• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2022-2023 Regular Season and Playoffs lOTl

Who will win the NBA championship?

• Warriors

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Suns

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nuggets

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Wizards

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nets

• Bulls

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Mavericks

• Jazz

• Clippers

• Cavaliers

• Heat

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • 76ers

• Lakers

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Grizzlies

• Trailblazers

• Knicks

• Hornets

• Raptors

• Thunder

• Celtics

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Kings

• Bucks

• Spurs

• Pacers

• Hawks

• Total voters

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Boston hit a wall the lack of maturity the excuse year after year (since 2018) of not being ready etc. Celtics better show up next year or there’s a good argument to blow things up.

bender

What time is it?
Boston hit a wall the lack of maturity the excuse year after year (since 2018) of not being ready etc. Celtics better show up next year or there’s a good argument to blow things up.

Brown was just complete garbage. I really thought he could have a James Harden to Houston like arc in his career should he ever get his own team, but I've really had to rethink that position.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Denver is up 17 at the half and making it look easy.

Jokic already has 10 assists... I'm in awe.

Last edited:

Rickyiez

AG was killing it in the first quarter . I hope he gets a ring so he could give Wade a big F U for all the snubs .

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Won a slew of nice bets. Porter to get double double, and also 10 rebounds, Jokic to get triple double, and Denver parlay bet, and Denver to win Q1. Lost my Robinson bets. He did great in Q1, zero rest of game.

I said Denver in 5. Might be a sweep.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For those of you who didn't watch the game, the 11 pt win by Denver doesn't look impressive but they were in full control right from the beginning of the game. The game got closer in the 4th quarter when Miami opened the quarter with maybe a 10-0 or 10-2 run. Denver missed a bunch of shots and Miami hit some 3's.

It didn't even look like Denver was trying.

Bro really has been unstoppable this postseason.
And on top of that, Murray also got a triple double.
Butler needs to score 40-50 every game to keep this series close.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I think Miami is starting to run out of gas. It's tough going up against a Denver team with so much depth. Aaron Gordon stepped up in game 4, and Jokic/Murray were brilliant as usual.. What can you reasonably do?

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
butler needs to score like 45+ and the rest of the team needs to be great from deep for them to stand a chance

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
butler needs to score like 45+ and the rest of the team needs to be great from deep for them to stand a chance
Denver has made it a priority to play more physical on defense, so good luck to Miami!

I'm sure Erik Spoestra can cook something up, though. He's that good of a coach.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Game 5 tonight, gents. I will be watching and enjoying some Armadillo eggs;

armadilloEggs-1.jpg

Vestal

Gold Member
3 games short.. Regardless this was one of the most exiting and emotionally exhilarating NBA runs I have ever been a part of as a fan of a team.

Thank you Heat, and my heart goes out to all the players, coaches and staff.. You all left it all on the floor.

Mad respect for the Nuggets, they earned it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Solid win by Denver. Heat fizzled out. They were up by 10 in the first half.

Jokic is arguably the most dominant player I've seen. Guy can do everything. Gets 25-30 pts and triple doubles all the time. The guy should get the MVP trophy every year.

Reminds me of Ohtani. Just like Jokic, not a flashy player but rock solid. Assuming Ohtani has a good batting and pitching year (he can be injury prone sometimes) he should win MVP every year hands down.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Humble Jokic too. For the team pic, the coach and Murray are sitting at the front holding the trophy. Typically the star players are front and centre. Christian Braun is sitting next to Murray. I think Jokic was at the back of the photo holding his daughter up on his shoulders.

Good guy.

killatopak

Gold Member
Denver finaly won.

Been wanting them to win since NBA Live 2005

This is bittersweet. Now I won't get to see Unc on Undisputed.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
A nice season. Warriors fan here so the offseason will be interesting. NBA I think is the most fun offseason because good players can actually move teams and make an impact.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Humble Jokic too. For the team pic, the coach and Murray are sitting at the front holding the trophy. Typically the star players are front and centre. Christian Braun is sitting next to Murray. I think Jokic was at the back of the photo holding his daughter up on his shoulders.

Good guy.
Jokic has a bit of swag, too. Remember, he showed up to game 5 wearing all black, which was funny. I didn't think he would be that bold.

still can't believe the Spurs didn't care enough to at least make an offer for Reaves. sure the Lakers put out that they'd match any offer out there but if the Spurs made an offer for say 80mil and the Lakers match then that's 80mil on the Lakers books for 4 yrs instead of the bargain 50mil the Lakers offered. Wemby and Reaves would have been a problem for the league.

Top Bottom