• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog Announces Development Delay on TLoU MP (MP Dev Team 'Significantly Scaled Down,' Bloomberg Reports)

Robb

Gold Member
Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I really don't think they know what it is...it was obviously almost complete in some form and they've gutted it to turn into something else...I can't imagine how hard it must be to try and make an appealing gaas game in 2020s.

I feel for them.

Shit is tough nowadays but yeah, this is in development hell I think.

I really don't think they know what it is...it was obviously almost complete in some form and they've gutted it to turn into something else...I can't imagine how hard it must be to try and make an appealing gaas game in 2020s.

I feel for them.

Shit is tough nowadays but yeah, this is in development hell I think.
I don't feel bad for them at all. They had an enjoyable and reasonably successful multiplayer component in TLOU1. They didn't have to scrap everything. All they had to do was expand on it. This is just like Doom 2016's deathmatch to Doom Eternal's battle mode. Who asked for such a huge change?

Last edited:

[Sigma]

They whole shit is gross though. Should have just moved on after TLOU pt2. Started working on that new IP.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Delay?

When did they announce a date for factions?
He's delaying showing it in 2023 like he said he would last year ;)

Let's fucking hope not. This delay seems more like a strategic move to coincide with the Part 2 show on HBO, since Factions 2 is tied to Part 2, and they want the timing of understanding (for the normies) and marketing their GaaS that needs to reach the most people, not just the fanbase.

Top Bottom