• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2021-2022 Regular Season and Playoffs lOTl

Who will win the NBA Championship?

• Nuggets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wizards

• Bulls

• Jazz

• Cavaliers

• 76ers

• Grizzlies

• Trailblazers

• Hornets

• Thunder

• Celtics

• Kings

• Spurs

• Pacers

• Hawks

• Total voters

Cutty Flam

Banned
Congratulations to the Milwaukee Bucks for their impressive run during the 2020-2021 NBA Season; the Milwaukee Bucks are your 2021 NBA Champions

Who will be the team to claim the Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy this season? Can the reigning champs repeat?

Key Dates:

• Feb. 10: NBA Trade Deadline (3 p.m. ET)
  • Feb. 18-20: NBA All-Star 2022 (Cleveland, OH)
  • Feb. 18-23: NBA All-Star break
  • March 1: Playoff Eligibility Waiver Deadline
  • April 10: Regular Season ends
  • April 11: Rosters set for NBA Playoffs 2022 (3 p.m. ET)
  • April 12-15: NBA Play-In Tournament
  • April 16: NBA Playoffs 2022 begin
  • May 2-3: Conference Semifinals begin (possible move up to April 30/May 1)
  • May 17: NBA Draft Lottery 2022 presented by State Farm
  • May 17-18: Conference Finals begin (possible move up to May 15-16)
  • June 2: NBA Finals 2022 begin
  • June 19: The Finals 2022 latest possible date
  • June 23: NBA Draft 2022 presented by State Farm
This could be the year of the Knicks :messenger_sunglasses:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Huge fight between LeBron and Isaiah Stewart almost broke out at Little Caesar's Arena in Detroit

A lot of blood on the floor from a blatant elbow dished out by LeBron

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Nice thread!!!!

I think last year was a breath of fresh air to have two new teams in teh finals and a new winner.

Although I am a Warriors fan I am super surprised at the depth they have shown this year. They are looking dangerous.

Also the Suns! Were great last year but they have won 12 in a row, holy shit!

Lakers are looking pretty mediocre, even with Lebron, lets see if they can turn it around.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
I think the LAL will turn it around, but by how much? I have no idea. Each win I’ve seen hasn’t been convincing in the slightest, but a win’s a win regardless. Also, I have no fucking idea why Fizdale became our assistant coach other than being LeBron’s boy. His work with the Knicks was pitiful and should be blackballed from the NBA just like Luke Walton should be tbh. Two horrendous coaches. Luke got fired yesterday as well

SpiceRacz

Voted the Nets in the poll. I feel like if Harden can get his game to a higher level as the year goes on, that team is going to be really hard to beat in a 7 game series. Aldridge has been playing surprisingly well for them this year too.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Only teams to take seriously for a serious title run are bucks, heat, nets, and lakers. Heat develop players, Bucks starting point is focusing on the MVP, Nets are the other eastern choice, lakers are still there in the title talk, LeBron responds to fights, injuries etc. beautifully, the lakers are structured for a deep playoff run.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I just recently came across Luka Doncic at a grocery store..😀
Definitely felt some of that Luka magic, baby!
happy luka doncic GIF by NBA

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Was his mom accompanying by any chance ? :messenger_grinning_sweat:
There was a woman with him, but I have no idea if it was his mother. She looked relatively young.
I didn't recognize him at first, as he was wearing a hat and mask, but my friend pointed him out and compared his tattoos to an online photo, to confirm it was indeed him.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Mavs paid more for Bullock than Caruso. MBT are fucking idiots.
Yea, it makes no sense. Why would you pass on an athletic defensive stalwart who can run your offense and hit shots when open in crucial games? I don't know the Mavs situation and how they went about their signings but it's clear that the Lakers fucked up by not locking down Caruso. Proven champion, works well with the team, extremely pesky defender who can put on the clamps, larger build type guard who can present problems when teams relax...It's the same thing this year with Caruso as it was with Dwight last year when they didn't re-sign him. Why would you let go of players who can defend at an elite level? It just makes zero sense

bender

What time is it?
Yea, it makes no sense. Why would you pass on an athletic defensive stalwart who can run your offense and hit shots when open in crucial games? I don't know the Mavs situation and how they went about their signings but it's clear that the Lakers fucked up by not locking down Caruso. Proven champion, works well with the team, extremely pesky defender who can put on the clamps, larger build type guard who can present problems when teams relax...It's the same thing this year with Caruso as it was with Dwight last year when they didn't re-sign him. Why would you let go of players who can defend at an elite level? It just makes zero sense

Dwight Howard and McGee piss me off when they made peanuts on the Lakers. Mavs went with WCS and then resigned him at almost double what Howard made/makes. Fuck the MBT.

Toots

Gold Member
There was a woman with him, but I have no idea if it was his mother. She looked relatively young.
I didn't recognize him at first, as he was wearing a hat and mask, but my friend pointed him out and compared his tattoos to an online photo, to confirm it was indeed him.
Always cool to see someone great in person !
I jokingly asked about his mom because she's quite the milf :
Doncic-mom.png

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Always cool to see someone great in person !
I jokingly asked about his mom because she's quite the milf :
Doncic-mom.png
Wow! I heard Luka's mom was attractive, but HOT DAMN!

Nah, I didn't see her, unfortunately..:(

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Mate I'd contribute the hell out of this thread if i liked nba a bit more.. i miss the 90s...

From the very little I've heard about this season i think golden state might be coming back?

Ya they are legit. Best defense in the league, very deep. Make too many turnovers but besides that they should go far. Right now they have the best record in the league with Suns right behind them

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Warriors vs Suns up next. Could be a western conference finals preview.

Tough loss for the warriors but nice win for the suns. Apparently the warriors played really sloppy. A lot of turnovers.

They really have to get better on that.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Tough loss for the warriors but nice win for the suns. Apparently the warriors played really sloppy. A lot of turnovers.

They really have to get better on that.
I had a chance to glance at some plays and catch a few minutes overall from the second half and Crowder seemed to have made a few good timely plays. Don’t take my word for it, wasn’t able to properly watch, but I did see him knock down a couple shots. The Suns entire roster can contribute in impactful ways. They all play like vets. Monty Williams is the ultimate leader, it’s only a matter of time before they’re deep in the playoffs competing hard again. I think Suns win it all, but only if Booker is ready to score a bit more this year. CP3 isn’t the guy to takeover late in a series. He can, but it’s not something he’s consistently done over the course of his career. It would be great to see Booker take that next step and become the league’s next dominant shooting guard

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I had a chance to glance at some plays and catch a few minutes overall from the second half and Crowder seemed to have made a few good timely plays. Don’t take my word for it, wasn’t able to properly watch, but I did see him knock down a couple shots. The Suns entire roster can contribute in impactful ways. They all play like vets. Monty Williams is the ultimate leader, it’s only a matter of time before they’re deep in the playoffs competing hard again. I think Suns win it all, but only if Booker is ready to score a bit more this year. CP3 isn’t the guy to takeover late in a series. He can, but it’s not something he’s consistently done over the course of his career. It would be great to see Booker take that next step and become the league’s next dominant shooting guard

Ya I wasnt able to watch but it seems that it was a very scrappy game with a playoff feel. I have to think that if Curry shot better (he was 4 for 22??) the Warriors would have won or would have at least had a better showing, and they only lost by 8.

Will be nice to get Igudala and Lee back, not even counting on Thompson and Wiseman yet.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Mate I'd contribute the hell out of this thread if i liked nba a bit more.. i miss the 90s...

From the very little I've heard about this season i think golden state might be coming back?
I’m a huge fan of those days too. 90s through like mid 2000s basketball was some of my favorite to watch. The league now is flooded with stars. Each team has like two phenomenal players and two other great players. Has to be like that if your team expects to win, all the players are so talented now. Steph in 2015 basically changed the game, Steph and Klay, Steve Kerr put their stamp on the game and Warriors have shown what elite perimeter dominance can do for your squad. Sort of saw the signs coming as early as 2011. In 2014 it was Curry putting in the work like a maniac in the summer evidently because in 2015? That guy was walking on water, my friend. Took the game to new heights. 2015-2018 when the Warriors battled LeBron’s Cavs was some excellent basketball, great rivalry. Who would have thought that 6’3 Steph Curry could dominate the game’s greatest physical specimen since Wilt / Malone? The game if basketball itself is in an excellent place, it’s just that some of the players are kinda soft. It’s a different product now, but the game is as competitive as it’s ever been. Anything can happen now. The players are just that fucking good tbh, you never know what can happen in these games anymore. A 20 point lead can dissipate like that, can be erased in four to five minutes. Players in the NBA today are offensive powerhouses

Cutty Flam

Banned
Ya I wasnt able to watch but it seems that it was a very scrappy game with a playoff feel. I have to think that if Curry shot better (he was 4 for 22??) the Warriors would have won or would have at least had a better showing, and they only lost by 8.

Will be nice to get Igudala and Lee back, not even counting on Thompson and Wiseman yet.
I saw Mikal Bridges hounding Curry for a play or two. If anybody is to guard Curry, that would be a solid player to have assigned to him

Cutty Flam

Banned
I went to the Lakers vs Orlando game last Sunday. Dwight Howard is the biggest fool I’ve ever seen in my life. And I’ve watched Shaq, Karl Malone, Ron Artest, Larry Nance Jr, LeBron all play live, but Dwight Howard? This dude has the most lean muscle mass packed on by a long shot. His back is as big as the back of a Hummer. Not even messing around here man, the guy is a fucking monster

It was kind of nuts to see two forwards like Wendell Carter Jr. and Mo Bamba just play their game, their pace, and score whenever they got the rock with a foot or two in between defenders. These 6’9 6’10 6’11 players, especially the ones with ridiculous wingspans have the league in palm of their their hands if they develop a lethal jumpshot it seems. Cole Anthony is a baller

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Celtics starting to play really well. Might be the favorites out of the east now wiht the Bucks

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Celtics starting to play really well. Might be the favorites out of the east now wiht the Bucks

This comment aged super well.

Also the Warriors looking like straight doo-doo, I lost all faith in them winning the title. They never got in sync after Draymond got injured. Hopefully Curry comes back super healthy and they surprise me.

Rickyiez

No playoff thread ? It's a shame that Gaf is lacking discussion outside of gaming

- Poole the third Splash brother
- Shame that Luka wasn't there to roast this shitty Jazz team

Ja defied gravity again

Last edited:

ymoc

Some people thought that Brunson was going to rise up to the challenge and step in Luka's shoes to get Mavs the win, but I think it's obvious now that he is far from becoming a realistic replacement. I've read some people were going as far as saying he could/should earn max in the next year. I mean I like him, but he's hardly a 20M player. He's not even 2nd best PG on the team since Dinwiddie trade.

PS:
Gobert FGA: 1
Mitchell: 29
All I can muster is a LOL.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I didnt watch the game, but the Bucks/Bulls game must had been one hell of a defensive game, or simply one hell of a brick throwing match.

Check out the boxscore and shooting by the players. Only a handful of guys shot 50%. The rest are mostly at 25-30%. The starting 5 for Bulls shot 25/81.

Last edited:
Top Bottom