• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog Director Leaves the Door Open to Making Another Uncharted Game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

While discussing how to manage expectations with sequels and the approach the studio took, Druckmann said: "You just realise we're not going to top that so we're going to do something different. We're just gonna do this other thing. And then kinda similarly with the sequel is first of all: do we want to make it and we're lucky that we have the freedom that Sony gives us where we can choose? We made Uncharted 4 and we haven't made another Uncharted since, maybe one day we will, we'll see." Nathan Drake voice actor then comically adds: "We'll talk about it."

Birdo

Banned
I'd rather a 20-something Drake adventure.

The best thing about game characters is they don't don't grow old, like movie actors do. They can stay forever in their prime.

Last edited:

Butz

Banned
Please no, 4 was unnecessary already.
Make TLoU a trilogy and work on your next new IP franchise

Why so it can be now a literally carbon copy of tomb raider with drakes daughter? Yea UC4 had pretty much 70% climbing or walking compared to amy's games lets play as Old man drake and walk around and climb even more now but slower genius. I cant wait till this guy leaves ND this is the same guy that thought they solved disonancia ludonarrativa in TLOU when you pretty much mow down nothing but hillbilles,Thugs,Mercenaries and other low life scum through the entire game.

Hostile_18

Banned
I'd rather a 20-something Drake adventure.

The best thing about game characters is they don't don't grow old, like movie actors do. They can stay forever in their prime.

If Buffy taught me anything is it's so much more satisfying if the characters grow old as the audience does. That's why many people leave Nintendo games as they get older, they just cant relate to the games as they could kids (I know this isnt true for everyone... don't shoot me lol).

An Uncharted game that goes forward into new territory while respecting the past is exactly what I want 👍. Keeping the status quo isnt interesting for me. Its how things get stale IMO 😊.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Please no, 4 was unnecessary already.
Make TLoU a trilogy and work on your next new IP franchise
UC4 is amazing though and Naughty Dog would probably just help with the game

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Why so it can be now a literally carbon copy of tomb raider with drakes daughter? Yea UC4 had pretty much 70% climbing or walking compared to amy's games lets play as Old man drake and walk around and climb even more now but slower genius. I cant wait till this guy leaves ND this is the same guy that thought they solved disonancia ludonarrativa in TLOU when you pretty much mow down nothing but hillbilles,Thugs,Mercenaries and other low life scum through the entire game.
Amy's version of UC4 had no gunplay for the 1st half of the game. Neil and Bruce had to step in and save the project. Her earlier Uncharteds were great though

Gargus

Banned
I'd be willing for more uncharted as long as it's done well and not just a cash in. But at the same time I'd like to see naughty dog also do something entirely new.

Amy's version of UC4 had no gunplay for the 1st half of the game. Neil and Bruce had to step in and save the project. Her earlier Uncharteds were great though
Her game would of flowed alot better then what neil gave us there game is pretty much about the same out side of many 2/4 encounters there really arent any decent size gun fights. You literally spend most of the game walking around and hear characters talk about stuff that in the end doesn't matter without spoiling to much. God of war had the same problem all of this interesting lore yet we fight the same boring enemies and hear kratos sun whine for hours on end.

I loved Uncharted 4 and liked The Lost Legacy but I hope that they create another game. Uncharted 4's ending was enough for me.

Fox Mulder

Uncharted is great they can easily fit more games in the continuity somewhere even with another studio. They can do like a Sully or young Drake prequel, something with Sam, or go forward with the daughter. Maybe even Uncharted: The motion picture game.

There really isn’t any similar games and Sony obviously cares enough about the IP to at least keep trying to make a movie for years.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I loved Uncharted 4 and to me Drake is Uncharted. Lost Legacy was nice but it's not a Uncharted 5 to me- just a spin-off. As long as the story makes sense I'm all for it. Maybe filling in the gaps of the adventures Sully and Drake had when younger or something, but don't really have interest if it's not Drake involved.

It would be just his daughter. With the odd cameo for fan service.
I was thinking of Drake playing the Sully part but yeah the way the story went in Uncharted 4 its most likely going to be Drake making the odd appearance.
The thing is, what is happening to Sully then? Or will Sam and Sully play the role of mentor to the daughter of Nate?
I honestly loved Uncharted 4 and I really would look forward to the next chapter in the series.

*EDIT*
Just realised now how much i miss this franchise. I'm going to go home and fire up Uncharted 4 tonight for another play-through

Last edited:
Reactions: RSB
Uncharted 5: A Thief's Legacy features Nathan Drake teaching the ropes of being an adventurer to his young protege, Jamal. The final scenes sees an emotional Drake standing by a bedridden Sullivan. As Sully takes his last breath, Drake says "You know Victor, maybe you weren't my father, but that doesn't mean you weren't my dad!". It's widely praised.

Last edited:
Old man Drake and his grown up daughter to go on more adventures.
Yes pleassseee
They fucked up a perfect chance to close a circle with a son named Victor after Sully, but they trashed all for the sake of "why we don't make it a girl".
It such a shame that it still hurts.
I still want a young Sully game, but I dream a Victor Drake adventure where he has an issue with his dad and old man Sullivan give the two a last lesson, building on the father theme and relationship that is so strong in the franchise.

Pejo

They fucked up a perfect chance to close a circle with a son named Victor after Sully, but they trashed all for the sake of "why we don't make it a girl".
It such a shame that it still hurts.
I still want a young Sully game, but I dream a Victor Drake adventure where he has an issue with his dad and old man Sullivan give the two a last lesson, building on the father theme and relationship that is so strong in the franchise.
If Sully would have died in the ending of 4 so Nate named his child after him, that would be genuinely an awesome passing of the torch. Or even if you want to go the daughter route, Victoria could also work. The whole ending felt very hamfisted as it was. I'm surprised they didn't add an extra scene on the end with Nadine beating Nate's ass again for good measure.

SleepDoctor

Banned
No thanks. Not interested in playing as his daughter. TLOU already doing the female main character. Don't need another.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I'd be okay with more of Lost Legacy feel with Nadine and Chloe. Nate is done, leave him be, as he is doing everything by the book at the end of 4 I doubt his daughter will be a Nate type rushing into trouble. All treasure hunting will be done with permits and shit. Boring.

CJ_75

Just make it Neil Druckmann! And please, don't make it an open world game.
Don't go Ubisoft on us. Naughty Dog makes linear story driven games, and we f**king love them!
I am really burned out from playing open world games now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom