• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog isn’t ruling out making more Uncharted games, developer says

Azurro

Banned
Stop the BS, they don’t do this. LITERALLY, all of their games have white people, black people, etc.

Also, people need to stop allowing their “video game conspiracies” to thrive vicariously through their political views.

If it’s a joke, cool. If not, it’s just strange.

That’s not what you should be concerned about while playing, regardless lol.

There's nothing there alright, nothing of their critical race theory bs, noooothing at all. Keep going, keep going.

makaveli60

Bring it, but only if the original characters are part of if in a meaningful way, even if we don’t play as Nate, but the charm of these games come from these well-known characters.

Full blown UC5 built on Ps5
Link Comments GIF
meg ryan orgasm GIF
200.gif

As long as they tone down the shooting gallery gameplay.
The reason I like the Uncharted series is the Adventure of it all. Going to exotic places.
The back and forth with antagonist and the fun of blowing stuff up.

Arun1910

Not surprising, they can do so much.

Nates Kid, Sully, Sam, Nadine and Chloe.

I really liked the dynamic of Nadine and Chloe in Lost Legacy and how the relationship evolved from UC4. Wouldn't mind another game with them.

Osaka_Boss

I hope Naughty Dog tries their hand on something like Fallout. SONy really needs to cover their asses when it comes to big meaningful rpg games that MS took away, and not more AAA movie experiences games.

No. Make something new.
If it's inevitable, then do a Sully prequel or have another one with Chloe. Leave Drake alone.

Have more shooting and less braindead climbing and slow walking segments. And keep Cuckmann away from it.

RPSleon

Uncharted needed a break. 4 was good but i felt burnt out on the design of the gameplay.

End of gen would work for me.

Ahem.. no. Fuck this, not enough shooting was my main and biggest issue with Uncharted 4.
I don't mind shooting things in UIncharted games but the 3rd one had many of the Wide levels one after another where enemies would flank you if you were not fast enough. It just wasn't fun and stopped the 'adventure' cold. Felt like a series of horde modes over and over.

Vick

Gold Member
I don't mind shooting things in UIncharted games but the 3rd one had many of the Wide levels one after another where enemies would flank you if you were not fast enough. It just wasn't fun and stopped the 'adventure' cold. Felt like a series of horde modes over and over.
jack-nicholson-jack.gif

Into my veins.

Just set the Explorer Difficulty if you don't like over the top action. And you can always explore after all hell broke loose.

Fredrik

I feel like anyone who finished 4 should know this. That ending is a very intentional foot in the door in case they can't let go of the series.
You’re talking about a game with their daughter as protagonist? I can absolutely see it happen but I don’t want it to happen. It’s a good ending. Let it be.

Elios83

I'd really love to see a new Uncharted conceived for PS5 and a new IP from them.
While TLOU has been really successful and with the HBO series, the remake and Factions things are not going to stop for the TLOU IP, personally I prefer Uncharted because it's more fun and each game they can have a totally new story and setting.

The series has run its course. It was a great ride but Naughty Dog should really look into making a new IP. Hopefully something that doesn't resemble Uncharted or The Last of Us since the gameplay mechanics in those two are 90% the same.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
You’re talking about a game with their daughter as protagonist? I can absolutely see it happen but I don’t want it to happen. It’s a good ending. Let it be.

Agree - but I feel like that ending was a very easy way for them to open the door to any potential reboots.

I just want them to move on and focus on their new fantasy IP. If there's a B-Team who need a new project let them create something new as well.

Really people think that Sony admit them to stop to make uncharted or the last of us? they can just take a pause from that..then you will have the last of us 3 and thenew uncharted
I think there will be a new Uncharted, but I'm not sure Is going to be necessarely a a Naughty Dog game. I think other studios could try to use that formula and vive It their personal spin and I don't seeanything bad in that.

Vick

Gold Member
Hopefully something that doesn't resemble Uncharted or The Last of Us since the gameplay mechanics in those two are 90% the same.
What a weird take. I mean i'm sure on Youtube they look similar, but mechanics are completely different in these games and they couldn't play any more differently.

Fredrik

Agree - but I feel like that ending was a very easy way for them to open the door to any potential reboots.

I just want them to move on and focus on their new fantasy IP. If there's a B-Team who need a new project let them create something new as well.
Yeah I want them to revisit Jak or start a new more family friendly IP. They’re among the best devs in the industry but also among the darkest ones, I don’t need more darkness in my life but I want to experience their extreme attention to details and skills in cinematics.

Dr Bass

This is not a good idea IMO. The series is done. We are able to play the entire thing on PS5 in an enhanced version at that, no problem.

Do new ideas and game types. Uncharted 5+ does nothing for the platform IMO.

G-Bus

Banned
I loved the series. Played and beat them all. Some multiple times. Lost Legacy was good too.

I'm not sure how interested I'd be in another installment of the same. I thought they wrapped it up nicely with 4.

Hunnybun

I want a new Uncharted and I think it's weird there's so much pushback against the idea.

It's a huge franchise and the formula is pretty much perfected, and it's pulpy nonsense so it's not like you run the risk of tainting some great work of art. People don't get all precious about new Gears titles, or James Bond films. I don't really see why this is different tbh.

I wonder if what's delayed it so far is the relatively lukewarm reception to The Lost Legacy. Can you have Uncharted without Nathan Drake? Personally I wouldn't bother trying. I'd just find a way to bring him back, and try to establish a different replacement in a new game.

RDR2 has the worst combat in a shooter ever, it hasn't changed since GTA san andreas its a point and click shooter at this point with the aim dot auto lock.

Get outta here with your nonsense.
You can turn the auto aim off, in fact you pretty much must in order to make the game fun.

Naughty dog will naturally become a 3 game studio like insomniac and firesprite. They’re already working their way toward it with the studio restructuring.

Factions, uncharted/tlou, new ip will be the pipeline from here on

Last edited:

YukiOnna

As I've said before I love the Uncharted series and am one of the ones who's a fan of 4. That said, they need to bring back Nate since he's the essence of the series for me. They have a huge gap they can fill from the ending there.

I prefer the fun tone Uncharted has in terms of ND titles.

Kokoloko85

New IP please. Ill only be ok with Naughty Dog making another Uncharted if Naughty Dog gets another new team to make it

YukiOnna

I want a new Uncharted and I think it's weird there's so much pushback against the idea.

It's a huge franchise and the formula is pretty much perfected, and it's pulpy nonsense so it's not like you run the risk of tainting some great work of art. People don't get all precious about new Gears titles, or James Bond films. I don't really see why this is different tbh.

I wonder if what's delayed it so far is the relatively lukewarm reception to The Lost Legacy. Can you have Uncharted without Nathan Drake? Personally I wouldn't bother trying. I'd just find a way to bring him back, and try to establish a different replacement in a new game.
Personally feel more creators should realize how important their protagonist is. Especially for a multi-game series. But I'm just not a fan of changing protagonists for stories like this and see no reason to.

Top Bottom