• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2020-2021 Regular Season lOTl

Cutty Flam

Banned
That was a good game, Lakers @ 76ers
Doc choosing not to review that charge that went against Tobias Harris lol. It's pretty bad watching Simmons. He could be a god among men, the next to lead an era w/ Luka if he would just open up his range some. He's almost 100% layups still, has an okay floater from about 10-12 feet when he can get in the lane

Banned
So tired of Lebron James. Talk about a shovel of shit driving this dude down our throats.
Who’s with me

caffeware

Banned
EtZqEL_XcAI7oko

Cutty Flam

Banned

LeBron doesn't approve of this year's All-Star game. Not sure how I feel about that. It's one more game, you're getting paid to play in this business, it's hardly even a game tbh more of a celebration to put on a show for the fans and show off a little bit on offense for 20-30 minutes if you're a superstar. Defense is minimal. And the players are probably protected from fans being anywhere near them as it has been. I think he's just complaining here. Thoughts on this?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

LeBron doesn't approve of this year's All-Star game. Not sure how I feel about that. It's one more game, you're getting paid to play in this business, it's hardly even a game tbh more of a celebration to put on a show for the fans and show off a little bit on offense for 20-30 minutes if you're a superstar. Defense is minimal. And the players are probably protected from fans being anywhere near them as it has been. I think he's just complaining here. Thoughts on this?

Lebron starting to sound like Paris Hilton.

caffeware

Banned

I do'nt get Lebron sometimes. Didn't he wanted to quit the bubble last season mid way?

Cutty Flam

Banned
Jerami Grant is no joke this season. It feels like Coach Malone and the Denver staff breed them differently over their in their camp...Malik Beasley was averaging like what maybe 19-20 minutes in Denver and now he's the second best scorer in Minnesota now when KAT is playing. Jerami Grant didn't have an incredible season in Denver but he was playing alright. Now that they're both in positions to lead, getting those high 20s, mid 30s minutes every game they're proving to be excellent players. Grant especially has been playing very impressive basketball this season, based on the small samples I have seen

Had to watch it three times, that was amazing

Ian Henry

My New Jersey Nets....are a wildcard. One point they having a good streak, the next it's been losing left to right. KD's protocol B.S. is keeping him out of games too. Caris, Jarret, and TP are gone unfortunately. Samurai Jie and Chiozza are still there. Same with TLC but Spencer is injured for the whole season. Surprisngly, they're #3 in the EC standings. So I hope there is room for improvement. Bowen is not bad as I thought he would be. They need to trade DeAndre cause his old ass been getting clipped in the paint

The Tampa Bay Raptors are having comeback. Fred's been balling, Norman & OG are valuable depth, Flynn has been exceeding expectations as a rookie. Lowry is the one that really continues to amaze me. This dude is 35 and still putting up All Star numbers. A dope leader, he's not called the Bull Dog of the East for a reason.
Spicy P is a ?. Who knows what is going on with him. He gonna get it together, but he's reminding me of Aaron Gordon tbh. Speaking of the Magic, that rivalry is underrated but history won't look on it with any care due to Magic being the usual 8th seed. Not too bad but not too good either. Your average team. Vucevic is one of the best centers imo(Should have sign with the Raptors, instead of Aaron Baynes🤢). Back to Raptors, when playoffs come around, I will not be surprised if they take a round to 7 games. These guys are always hella competitive and an upset is is not far off. Defensive and gritty as hell.

One team that I'm surprised is not getting mentioned or any love is the Indiana Pacers. Sabonis is clearly their anchor and focal point. Dude has been putting in that work, his absence during the bubble was missed. He ain't his daddy but he dope. I wish Oladipo was still on the team, he wasn't injured and he was playing decently with them. I guess it was a good call, given he probably was going to sign somewhere else in the offseason. Warren in injuries and my casanova Levert has been having a recovery. Malcolm is still banking in numbers and Justin Holiday not too bad. Myles Turner is idk at this point. The fact that people wanted the Celtics to trade for him made me skeptical. If he wants to show out and be apart of that Big Man resurgence then he has got to show out. Embiid and Jokic are MVP candidates and proving that they can holding it down. Why can't he do the same. I hope this team gets fully healthy so that their potential can be seen.

Cutty Flam

Banned
It was so tough watching Dallas vs Portland last night. Both those teams were playing such horrendous basketball. Damian Lillard is an outstanding player but he’s destined to get smoked his entire career going forward. Can just see it. Dallas has such pitiful offense and defense that I can’t bear to watch them hardly. Luka creates everything for these guys, spoon feeds them and get things going but none of them can spark anything for themselves it seems. Their defense was bad last year, but without Seth it looks like the offense has somehow gotten exponentially worse. Luka and Kristaps have to kill it, and THJ has to show up which is is hit or miss it seems, and then they have a chance but if any of those guys doesn’t play well the team seems like it’s doomed. Nobody besides those three guys have much to give from what I’ve seen

As for the Lakers, just rest AD. One month, two months, whatever he needs. I’d rather see him rest and be healthy and the Lakers battle for 8th seed than to risk him losing the season to injury and having zero chance of winning. It’s achilles tendinosis, let him rest for a month or two at least is what needs to be done. Why risk the achilles? He snaps that up, then we’re looking at 12-14 months of minimal basketball activity in comparison. Staff better play this one right if they’re smart

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
It was so tough watching Dallas vs Portland last night. Both those teams were playing such horrendous basketball. Damian Lillard is an outstanding player but he’s destined to get smoked his entire career going forward. Can just see it. Dallas has such pitiful offense and defense that I can’t bear to watch them hardly. Luka creates everything for these guys, spoon feeds them and get things going but none of them can spark anything for themselves it seems. Their defense was bad last year, but without Seth it looks like the offense has somehow gotten exponentially worse. Luka and Kristaps have to kill it, and THJ has to show up which is is hit or miss it seems, and then they have a chance but if any of those guys doesn’t play well the team seems like it’s doomed. Nobody besides those three guys have much to give from what I’ve seen

As for the Lakers, just rest AD. One month, two months, whatever he needs. I’d rather see him rest and be healthy and the Lakers battle for 8th seed than to risk him losing the season to injury and having zero chance of winning. It’s achilles tendinosis, let him rest for a month or two at least is what needs to be done. Why risk the achilles? He snaps that up, then we’re looking at 12-14 months of minimal basketball activity in comparison. Staff better play this one right if they’re smart
How is Luka so good at driving to the hoop successfully when he isn't really the fastest, strongest or most athletic guy on the court.... he is driving on people much quicker then he is

Cutty Flam

Banned
How is Luka so good at driving to the hoop successfully when he isn't really the fastest, strongest or most athletic guy on the court.... he is driving on people much quicker then he is
Quick first step. His basketball IQ or what he knows handles the rest. He’s 6’8 I think, definitely a big dude, seems decently strong as well but could use a more rigorous training routine come this off season. It all comes down to how he uses the “Rocker Move” and takes off from there. If you master that move, and attack with aggression after getting that step ahead of your defender it’s game over unless the help comes along. Even players 6’3 and under, hell even players as small as JJ Barea at like 5’10 or IT at 5’9 or whatever, those guys get by using the same thing. Luka in general has an outstanding feel for the game. The way he reads the floor, reacts, can anticipate, make plays on the fly out of nowhere; that comes from bein a student of the game. Playing long and hard, studying the game and perfecting your craft. I also have noticed that he doesn’t like to give a single inch even for a moment. Kid is a winner. Depends all on what Cuban can do. Let’s see if Cuban fucks this up and forces Luka to leave Dallas, or if he can find ways to bring in the talent needed to win

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Quick first step. His basketball IQ or what he knows handles the rest. He’s 6’8 I think, definitely a big dude, seems decently strong as well but could use a more rigorous training routine come this off season. It all comes down to how he uses the “Rocker Move” and takes off from there. If you master that move, and attack with aggression after getting that step ahead of your defender it’s game over unless the help comes along. Even players 6’3 and under, hell even players as small as JJ Barea at like 5’10 or IT at 5’9 or whatever, those guys get by using the same thing. Luka in general has an outstanding feel for the game. The way he reads the floor, reacts, can anticipate, make plays on the fly out of nowhere; that comes from bein a student of the game. Playing long and hard, studying the game and perfecting your craft. I also have noticed that he doesn’t like to give a single inch even for a moment. Kid is a winner. Depends all on what Cuban can do. Let’s see if Cuban fucks this up and forces Luka to leave Dallas, or if he can find ways to bring in the talent needed to win
could you imagine Luka and Jokic on the same team

bender

What time is it?

He has an arsenal of moves and once he gets you on his hip, you aren't getting back in front of him because he's so big and so smart.

could you imagine Luka and Jokic on the same team

While they are both talented passers I'm not sure the pairing works. I love how much ball movement Denver uses utilizing Jokic. With Luka, he dominates the ball to break down the defense to either get to the basket, shoot an open shot or pass to an open shooter. The more I watch Luka, the more I'm convinced that he doesn't need a second star but instead a cast of RoCo, Smarts, Tuckers, etc. as running mates. He does need a secondary ball-handler/playmaker but most everyone needs to be 3D to suit his skillset the best...at least in this stage of his career.

Last edited:

Rickyiez

Them Euro steps at its best .

Would like Luka to come LA when Bron retired :messenger_smirking:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Raps on fire. Started 2-8. Now 16-15 and tied with INdy for the 4th/5th spot.

Not sure whats wrong with Bucks but they are doing bad this year (relatively speaking). If Raps can win a few more and Bucks lose a couple, Raps will be 3rd. Unbelievable.

Raps need a decent centre. Baynes is shit. Using Siakim as a centre is working lately though.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Raps on fire. Started 2-8. Now 16-15 and tied with INdy for the 4th/5th spot.

Not sure whats wrong with Bucks but they are doing bad this year (relatively speaking). If Raps can win a few more and Bucks lose a couple, Raps will be 3rd. Unbelievable.

Raps need a decent centre. Baynes is shit. Using Siakim as a centre is working lately though.
Norman Powell is becoming the man over there. Took him a while but now he’s putting together some great games

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
203999.png

this dude is a straight up anomaly to me.....he's slow, can barely jump, has like all of 15 dunks in his whole career. yet he's virtually unguardable and almost always makes his shit (despite a bad game he had yesterday)

and yet is one of the greatest, most unique big men i have ever seen, Him amd Embiid are the best centers since Shaq, straight up

Orpheum

Suns just quietly won 12 out of their last 14.

I honestly can't believe it. It feels like being out of a toxic relationship unable to trust

Cutty Flam

Banned
LeBron with the sissy foul to give Westbrook the And1 for the win of course. That pissed me off so badly. Completely lax on the very last play of the game for the Wizards. Fuck man..

Bradley Beal is too damn good. The Wizards basically tried to do it without him like 7 out of the 9 minutes or so he was in for the 4th and he casually just dominates whenever he gets the ball, it’s not even an issue for him. One tough player, that dude

Glad to see Quinn Cook got waived after the game though. I’m surprised it wasn’t done sooner tbh. But two spots are now available, Pelinka is about to make a move soon I think

Cutty Flam

Banned

Utah Jazz either have the GOAT pick n roll going on over there this season or the Lakers have nothing on the great teams with AD out. Think it's a little bit of both after what I've seen but the Jazz are looking extremely good

Utah Jazz either have the GOAT pick n roll going on over there this season or the Lakers have nothing on the great teams with AD out. Think it's a little bit of both after what I've seen but the Jazz are looking extremely good

If the Jazz making 3s at this clip, they will be in the finals. But I think there will be a correction at some point. Probably in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom