• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog next game is The Last of Us Part III

vivftp

which comes out first.......... last of us 3 or the last of us 2 multiplayer?

"the last of us 2 mutiplayer" isn't something that exists anymore and hasn't since around 2019/early 2020. Whatever was originally meant to be the MP for TLOU2 got spun off into its own stand alone thing and is considerably bigger than a tacked on MP mode.

To answer your question though, TLOU MP should come first, possibly as soon as early 2023 since we know Sony are launching 2 unannounced live service games before the end of March and Neil said we'd hear more about this game in 2023.

Doom85

Happy Fuck Yeah GIF by Stickers

If true, hell yeah!

kyliethicc

Screen-Shot-2022-12-13-at-7-16-08-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-12-13-at-7-16-22-PM.png

If you read their Twitter Bio's, its pretty obvious that theres multiple projects/directors going on at once. Neil and Kurt are likely directing 2 different projects.

New IP and TLOU 3.

I'd bet money on it
They're working on the same game.

Naughty Dog (and Insomniac) pairs creative director and game director.

Druckmann is the creative director, Margenau is game director.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Considering they are two of my favorite games of all time, and the second was significantly better than the first... I would like to see how it ends.

I think, like the original, Part II had an ambiguous enough ending that it could stand on its own, and just end there. However, it proved that if they feel like there's more story to tell, I want to see it from them.

Regardless of this being true or not, where or what story can they tell now? The only way they’d have been able to do a part 2 in the first place is due to what happens in the game early on……

Without that the story was pretty much done.

KXVXII9X

The first game is my favorite game of all and the second one had some of my favorite combat moments ever. The level design was also top tier and all I can do is groan. I want them to do something different. Either way, I have no doubt this will be a great game.

Aenima

Hope its false, as i want a new IP before TLOU3, and only way im spending money on a new TLOU is if thers a new cast.

Ah yes...Factions will stop when it's like a year away so the studio can get ahead an develop TLOU3 to be released in 4 years. Factions is now a 2030 title /s

Dont much care for Factions. Its been how long now since TLOU2 has launched and that multiplayer component is still nowhere to be seen. Most people forgot about it.

It is honestly so funny that people are complaining about them “milking” TLOU for a third game and then, in the same post, demanding a *SIXTH* Jak and Daxter game.

A Jak and Daxter game that no one would even buy, anyway.
Actually the worst part is that now people are having takes on what ND should be doing next when they never cared about ND games in the first place.

ProtoByte

I'm not prone to believing this. Leakers who cross over into unfamiliar territory are usually flimsy, this one's recently been wrong, and it would be so fucking stupid. Let the IP fucking breath. Do something fucking new.

I truthfully hope the show flops.

Doom85

It is honestly so funny that people are complaining about them “milking” TLOU for a third game and then, in the same post, demanding a *SIXTH* Jak and Daxter game.

A Jak and Daxter game that no one would even buy, anyway.

Or demanding a seventh Uncharted game (after 1-4, GA, and LL).

YukiOnna

Then I have no interest in Naughty Dog for the forseeable future, I hope it's fake.
I guess Uncharted really is being handled by the other studio so my attention is there.

nial

Gold Member
for anyone who is concerned, they will release it five months before the PS6 launch as per tradition

Madflavor

You know what? Good. Release it and get it over with so the gaming sphere as a whole can move the fuck on.

Flush that turd down the drain.

Top Bottom