, he didn't show that he could be a leader and stuff. Shikimaru on the other hand stayed calm and carufully calculated a strategy to almost win his fight against Temari.

Chrono

Banned
Ferrio said:
But did anyone get promoted? Didn't Kakashi even say before they left to find Gaara that they were already beyond Gennin level?

he meant in terms of fighting skills. Naruto and Sasuke might be able to take on Chuunin in a one-on-one fight but they're NOT leaders who can take a group of 3 gennins for example and assasinate some dude or steal information.

tenchir

I always have a problem with leadership being a significant point in choosing a chuunin simply because who the Chuunin would lead? From what I know, Chuunin far outnumber both Genin AND Jounin, so who are they going to command exactly? Also keep in mind that Chuunin defers to Jounin. If you going to put a lot of weights on leadership, it should be for choosing Jounin. I just don't see Kakashi, Gai, or other Jounin obeying Shikimaru in missions.

Genins aren't allow to take on anything higher than C level missions(A and B being dangerous missions that could involve killing) and they aren't lead by Chuunins, but by Jounins.

If Neji, Sasuke, and Naruto were made Chuunin, it's not necessarily means that they are giving people orders, they can just obey Jounin or a Chuunin that has better leadership like Shikimaru.

Trevelyon

I thought Shino got robbed of promotion. He is highly skilled & a fairly clever battle tactician, perhaps not quite on par with Shikamaru, but he has real talent & leadership skills, heck.... he was pretty much the standout of team 8. Too bad his match didn't exactly take place at the staduim.

Chrono

Banned
tenchir said:
I always have a problem with leadership being a significant point in choosing a chuunin simply because who the Chuunin would lead? From what I know, Chuunin far outnumber both Genin AND Jounin, so who are they going to command exactly? Also keep in mind that Chuunin defers to Jounin. If you going to put a lot of weights on leadership, it should be for choosing Jounin. I just don't see Kakashi, Gai, or other Jounin obeying Shikimaru in missions.

Genins aren't allow to take on anything higher than C level missions and they aren't lead by Chuunins, but by Jounins.

The gennins we see in Naruto are mostly new graduates and they jounins are not leading them in missions; they're just looking after them and guiding them. Also, I don't think Chunin outnumber any other rank. Remember how many teams graduated with team 7? compare that to how many of them made it to chunin...one: shikamaru.

But yeah I don't think leadership is the ONLY quality necessary for chunin. ANBU, for example, have chunin and jounin members. I doubt those chunins in ANBU lead squads. Most likely they're just like gennins under a chunin.

I also think Naruto might get promoted without going through an exam. Remember that the exam was only a way for each country to show its power to the warlords. In the end each country decided for their own who from their teams get to be chunin. Naruto could do several good missions and get promoted maybe.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Also, I don't think Chunin outnumber any other rank. Remember how many teams graduated with team 7? compare that to how many of them made it to chunin...one: shikamaru.

From what I understand, chuunin is a common rank. Genin is pretty much the level for freshly graduated cadets that are still children. AFAIK there haven't been any genin adults shown at all. THe reason why more people didn't get a rank up in the exam, besides the whole invasion thing, was due to all the rookie konoha genin being present. Weren't the vast majority taking it at the first possible test after graduation? Gai's group that waited a year was an exception.

zarkand

There are some adult Genin. It you look in the chuunin exam's first test there are quite a few adults taking it, its just not many got past the first test.

bjork

Totally random Naruto question that was posed to me today by a customer.:

If Naruto turned into the girl with his transformation, and was then having sex with a male, and for whatever reason Naruto was forced into reverting to male form, where would the other guy's wang be?

I said in Naruto's peepee hole, but I dunno...

slayn

needs to show more effort.
bjork said:
Totally random Naruto question that was posed to me today by a customer.:

If Naruto turned into the girl with his transformation, and was then having sex with a male, and for whatever reason Naruto was forced into reverting to male form, where would the other guy's wang be?

I said in Naruto's peepee hole, but I dunno...

I myself have asked the same question, though I think I was talking about morph in x-men or something.

We decided the guy's wang would be sent into obvlivion, and thus any shape changing mutant would be the perfect assassin.. Seduce, immoblize through loss of wang, kill.

Trevelyon said:
I thought Shino got robbed of promotion. He is highly skilled & a fairly clever battle tactician, perhaps not quite on par with Shikamaru, but he has real talent & leadership skills, heck.... he was pretty much the standout of team 8. Too bad his match didn't exactly take place at the staduim.

I've posted exactly this a few times before. He was indeed robbed.

(hoping he shows up again in the manga soon)

bjork

Luscious LeftFoot said:
^^^As if this conversation wasn't nerdy enough ;P

When you work in a place where someone asks "Can Naruto beat the Wing Gundam", you've never seen the true peak of nerdiness, unfortunately.

Burger

I have a question, at what point does the 'new' intro kick in ? I'm upto 20 and was wondering when the new one kicks in (I saw the start of episode 80)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom