• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog hires Fortnite battle pass expert as it builds The Last of Us multiplayer

Today I learned The Last of Us Factions II is likely coming out 2024 (or later) thanks to kyliethicc kyliethicc

they don’t know that.

No one but sony and naughty dog know when its coming, we could get a beta by next fall/summer or it could come out in 2025. When jason Schriere reported on it (and also leaked the last of us remake) he said that it was near complete. The article is subscription only but it’s been posted elsewhere and he says the multiplayer project was in the polishing stages

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-is-stirring-unrest-within-playstation-empire

There are multiple internal teams working on it

He talks about it around the 10:00 mark in this video

Last edited:

MScarpa

It only began development 2 years ago.
I was under the assumption we were originally supposed to get this WITH TLOU2, then they decided to just focus on the single player game. Then they pushed out the remake, and we're still waiting on it.

I was under the assumption we were originally supposed to get this WITH TLOU2, then they decided to just focus on the single player game. Then they pushed out the remake, and we're still waiting on it.

Its been in development since TLOU2 and spun off so its been in production way longer than 2 years. Like posted above, it was in the ‘polishing’ stages last year

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Its been in development since TLOU2 and spun off so its been in production way longer than 2 years. Like posted above, it was in the ‘polishing’ stages last year

Niel Druckman said it's been in development for 2 years when him and Geoff Keighley showed off the concept art. He also said "We'll show you more next year" at that time as well

The Neil Druckman tweet stressing 2023 will have a "big update" seems to essentially confirm it. This is 2024 or later. They're definitely not in the polishing stages with this one.

bender

What time is it?
star-wars-the-mandalorian.gif

kyliethicc

The multiplayer that was part of TLOU2 was cancelled in 2019.

Whatever this game is only began development properly in 2020 after TLOU2 shipped.

Remake of TLOU1 was a different project entirely. Different directors than TLOU Online.

Last edited:
as opposed to what, giving it away free?

I’d rather this be a 70 dollar game with season passes but people will complain if they do that too and say they are dumb for not going f2p when every other multiplayer game aside from COD is.

No matter what people are gonna complain about the way sony monetizes this game at this point.

Oh I have no doubt. It’s a curious direction for a studio which has had minimal experience in developing dedicated multiplayers.

I’m just curious how constant the criticism will be from those who complain about MTX in other games such as GTA, Ubisoft and so on.

reksveks

Wonder if we see Sony experiment with businesses models per game.

I can see Factions behind a minor paywall but Twisted Metal has to really be free imo.

Top Bottom