• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2019/20 Regular Season |OT| Warriors......come out to play

cormack12

Gold Member
Still catching up on the last of pre-season.

Is there a godo NBA twitter account for NBA news but not spoilers for scores? Like wikihoops but for general day to day happenings?

cormack12

Gold Member
Dayum, just caught up with Blazers/Nuggets. Started quite well but still sacrificing too many easy 3 point opps. Killed us in the end. Whiteside looks decent, and I really like Harris from Nuggets. Disappointing start that though.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
In the offseason we lost Ralph Lawler AND Steve Buckhantz which makes watching random game more tedious than ever. They took my DAGGGGGGERRRRRRR away :messenger_loudly_crying:

Not to be a homer, but the Spurs might win it this year just because no one is paying them any attention and Pop is on a suicide mission.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
That Lakers vs Clippers loss was really disappointing. Hopefully they get a win this Friday... I remember starting last season 0-3.

Last edited:
After the Suns won by 25, the NBA decided that something was suspicious and decided to test everyone for PEDs. Ayton got busted for a diuretic, currently set to sit out 25 games.

Life is tough for a Suns fan.

Side note, the Warriors are getting pasted--when two of your main three cannons are gone, only so much you can do to fill the void. Though Russell looked good in what little I saw.

Dthomp

Well Celtics opener wasn't pretty. Some things to feel good about (Hayword didn't look insanely passive), good at times team defense, and the fact that we hung in with a better team that we don't match up with at all for around 44 of the 48 minutes.

We shot the ball like shit, missed a ton of free throws, and almost all our starters were in bad foul trouble. Hopefully we look more composed against Toronto Friday. This will likely be an up and down season at times, but from the opener, we really need a starting center. I like Kanter, I don't love him starting for us. Tatum needs to just be aggressive going to the basket. He looks like he makes up his mind he wants to shoot a 3 and will pump fake into oblivion until he finally just chucks. Ball movement was bad, not enough assists. Brown looked good for like the 5 minutes he actually played early in the game though....

Fuck yeah, beat probably the best team in the West this season coming off an OT in Denver.

Hope springs eternal in Phoenix.

So you think Phoenix would be the best?

Nah, I'm under no such delusion. They've got a good thing going, although the Ayton suspension definitely will hurt. I'd say they can compete for the lower playoff spots this season barring injury--they're on their way out of the laughingstock cellar, at the very least.

The best team is still the Clippers, methinks. The Warriors lost too much, Rockets have a volatile backcourt, Lakers don't have much depth, Spurs are in transition, Nuggets and Blazers don't quite swing the weight that the Clips do, Jazz I think need another piece.

But then, I'm just a regular joe on his computer. What do I really know lol

Nah, I'm under no such delusion. They've got a good thing going, although the Ayton suspension definitely will hurt. I'd say they can compete for the lower playoff spots this season barring injury--they're on their way out of the laughingstock cellar, at the very least.

The best team is still the Clippers, methinks. The Warriors lost too much, Rockets have a volatile backcourt, Lakers don't have much depth, Spurs are in transition, Nuggets and Blazers don't quite swing the weight that the Clips do, Jazz I think need another piece.

But then, I'm just a regular joe on his computer. What do I really know lol
Clippers get Leonard and Paul, they seem to be strong in the forward lines!

Hello everyone, thought I'd drop in. Watched basketball casually over the years but never got into it because the league has seemed a bit lopsided at points. From what I've read/heard, the league is more balanced this season and should be much more entertaining. I'm a big baseball guy (come say hello in the MLB thread if you're a fan!) but I'm usually bored shitless during the winter time and have nothing to watch.

Which brings me to why I'm here, anyone have league pass? I'm thinking about buying a subscription and just watching random games. But is it any good/worth the money? Also typically MLB.TV goes on sale for fathers day and you can get it at a decent price, is there a time of year where you can get league pass for a solid price (maybe black Friday?)

Anyway as long as it's not completely terrible I'll get a sub and join in the discussion here. Thanks!

Hello everyone, thought I'd drop in. Watched basketball casually over the years but never got into it because the league has seemed a bit lopsided at points. From what I've read/heard, the league is more balanced this season and should be much more entertaining. I'm a big baseball guy (come say hello in the MLB thread if you're a fan!) but I'm usually bored shitless during the winter time and have nothing to watch.

Which brings me to why I'm here, anyone have league pass? I'm thinking about buying a subscription and just watching random games. But is it any good/worth the money? Also typically MLB.TV goes on sale for fathers day and you can get it at a decent price, is there a time of year where you can get league pass for a solid price (maybe black Friday?)

Anyway as long as it's not completely terrible I'll get a sub and join in the discussion here. Thanks!
The atmosphere in the league has changed. In the 1980s its the idol air jordan superman time. In the 2000s it would be the one center and one guard two stars united to get the cup. But now it is 3 or more so called stars talked in the twitter to play together to win the cup. Do you agree?

Dthomp

Only caught the 4th quarter of Celtics/Bucks, but super impressed. This team doesn't look like a team that hates each other. Kemba is SOO much better for this team then Kyrie was. Hayword looks better with every game, this team gonna be dangerous to everybody other then Philly in the East.

Only caught the 4th quarter of Celtics/Bucks, but super impressed. This team doesn't look like a team that hates each other. Kemba is SOO much better for this team then Kyrie was. Hayword looks better with every game, this team gonna be dangerous to everybody other then Philly in the East.
Howard would play very good at the beginning of each season!

Sorry Its Hayword!

Celcius

°Temp. member
Looks like Kyle Kuzma is coming back this Friday :messenger_sunglasses:
The Lakers are looking good lately and I hope it continues.

They'll be lucky to win 20 games.

During times without Durant, team still played great with Green, Thompson, Curry.

Thompson is off, and the team looks like shit, even with Russell.

They lost their bench essentially as well--Iguodala and Livingston. That cannot be underestimated.

This year's one for the GS youngsters to develop--angle for a high pick, get Klay healthy, develop a new bench.

Signed up for league pass and all 3 games are blacked out in Canada tonight. Luckily it's a free trial but fuck that noise, I'll cancel in a couple days. I figured the raps games would be blacked out and a couple other national games but this is retarded.

finowns

Man, Kerr kept messing with Trump, the curse is real. Mavericks should have won that game. Porzingas disappeared.

Last edited:

caffeware

Banned
Eastern Conference
Team
1Philadelphia 76ersWins 4 Losses 0 Win Percentage 1.000 Games Behind - Conference Record 3 - and 0 Division Record 1 - and 0 Home Record 2 - and 0 Away Record 2 - and 0 Last Ten Record 4 - and 0 Win StreakW 4 Wins
2Miami HeatWins 4 Losses 1 Win Percentage .800 Games Behind 0.5 Conference Record 3 - and 0 Division Record 2 - and 0 Home Record 2 - and 0 Away Record 2 - and 1 Last Ten Record 4 - and 1 Win StreakW 2 Wins
3Boston CelticsWins 4 Losses 1 Win Percentage .800 Games Behind 0.5 Conference Record 4 - and 1 Division Record 3 - and 1 Home Record 3 - and 0 Away Record 1 - and 1 Last Ten Record 4 - and 1 Win StreakW 4 Wins
4Toronto RaptorsWins 4 Losses 1 Win Percentage .800 Games Behind 0.5 Conference Record 3 - and 1 Division Record 0 - and 1 Home Record 3 - and 0 Away Record 1 - and 1 Last Ten Record 4 - and 1 Win StreakW 3 Wins
5Milwaukee BucksWins 3 Losses 2 Win Percentage .600 Games Behind 1.5 Conference Record 2 - and 2 Division Record 1 - and 0 Home Record 1 - and 1 Away Record 2 - and 1 Last Ten Record 3 - and 2 Win StreakW 1 Wins
6Atlanta HawksWins 2 Losses 3 Win Percentage .400 Games Behind 2.5 Conference Record 2 - and 3 Division Record 1 - and 2 Home Record 1 - and 2 Away Record 1 - and 1 Last Ten Record 2 - and 3 Win StreakL 3 Losses
7Indiana PacersWins 2 Losses 3 Win Percentage .400 Games Behind 2.5 Conference Record 2 - and 3 Division Record 1 - and 3 Home Record 1 - and 1 Away Record 1 - and 2 Last Ten Record 2 - and 3 Win StreakW 2 Wins
8Orlando MagicWins 2 Losses 3 Win Percentage .400 Games Behind 2.5 Conference Record 2 - and 3 Division Record 0 - and 1 Home Record 2 - and 1 Away Record 0 - and 2 Last Ten Record 2 - and 3 Win StreakL 1 Losses
9Cleveland CavaliersWins 2 Losses 3 Win Percentage .400 Games Behind 2.5 Conference Record 2 - and 3 Division Record 2 - and 2 Home Record 2 - and 0 Away Record 0 - and 3 Last Ten Record 2 - and 3 Win StreakL 1 Losses
10Brooklyn NetsWins 2 Losses 3 Win Percentage .400 Games Behind 2.5 Conference Record 1 - and 1 Division Record 1 - and 0 Home Record 2 - and 2 Away Record 0 - and 1 Last Ten Record 2 - and 3 Win StreakW 1 Wins
11Charlotte HornetsWins 2 Losses 3 Win Percentage .400 Games Behind 2.5 Conference Record 1 - and 0 Division Record 0 - and 0 Home Record 1 - and 1 Away Record 1 - and 2 Last Ten Record 2 - and 3 Win StreakW 1 Wins
12Chicago BullsWins 2 Losses 4 Win Percentage .333 Games Behind 3.0 Conference Record 1 - and 4 Division Record 1 - and 1 Home Record 1 - and 1 Away Record 1 - and 3 Last Ten Record 2 - and 4 Win StreakW 1 Wins
13Detroit PistonsWins 2 Losses 4 Win Percentage .333 Games Behind 3.0 Conference Record 2 - and 4 Division Record 2 - and 1 Home Record 1 - and 2 Away Record 1 - and 2 Last Ten Record 2 - and 4 Win StreakL 2 Losses
14Washington WizardsWins 1 Losses 3 Win Percentage .250 Games Behind 3.0 Conference Record 0 - and 0 Division Record 0 - and 0 Home Record 0 - and 1 Away Record 1 - and 2 Last Ten Record 1 - and 3 Win StreakL 2 Losses
15New York KnicksWins 1 Losses 5 Win Percentage .167 Games Behind 4.0 Conference Record 1 - and 4 Division Record 0 - and 3 Home Record 1 - and 1 Away Record 0 - and 4 Last Ten Record 1 - and 5 Win StreakL 2 Losses
Western Conference
Team
1Los Angeles LakersWins 4 Losses 1 Win Percentage .800 Games Behind - Conference Record 3 - and 1 Division Record 0 - and 1 Home Record 3 - and 0 Away Record 1 - and 1 Last Ten Record 4 - and 1 Win StreakW 4 Wins
2San Antonio SpursWins 4 Losses 1 Win Percentage .800 Games Behind - Conference Record 2 - and 1 Division Record 0 - and 0 Home Record 3 - and 0 Away Record 1 - and 1 Last Ten Record 4 - and 1 Win StreakW 1 Wins
