• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2020-2021 Regular Season lOTl

caffeware

Banned
a8by.jpg

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
THT from the Lakers looking like a serious steal...
He's a great player for his age, next year he's going to be a really good role player. This year he'll get all the experience he needs to make that next step forward. Fool has a 7'0 wingspan for a 6'4 guard too. That's a rare advantage to have given his size

Hinedorf

Banned
Kyrie taking the front running position for easiest player to hate with a strong second from Harden

The only question is who will sandbag the most?!

Hinedorf

Banned
Waiting for news on that Harden trade, god if KD ends up with both those nuts on his team I can't wait for the post season meltdown where Kyrie no shows due to injury and Harden no shows on the defensive end and KD can't score enough or keep the ball out of Harden's hands

tenor.gif

Thomish

NBA definitely going to be fun to watch this season. Another year of superstars gathering to defeat LeBron, with all the side stories of KD/Kyrie/Harden happening, Chef Curry continues to be on holiday, and Kawhi just shaking his head at it all...

I'm ready.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Hopefully Harden can get himself back in shape quickly and Kyrie starts showing up.
IF KD wins a ring with this team then I no longer think it's going to prove what he wanted it to prove.
I think the season would have been more interesting to see what KD + Kyrie could have achieved but I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes.
I also look forward to seeing what Steve Nash's coaching is like in the playoffs.
This will be an interesting season. Another thing I'm wondering about is the health of the team locker room given all the drama that some of the players on this team seem to attract.

I remember reading that Kyrie wasn't happy about a possible Harden trade.
Do you think they will gel well?

I dunno man, hard to tell..its no secret this dudes a straight up problem. Having Issues or someone else's fault at Cavs, Boston now Brooklyn ?!
He's clearly dealing with something from within that only he knows how to tackle it.

As a teammate tho, I think his actions speaks for itself, IMO.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The NBA is fascinating.

That Nets team is the greatest offensive team ever assembled. 4 lights out 3 point shooters and DeAndre Jordan.

Defensively they're going to struggle but that probably won't matter because of their perimeter shooting.

Gonna be interesting to see how much defense and chemistry matter compared to scoring.

Lebron has got to be hoping Kyrie gets admitted to a psyche ward or injury of some kind. I don't think Lakers can compete.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
The NBA is fascinating.

That Nets team is the greatest offensive team ever assembled. 4 lights out 3 point shooters and DeAndre Jordan.

Defensively they're going to struggle but that probably won't matter because of their perimeter shooting.

Gonna be interesting to see how much defense and chemistry matter compared to scoring.
I wonder how the pecking order will go on that team? Durant is sort of taking a backseat and Kyrie is going off each night he’s played, just playing really well. But now Harden, arguably the best offensive player in the regular season since Kobe or Jordan will be demanding the ball. Is Harden still going be able to average in the 30s now?

Nets are going to be an absolute nightmare to defend at their best. Offensive power of that team is now equivalent to the Kobe/Shaq Lakers dynasty days early 2000s

Mista

Banned
This season started weird. Glad the Rockets traded Harden because whatever you do, you’re not bigger than the team you’re playing in. Now Kyrie, KD, and Harden on the same team. Good luck to Steve Nash in trying to control the ego. All of the three have attitude and ego problems

The NBA is fascinating.

Lebron has got to be hoping Kyrie gets admitted to a psyche ward or injury of some kind. I don't think Lakers can compete.
the Nets are gonna look like last year's Rockets. a perimeter shooting team with not much else.

Lakers have the perimeter defenders in Caruso, KCP, and THT. Lebron and KD will basically cancel each other out. AD though, he is a beast and no one can guard him. AD has also improved every faccet of his game this year including 3 point shooting.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
the Nets are gonna look like last year's Rockets. a perimeter shooting team with not much else.

Lakers have the perimeter defenders in Caruso, KCP, and THT. Lebron and KD will basically cancel each other out. AD though, he is a beast and no one can guard him. AD has also improved every faccet of his game this year including 3 point shooting.

Last year the Rockets closed with 4 three point shooters and Russell Westbrook.

This year the Nets will close with 4 three point shooters and DeAndre.

- The Nets 3 pt shooters are objectively (though only slightly) better at hitting 3s.

- The problems that plagued the Rockets small ball lineup (rebounding, rim protection) are vastly improved with KD and DeAndres defense, length.

- The Rockets offense was predictable as it was just drive and dish with Harden or Westbrook. The Nets have 3 elite iso players who can do it all on offense.

As a LeBron fan, I'm hoping Kyrie is certifiably nuts right now.

Seems like a lot of people are missing the fact that KD, Harden, and (especially) Kyrie are all head cases. I'm thinking this trade was made as more of an insurance policy in case Kyrie continues to be a weirdo all year than anything.

On paper they're amazing, but this isn't 2K. It's going to be constant drama and I can't wait.

Mista

Banned
Seems like a lot of people are missing the fact that KD, Harden, and (especially) Kyrie are all head cases. I'm thinking this trade was made as more of an insurance policy in case Kyrie continues to be a weirdo all year than anything.

On paper they're amazing, but this isn't 2K. It's going to be constant drama and I can't wait.
Exactly! That’s what I’ve been saying

Good luck to Steve Nash

Dthomp

And they won't. Watch the problems they'll have now

Yeah I don't see this trio working on the court. Too many egos, and all want the ball (Especially Kyrie and James). They now have to fully rely on vets signing minimum contract deals to stand around and watch them all dribble since they are all ISO ball players at heart. No picks to deal or any other talent to deal to kind of better the team. Bad shooting nights will get them blown out thanks to the negative defense they will play. End of the day, they are a playoff team because the NBA is pathetic with super teams at this point, but I don't see them doing alot of damage without some sort of miracle of depth coming in after buyouts.

I swore I read the NBA wants to expand again...I just shake my head, it's already hard enough to get players to stay on teams they are drafted on without running to super teams after their first deal, how is adding two more teams to be dumpster teams going to help anything?

Cutty Flam

Banned
I think Harden and KD are going to play amazingly well. Kyrie has never struck me as one who can get it done. In 2016, he managed but every year before that and after he has not shown he can be the alpha

If the team suffers I am predicting it is solely at the hands of Kyrie. He’s the main ball handler and dictates the offensive flow. We’ll see how he handles a new teammate who can not only score as well as him, but completely dominate a team’s best defenders in any given night. I think if Harden and KD are fed, and Kyrie has no issues dishing the ball, then the Nets are going to flourish

A lot rests on how Kyrie intends to move forward and lead. James Harden and Kevin Durant are 100% able to let their teammates do their thing and take a back seat, this was clear in the past. But now, both players are way too lethal offensively to be letting back at all. I think it needs to be a 1-2 punch and Kyrie will need to mastermind his game to fit as the third option. It shouldn’t be an issue as this takes a lot of pressure off him to score but we’ll see how it’s all handled

Mista

Banned
I think Harden and KD are going to play amazingly well. Kyrie has never struck me as one who can get it done. In 2016, he managed but every year before that and after he has not shown he can be the alpha
Kyrie is among the top 5 if not top 3 PG’s in the league. What are you saying man??

Cutty Flam

Banned
Kyrie is among the top 5 if not top 3 PG’s in the league. What are you saying man??
Right now he’s playing spectacular basketball but I’m saying how long will it last before he gets injured again? Or if he doesn’t get injured, how long until his inflated ego causes strife within the locker room? He’s one my favorite point guards, I love watching the dude play, but I’m still going to be questioning if he can get it done until I see him make it happen without LeBron James. His mind is never focused entirely on basketball I have noticed. And in this league, that’s the kind of mindset you need to win. Someone who can’t stop thinking about the game plan, improving. I’m not questioning his game, I’m questioning his outlook on the game and how deep his dedication is

He has a great team and the guy goes AWOL this early into the season...there are some question marks around this guy’s ability to lead. He might not even be available to play at all if he does not take care of himself per usual. We will see how bad he wants to win

RNK

Harden is the equivalent of Westbrook, as far as dominating the ball. We all know how much KD liked playing with Westbrook...

Mista

Banned
Right now he’s playing spectacular basketball but I’m saying how long will it last before he gets injured again? Or if he doesn’t get injured, how long until his inflated ego causes strife within the locker room? He’s one my favorite point guards, I love watching the dude play, but I’m still going to be questioning if he can get it done until I see him make it happen without LeBron James. His mind is never focused entirely on basketball I have noticed. And in this league, that’s the kind of mindset you need to win. Someone who can’t stop thinking about the game plan, improving. I’m not questioning his game, I’m questioning his outlook on the game and how deep his dedication is

He has a great team and the guy goes AWOL this early into the season...there are some question marks around this guy’s ability to lead. He might not even be available to play at all if he does not take care of himself per usual. We will see how bad he wants to win
I understand you now. Yes Kyrie proved that he can’t be a leader 3 times now. Once with the Cav before Lebron, then with the Celtics and now with the Nets. He’s a deadly player no doubt but he can’t lead a team at all.

Hinedorf

Banned
2 out of the 3 Nets stars have already sustained massive injuries in their career and now they got to do more heavy lifting on the defensive side than they've ever been accustomed to.

Nets could beat anybody, I bet health is what does them in before it's all said and done.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I understand you now. Yes Kyrie proved that he can’t be a leader 3 times now. Once with the Cav before Lebron, then with the Celtics and now with the Nets. He’s a deadly player no doubt but he can’t lead a team at all.
Can’t lead a team that we’ve seen so far. But when he was playing in CLE that 2015-2016 season he played like a God. They wouldn’t have won that year had it not been for Kyrie. LeBron won the Finals MVP and rightfully so but Kyrie was the catalyst that scored some of the most crucial timely buckets I’ve seen late in games. He honestly should be considered the co-Finals MVP for that series versus the Warriors

If Kyrie can remain healthy and gain some momentum, his talent and ability should take the Nets far into the playoffs past most except the Celtics, Philly, possibly the Bucks, I don’t believe in the Raptors this year at all so I think they’ll get beat. But those teams will be the ones to test them the most. I can see a great battle between ATL and BKN in the playoff, that would be exciting to watch

Top Bottom