• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog hiring for senior monetization designer (multiplayer)

DeepSpace5D

That's okay so long as it's not pay to win like tlou and uncharted mp. But based on these past games it likely will be pay to win.

"Player friendly economy" screams pay to win (pay money for better weapons... so friendly for players! )
How exactly is Uncharted mp pay to win?

I’ve been playing Uncharted 4 mp for a couple weeks and have unlocked nearly every gun playing normally. The daily challenges give you plenty of points to buy the gameplay chests to unlock items as well.

You can spend money to unlock things quicker sure, but it’s not something that can’t be done by just playing the online modes as well. The progression is pretty fast. When I started the online portion I was thinking I’d be in for a long grind, but in about 2 weeks I’m almost at the level cap.

Dr Bass

Sony getting in on the MP MTX action. Not really my bag, though I did spend a decent amount on SFV DLC. Ugh.

Dream-Knife

Banned
The future of games:
Graphics that run on a mobile GPU/CPU
F2P/GaaS
Microtransactions

Some are pushing it towards this future more than others but eventually everyone will cave into it as they are now.
This only effects mainstream gaming. Of course companies want money for their efforts, but many (most?) games are made today to get paid, not because of their artistic creativity.

Majormaxxx

How exactly is Uncharted mp pay to win?

I’ve been playing Uncharted 4 mp for a couple weeks and have unlocked nearly every gun playing normally. The daily challenges give you plenty of points to buy the gameplay chests to unlock items as well.

You can spend money to unlock things quicker sure, but it’s not something that can’t be done by just playing the online modes as well. The progression is pretty fast. When I started the online portion I was thinking I’d be in for a long grind, but in about 2 weeks I’m almost at the level cap.
Dude I think you are just good at mp. That's why. I played u4 mp for a while back when the beta released and then with u4 and I didn't really progress.

GreatnessRD

Boomers need to realize that this is the reality of multiplayer gaming. Mobile games have figured it out ten years ago.
Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

DeepSpace5D

Dude I think you are just good at mp. That's why. I played u4 mp for a while back when the beta released and then with u4 and I didn't really progress.
I honestly don’t think I’m anything above average. Have you had a chance to check out Survival mode? It’s an online coop mode that released 7 months after Uncharted 4 came out, in December 2016. It’s a coop Horde mode basically where you survive waves of enemies with teammates.

If you play Survival with a decent squad, I’m confident you will progress fast. Killing the bosses (Warlords they’re called) in Survival levels up all your guns to a max of level 5, and completing the daily survival challenges gives alot of points to spend for unlocks.

ksdixon

Jesus Christ, still? Get the fucking MP game out already - I've played TLOU1 MP Factions for like 8 years already, across 3 console generations.

SuckerPunch put ND to shame releasing GOT, MP, DLC, REMASTER, to say nothing of Insomniac's output.

Calhoun

Neo Member
Jesus Christ, still? Get the fucking MP game out already - I've played TLOU1 MP Factions for like 8 years already, across 3 console generations.

SuckerPunch put ND to shame releasing GOT, MP, DLC, REMASTER, to say nothing of Insomniac's output.
Multiplayer is a tough nut to crack though. Even seasoned veterans like EA and Activision fuck things up.

Last edited:

SSfox

Sucker punch is on another level. Even if not perfect but Legends is imo by far the best online game that a Sony studio ever released, even if I really enjoyed Uncharted games multiplayer.

Top Bottom