• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog developer mentions "unannounced remake project" on LinkedIn

ParaSeoul

I have no interest in The Last of Us remake. The only good thing about modern Naughty Dog games (well, most of them) is story and characters. I've already experience the story of The Las of Us twice and I doubt they will do any drastic changes to the plot for the remake. I hope I'm wrong!
I haven't played 2 but the actual gameplay looked pretty good this time,fast with a lot of impact and an amazing gore system...
when you were actually in a fight and not in stealth or being forced to walk that is.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I haven't played 2 but the actual gameplay looked pretty good this time,fast with a lot of impact and an amazing gore system...
when you were actually in a fight and not in stealth or being forced to walk that is.

Combat in TLOU2 looks nice but plays stiff, especially melee. There are countless better third person cover shooters out there so without interesting story or characters the game is a drag.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I haven't even played 1 yet, was thinking of finally getting around to it but then all this remake talk makes me want to wait.
I didn't play 1 until 2017 and it reached my top 3 favorite games ever. The remake is going to look incredible so waiting in your case would probably be better

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Mumbauer - "I... can't really say that, but I'm just telling you that's what I was chasing. I can't necessarily tell you that's... what I can tell you is that.. that team certainly worked The Last of Us Part II, they're credited on that right? You saw that. So the thing is, what I can tell you is that's what I was chasing because I believe that there was value in doing something like a remake of God of War at the visual fidelity of today, or like a remake of Uncharted 1 at the visual fidelity of today."

Visual fidelity of today, not tomorrow. This interview was done several ago so i guess this confirms the game is last gen.

Really hope Sony gets a big backlash over this once it gets announced. An absolutely needless and unambitious remake from arguably their most valuable studio.

I’m still hoping against hope that when nd took over the project in 2020 they made it next Gen only but this isnt looking good right now.

Hobbygaming

Visual fidelity of today, not tomorrow. This interview was done several ago so i guess this confirms the game is last gen.

Really hope Sony gets a big backlash over this once it gets announced. An absolutely needless and unambitious remake from arguably their most valuable studio.

I’m still hoping against hope that when nd took over the project in 2020 they made it next Gen only but this isnt looking good right now.
This is Naughty Dog we're talking about 😄 it's going to look insane and current gen

It was also left out of this excerpt, that the budget for this remake is bigger than their typical games

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
This is Naughty Dog we're talking about 😄 it's going to look insane and current gen

It was also left out of this excerpt, that the budget for this remake is bigger than their typical games
Again, it is a recent game that already got a remaster on PS4 and a PS4 Pro boosting patch.
It feels like the Uncharted 4 PS5 remaster (which actually worsened some things, as documented here on GAF with tons of evidence)… unnecessary beyond either a PS5 custom engine tech used with a tried and true older game (to reduce risk, but then at some point we need to see something new and PS5 exclusive that really makes the long wait for it worth it) or a way for the current Druckmann leadership group to make their mark making their work the center stage and only things worth talking about in ND. Either the last chapter of what they took and made theirs or the new series they started. Not seeing ND focusing on anything else.

Hobbygaming

Again, it is a recent game that already got a remaster on PS4 and a PS4 Pro boosting patch.
It feels like the Uncharted 4 PS5 remaster (which actually worsened some things, as documented here on GAF with tons of evidence)… unnecessary beyond either a PS5 custom engine tech used with a tried and true older game (to reduce risk, but then at some point we need to see something new and PS5 exclusive that really makes the long wait for it worth it) or a way for the current Druckmann leadership group to make their mark making their work the center stage and only things worth talking about in ND. Either the last chapter of what they took and made theirs or the new series they started. Not seeing ND focusing on anything else.
The difference between this and just a touch up like the Uncharted 4 remaster won't even be comparable. This is also a good way for them to get more leverage on what the PS5 is capable of while they do early work on their new IP

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Plays stiff? What does that even mean? It's very responsive and has the smoothest animations in any game ever.

You are more often than not locked in these flashy animation and game is ignoring your input. Especially in melee, like I've said before. Typical Naughty Dog game: looks wonderful but plays dull. Popcorn gaming. It's not for me but power to the people who enjoy this kind of experience.

Spaceman292

Banned
You are more often than not locked in these flashy animation and game is ignoring your input. Especially in melee, like I've said before. Typical Naughty Dog game: looks wonderful but plays dull. Popcorn gaming. It's not for me but power to the people who enjoy this kind of experience.
Yes you have to commit to the attacks. It would look weird if you could interrupt the animations, and it would ruin the way the combat works. That doesn't make it dull, it makes it impactful. It's okay to like popular things, you know.

Combat in TLOU2 looks nice but plays stiff, especially melee. There are countless better third person cover shooters out there so without interesting story or characters the game is a drag.
It's the opposite for me. The game is actually fun to play and i really can't think about a lot of third person cover shooters that are better. They also did the perfect blend of realism and fun. RDR2 was so focused on realism that it does "play stiff". But i thought TLOU2 did it perfectly. There's also this weight to the weapons used that i truly enjoyed.
TLOU2 is basically when Naughty Dog perfected the 3rd person cover shooter that they started with Uncharted in 2007.

Hobbygaming

Will Smith Smh GIF by The Academy Awards
Will Smith Laughing GIF by The Academy Awards
Will Smith Punch GIF by Xavier Degraux

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
It's okay to like popular things, you know.

What? Judging by opinions online, it's more popular to dislike this game, that's how "popular" it is. I don't dislike it for the sake of being edgy, I dislike it because it lost the all the good parts of the first one (story, characters, writing) and all we're left is a generic cinematic third person shooter with gore turned to 11.

Hey, enjoy the game. That's all that matters.

Rayderism

Maybe we'll get that Way of the Warrior remake that everyone's been hankering for, that game could definitely use some upgrading.

Last edited:

GymWolf

The Last of Us Remake to be a reality and GAF about to lose it since Schreier will be once again, right.
Wait a moment...are you telling me that we don't have officiality for this remake from sony so there is still a little hope that the jason the cunt is wrong and that no one is working on this fucking thing that nobody asked for?

I thought if was official tbh.

Nice to know.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

Wait a moment...are you telling me that we don't have officiality for this remake from sony so there is still a little hope that the jason the cunt is wrong and that no one is working on this fucking thing that nobody asked for?

I thought if was official tbh.

Nice to know.
You have a 0.001 chance of The Last of Us remake not existing

uK49coi.gif

Top Bottom