• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog developer mentions "unannounced remake project" on LinkedIn

bitbydeath

TLOU2 remake to go alongside the upcoming MP, and fix the story.

TLOU did the same from PS3 -> PS4.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Another fucking one??
Jurgen Klopp Lfc GIF by Liverpool FC

Holammer

While I'd love to see a new take on Jak'n Daxter, one that diverges from the 90's edge sequels. It's more likely a remake of the Uncharted Trilogy for PC and PS5.
That would explain why they only did Uncharted 4 and that other spin-off game nobody talks about in the upcoming collection.

... or a TLoU remake to release alongside the TV-series where they put the actor's faces in the game. I'll enjoy watching the fallout if that happens.

yurinka

I think it's clearly the TLOU remake, in addition to the Bloomberg leak we saw an image of it at CES and would make sense to bundle it with TLOU2 PS5 to promote the tv show.

After that, if they make a remake it would be Uncharted 1. Jak must continue buried.

Kokoloko85

I would of prefered a side story or prequel. Or seeing what anothercountry or state is like. Was so cool seeing California in part 2

If its a full on ps5 remake then cool, as long as it didnt use the main team

Last edited:
Visual Arts are the reason Sony’s games have cutscenes that look beautiful. They do all the mo-cap and a lot of the cinematic animation, character rigging for Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Insomniac, Bend, Sucker Punch, Kojima Productions, etc. Shut em down and say goodbye to a huge defining part of Sony 1st party. They’re the industry leading support team at Sony who are right now making you God of War Ragnarok, among others.

“Shut them down” lol smh
Some just can't wait to fire people, shut down studios, cancel projects they don't like. They are living a very angry life imho

Last edited:

ARK1391

Whatever they release is going to be a spectacle.

Lol TLOU is just being remade as a package together with TLOU P2. A Director’s Cut to help drive new sales and promote the upcoming show.
This. 1000% agree, the rumors around TLOU1 remake and the multiplayer delays all make sense when you look at the release window for the show. Sony is prepping a massive Last of Us product drop right before the show to build a ton of hype.

I'm guessing all this will be shown on Outbreak Day, including a trailer for the show and official release dates for all of it.

Fbh

ND on PS2: A whole new IP!
ND on Ps3: 2 whole new IP's
ND on Ps4: Sequels
ND on Ps5: A multiplayer mode and a remake.

I'm kidding (..to an extent). I know they are working on a new IP. It's just that I have zero hype for a TLOU1 reamake...or any Ps3 era remake of a game that already has a good remaster.

i don't know why anyone would say no to a prettier TLOU2 with an actual good story

What if the remake is actually TLOU1 & TLOU2 rolled into a single seamless game on the new engine, with a Director's Cut changing parts of the story between the two (like Abby's dad in the 1st game's story and Joel's death in Part 2 changed to him being in an extended coma)?

It's definitely TLOU remake and TLOU Factions,

The original game came out almost 10 years ago.

Not far behind the Demon's Souls remake.

I think people focus on the fact that the game was remastered on PS4, but honestly, I don't see that as a factor. It's easy enough to recreate the game with the LOU2 engine and give part 1 and part 2 a cohesive experience. Especially important when LOU2 underperformed and this gives new people a chance to play LOU2 when the show comes out which should bring in some more fans potentially.
I really hope they give LoU2 a proper ps5 update. This game and Uncharted 4 wouldve really shined at

Remakes remakes remakes... What happened with this industry?
The industry has ALWAYS done remakes, love that people who suggest they've been around by saying the industry has changed, don't realize that and suggest they haven't been around as a result...

Look up Super Mario All-Stars

The reality is games are far more expensive now and it makes a lot of sense to touch them up with a remaster or a remake.

Yet you’ll buy it lol
You mean this TLoU Remake? No way I'm buying it and I'll be pissed if they bundle the multiplayer game with it.

I was always against this and I can't even think of how it couldn't be a complete disaster (at least for fans of the first game).

Even Demon's Souls Remake, despite being a well made and looking great, still seem unnecessary to me compared to just a remaster of the original game.

I would much rather get a spin-off or DLC for TLoU2 than this needless remake, one of the worst ideas a Sony studio had in a long while and somehow it ended up in the hands of ND, making it even worse, because now they are wasting time with this instead of moving on to something more interesting.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

You mean this TLoU Remake? No way I'm buying it and I'll be pissed if they bundle the multiplayer game with it.

I was always against this and I can't even think of how it couldn't be a complete disaster (at least for fans of the first game).

Even Demon's Souls Remake, despite being a well made and looking great, still seem unnecessary to me compared to just a remaster of the original game.

I would much rather get a spin-off or DLC for TLoU2 than this needless remake, one of the worst ideas a Sony studio had in a long while and somehow it ended up in the hands of ND, making it even worse, because now they are wasting time with this instead of moving on to something more interesting.
Then why are you here lol

AndrewRyan

Just bought TLoU2 today since it's $10 at a few different places. Maybe they're clearing out inventory? Would love both games on one disc with the VRR and RT treatment.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I have no interest in The Last of Us remake. The only good thing about modern Naughty Dog games (well, most of them) is story and characters. I've already experience the story of The Las of Us twice and I doubt they will do any drastic changes to the plot for the remake. I hope I'm wrong!

Top Bottom