3Minnesota TimberwolvesWins 3 Losses 1 Win Percentage .750 Games Behind 0.5 Conference Record 0 - and 0 Division Record 0 - and 0 Home Record 1 - and 0 Away Record 2 - and 1 Last Ten Record 3 - and 1 Win StreakL 1 Losses
4Utah JazzWins 4 Losses 2 Win Percentage .667 Games Behind 0.5 Conference Record 4 - and 2 Division Record 1 - and 0 Home Record 3 - and 0 Away Record 1 - and 2 Last Ten Record 4 - and 2 Win StreakL 1 Losses
5LA ClippersWins 4 Losses 2 Win Percentage .667 Games Behind 0.5 Conference Record 3 - and 2 Division Record 2 - and 1 Home Record 3 - and 0 Away Record 1 - and 2 Last Ten Record 4 - and 2 Win StreakW 1 Wins
6Denver NuggetsWins 3 Losses 2 Win Percentage .600 Games Behind 1.0 Conference Record 3 - and 2 Division Record 1 - and 0 Home Record 1 - and 1 Away Record 2 - and 1 Last Ten Record 3 - and 2 Win StreakL 2 Losses
7Portland Trail BlazersWins 3 Losses 2 Win Percentage .600 Games Behind 1.0 Conference Record 3 - and 2 Division Record 1 - and 1 Home Record 0 - and 1 Away Record 3 - and 1 Last Ten Record 3 - and 2 Win StreakW 1 Wins
8Dallas MavericksWins 3 Losses 2 Win Percentage .600 Games Behind 1.0 Conference Record 2 - and 2 Division Record 1 - and 0 Home Record 1 - and 2 Away Record 2 - and 0 Last Ten Record 3 - and 2 Win StreakL 1 Losses
9Phoenix SunsWins 3 Losses 2 Win Percentage .600 Games Behind 1.0 Conference Record 3 - and 2 Division Record 3 - and 0 Home Record 2 - and 1 Away Record 1 - and 1 Last Ten Record 3 - and 2 Win StreakW 1 Wins
10Houston RocketsWins 3 Losses 2 Win Percentage .600 Games Behind 1.0 Conference Record 2 - and 0 Division Record 1 - and 0 Home Record 2 - and 1 Away Record 1 - and 1 Last Ten Record 3 - and 2 Win StreakL 1 Losses
11Memphis GrizzliesWins 1 Losses 3 Win Percentage .250 Games Behind 2.5 Conference Record 0 - and 1 Division Record 0 - and 0 Home Record 1 - and 1 Away Record 0 - and 2 Last Ten Record 1 - and 3 Win StreakL 1 Losses
12Oklahoma City ThunderWins 1 Losses 4 Win Percentage .200 Games Behind 3.0 Conference Record 1 - and 3 Division Record 0 - and 2 Home Record 1 - and 2 Away Record 0 - and 2 Last Ten Record 1 - and 4 Win StreakL 2 Losses
13Golden State WarriorsWins 1 Losses 4 Win Percentage .200 Games Behind 3.0 Conference Record 1 - and 4 Division Record 0 - and 2 Home Record 0 - and 3 Away Record 1 - and 1 Last Ten Record 1 - and 4 Win StreakL 2 Losses
14New Orleans PelicansWins 1 Losses 4 Win Percentage .200 Games Behind 3.0 Conference Record 1 - and 3 Division Record 0 - and 2 Home Record 1 - and 2 Away Record 0 - and 2 Last Ten Record 1 - and 4 Win StreakW 1 Wins
15Sacramento KingsWins 1 Losses 5 Win Percentage .167 Games Behind 3.5 Conference Record 1 - and 4 Division Record 0 - and 1 Home Record 1 - and 3 Away Record 0 - and 2 Last Ten Record 1 - and 5 Win StreakW 1

Pretty happy with the Celtics, they're playing some really good defense and moving the ball well on offense even when shots aren't falling. Smarf might just be my favorite player of all time.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Lol the Jazz are basically the guy that lost to Glass Joe
emwIIYm.png

cormack12

Gold Member
Just caught up with the games against Kings and Mavs. Good wins for theblazers there. Mavs was a tight game and Doncic is a beast of a player. Still not a fan of how slow we start or the three pointers we concede and stand off. Dame and CJ come into their own 3rd qrter though so *shrug*

Celcius

°Temp. member
Lebron was looking like an MVP last night and definitely the best player in the game still. That monster slam, those passes, the scoring, the defense. He was hustling, getting steals, taking charges, and locked in on defense all game. A triple double overall and it was great to see him looking so aggressive out there.

Top Bottom