• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K23 Everything To Know

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Like clockwork, NBA 2K launches every September and reignites the age-old debate of who's overrated, who's underrated, and how the series' latest iteration feels according to the passionate fandom.

This year, NBA 2K23 muddies those waters in an interesting way. Not only will players take the court with modern superstars like Steph Curry and Kevin Durant, they'll be able to travel back to the '80s, '90s, and early 2000s and play as legends like Bird, Duncan, and Iverson. For more on these new features, as well as details on the NBA 2K23 release date, preorder details, and more, here's everything you need to know about NBA 2K23.

While annual sports sims typically have few innovations outside of updated rosters year to year, it appears NBA 2K23 is poised to add several new features to its suite of modes.

NBA 2K’s most popular mode, MyPlayer, is back. Every year, the team does a great job of making your custom character the star of the game, and a new storyline in this year’s game will do that once more. This time, the story starts with you actually getting to choose your own landing spot via the NBA Draft. While that may sound great… there’s a catch. The team’s fanbase wanted a different player, so you’ll be tasked with winning over your new fanbase when they’ve got wandering eyes for your rival, Shep Owens. From being booed on stage at the draft to exploring The City and seeing fans wearing Owens’ jersey rather than yours, the environment will be hostile at first. But winning solves everything, doesn’t it? Throughout the storyline, you’ll work to gain the fans’ admiration and prove over the course of your career that you were the right pick all along. The team at Visual Concepts says this year’s MyPlayer is the biggest the team has ever done, and the story will include cameos, as it often does, including rapper Bas and music producer Elite, both of whom work under J. Cole’s label Dreamville Records.

NBA2K23 releases on PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, and PC on September 9th.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It's been rough for EA and sports outside of Fifa and Madden. 2K gets a free pass.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I'm sceptical and prepared to be disappointed. Most likely I will just update the roaster for NBA 2k16 and continue to play it on PC.

I own NBA 2k22 on PS5 and somehow I still prefer NBA 2k16 gameplay.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

NBA 2K23 has a lot of improvements, but we wanted to create a NBA 2K23 vs NBA 2K13 Graphics Comparison to see what has changed in the last 10 years. With 10 years of development across 3 console generations, game graphics can change and improve a great deal. With the latest NBA 2K23 title we pit the PS5 version against the PS3 and how it has improved since the PS3 generation with NBA 2K13. This comparison covers a decade of Graphical Evolution in NBA games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom