• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog next game is The Last of Us Part III

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
After reading this thread I'd say that the most utilized sense is nonsense.
Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

mckmas8808

Banned
You're still missing my point. It's passive Progressive shit that I have and have always had a problem with. Obviously, I can't and don't want to speak for anyone but myself, so if you have past incidents with others that had negative outcomes based solely on your appearance, yeah, that's fucked. But it's also not my fault that it happened, and it's not fair to color your automatic assumptions of me based on a filter based on other people's actions. Something to think about.

But my issue, as I said, is using this shit for award bait. For the invention of awards for accessibility and just corporate reach arounds and gaming tabloid articles and it's ALL. SO. TRITE. I definitely feel like there's something slimy somewhere in TLOU's DNA. I can't put my finger on it, but something just feels MANUFACTURED. Someone mentioned a mask earlier. Never forget these companies aren't full of bruhs and allies first, they're filled with people with analytics about the best way to make a shiny product that people will buy. They don't care about your representation. They care that it's HOT right now.

Same way no one gave a shit back when titties and skulls and fires were the shit and it was the attitude Era of gaming. This bullshit is all cyclical.

It's clear you didn't mean harm by your snarky post. We'll just need to agree to disagree with the bolded though. There are many people that legit care about accessibility for those type of gamers. And it's unfair to say TLOU series is award bait. It's just a good game that the majority of people like. Like Elden Ring. It just happens to have something to say too. Not a big deal.

It feels to me like something has made you very cynical about stuff like this. Maybe reading too many comments on the Youtube section or reading too much social media BS that's going on. But in the real world, there are good people that care for others and the things they create. It's not all just suits and profits.

Thebonehead

Banned
I can see the opening scene now.

Ellie and Abby are sharing a prison cell.

"Let's play mummies and daddies", says Abby.

Ellie, whilst none too keen thinks to herself, that this can't be so bad can it?

Abby turns to Ellie and says, "Good choice. Now come suck mummies cock"

//DEVIL//

The last game I was excited about from Naughty dog was Uncharted 2. by then I got bored with Uncharted. I do not like Zombie games stuff so Last of Us is out ( just like the rest of zombie/horror / random scare jump games)

It seems the trend will continue. how I wished to get something like Jack and Daxter from them but Pixar quality game.....

but nope. it's a stupid last of us. oh well. at least it will look pretty.

maybe if these games ever come to PC ill use game trainer and god mode / unlimited ammo mode so I know I will not die no matter how much they try to jump-scare me lol.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
It's clear you didn't mean harm by your snarky post. We'll just need to agree to disagree with the bolded though. There are many people that legit care about accessibility for those type of gamers. And it's unfair to say TLOU series is award bait. It's just a good game that the majority of people like. Like Elden Ring. It just happens to have something to say too. Not a big deal.

It feels to me like something has made you very cynical about stuff like this. Maybe reading too many comments on the Youtube section or reading too much social media BS that's going on. But in the real world, there are good people that care for others and the things they create. It's not all just suits and profits.

I just see a pattern of artificial rise in interest of BIG SERIOUS TOPIC A and the entire industry becoming a checklist for people who judge on a pass/fail standard. I don't like feeling like I'm being told what to believe. I don't feeling like I'm being what to feel even less. And I especially don't like feeling lectured for 60 of my own dollars like a fucking clown.

But you're correct, harmless snark was intended. I'm not hateful. I AM cynical, you're right. But not hateful.

Absurd if true.

The series needs a rest. They've just launched a PS5 remake of the original, a TV series is on the way and they're still to release the Factions MP standalone game. How can they possibly think that the user base is gasping for more TLOU??!?!

I honestly struggle to believe this. I reckon they're probably throwing ideas around for it internally. But I cannot believe they've settled on this as their next major game unless their studio leadership has really lost the plot.

Freeman76

I hope this is true personally. Loved the first one, enjoyed the second even more. The TV series looks good as well so it makes sense they would do a third. Make it a trilogy and stop there.

But GAF told me TLOU2 was a huge flop after week one...why is Playstation greenlighting another game?

I'm confused...i thought they barely made their money back? hum...
Because studios (including film studios) often double down. I saw that they renewed the Quantum Leap reboot for a second season and that Rings of Power will get a second season too.

Also, the game is obviously not a huge flop - just a big underperformer in terms of sales.

aclar00

If they ever do one, i dont see it being a direct sequal to Part II, i think it would take place somewhere between Part I and II, with Joel alive in Jackson.

Oh and maybe a section where youre a young Abby and you have her do various weightlifting exercises. That would be nice

Kenpachii

TLOU makes sense because of the tv series. Something the witcher team also should have done.

Would be dumb to make anything else at this point.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Last of us part 1 over 20 million sales

Last of us part 2 over 12 million sales

Last of us part 3 over 6 million sales

....honestly just make it a bit shorter put loads more Abby in it, kill that annoying cow Ellie...or have it as a redemption ark where there is actual happiness and part 2 will just go down as the extremely dark sequel that sets up the "love" in humanity...

Deep down the majority of people want to be kind, and loving in this world...just emphasise that in a apocalyptic world.

Yes there will be plenty of dickheads in the world to kill still but, please make Abby and Ellies story a story of forgiveness, and some hope for the future and I think you've got a banger.

If its that morbid, everything's fucked, everyone dies shit from number 2 it can go to the shit pile for my liking.

Ellie was terrible in number two.

Team Abby for life!

mxbison

So much salt lmao

Yeah tons of TLOU salt recently with the HBO show and GOTY award count now. I don't think they'll ever get over it :)

Would've liked to see something new from Naughty Dog but whatever. The combat encounters in TLOU2 are the best in the genre, how could you now want to play another one.

K2D

Banned
This will turn into a videogame franchise á The Walking Dead . Each new title revealing new villains/antagonists that turn protagonist.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
You mean like hating a game because of how the character looks? Or does it only work the other way?

Haha, I don't think I've even stated what I think about the game (or series) in this thread at all yet, actually. You have informed insinuations, but that's all they are.

TonyK

TLOU I & II, together, are my favourite game of all time, they are pure perfection... but I want a new IP, Naughty. No Joel, not interested in further development of the story (same for you Santa Monica, if you kill Kratos forget Atreus, develop another IP).

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Not reading 4 pages, haven't they explicitly stated their next game is a fantasy one and we've already seen some concept art?

Banjo64

cumsessed
The studio is showing signs of creative bankruptcy. It will be hard to reverse the current culture, so if you miss PS3 ND it’s best to mourn now.

The first game will always stand on a pedestal.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Should be Jak and Daxter. None of the biggies except Nintendo do the 3D platformers these days it sucks.
None of the big companies do but Tinykin, A Hat in Time, Yooka Laylee, Kao the Kangaroo, Demon Turf etc are just as good (better in some cases). If current ND could even make Jak 4 (I don’t think they can) would anyone even like it if it was like 2 & 3? I know I wouldn’t.

Roufianos

Ugh, honestly I've lost all interest in this franchise. Didn't even finish the remake knowing where the story went in Part II.

Please do something new and more importantly, fun.

FingerBang

The Last of Us I and II are some of the best games I've ever played.

I hope this isn't true. The dogs should be working on a new IP.

They should remaster both parts with HBO series skins, for full price of course. Then remake Part II, this time exclusively for PS5. And then remaster Part I again with some of those remake improvements.

A Part3 would be okay in my book, but I'd rather have them make an all new IP.

I'm just tired of the Last of Us IP right now. Of course, I'm curious about their take on this independent Factions game which is said to have its own cast and story. Aside from that, I'd like to see them do a new IP because we are stuck with the Last of Us since PS3, and the same for Uncharted (that now they moved on from).

mdkirby

As much as I want a part 3, and for them to use it to wrap up the story, I realllllly hope they have another team working in parallel on something completely new, preferably something sci-fi/space themed.

Gambit2483

I played the TLOU2 when it launched for a few of hours but then stopped. After I was spoiled on the game I lost interest. I might go back though...did it ever recieve a next gen patch?

Top Bottom