• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nearly all E3 conferences have been announced. Where is Sony?

Will Sony hold a conference in June?

• Yes

Votes: 122 44.2%
  • No

Votes: 154 55.8%

• Total voters

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So they did a flute guy for Ghosts, a banjo guy for LoU 2, anyone know what ancient musical instruments Norse culture has for Ragnarok which an old guy can play for 15 minutes?

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Bryank75

Banned
Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

yurinka

I didn't remember PlayStation was one of the Summer Game Fest parters, which I assume it means that very likely they will have their summer event there, or at least something.

image.png

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
Wait...jsut because SONY doesnt do E3 anymore, why exactly must they have a conference of their own around the same date? Thats why they bowed out, they do what they want when they want, who gives a shit about E3 schedule. If anything it confirms that SONY has more views and reach by posting a single teaser on a wednesday morning on YT than to wait for a specific date for a festival like E3 to show something new.

Edokataki

Banned
Love PlayStation and Sony....but their recent lack of transparency and refusal to keep consumers in the loop when it comes to these events ESPECIALLY when all fans are used to E3 season...its kind of infuriating.

I understand that Sony isn't with E3 anymore but they usually still have big showcases around this time so why are they silent??

I expect them to have a showcase later in June/early July and they want to see what others reveal.

Its kind of annoying.
Transparency?? When they have to release a game they make state of plays and you see what is the game about. What else you want to know? What games are they making that you won't play for the next 2-3 years? How is that helping...

Varteras

Gold Member
Wait...jsut because SONY doesnt do E3 anymore, why exactly must they have a conference of their own around the same date? Thats why they bowed out, they do what they want when they want, who gives a shit about E3 schedule. If anything it confirms that SONY has more views and reach by posting a single teaser on a wednesday morning on YT than to wait for a specific date for a festival like E3 to show something new.
Didn't you know? You HAVE to be a part of E3 or you just won't make it in this industry. You MUST have a conference within the first couple weeks of June or your product is doomed!

Romulus

I wouldn't be surprised if Sonys current absenses at E3 just come down to their execs wanting more freetime. They typically have a booked calendar, why not slash something that is more of a benefit to the hardcore fans who are already going to buy their games? Not to mention Sony has a comfortable following, so theres no real need.
I would bet that is xbox takes a bigger bite out of the pie this generation, sony starts showing up.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Sonys current absenses at E3 just come down to their execs wanting more freetime. They typically have a booked calendar, why not slash something that is more of a benefit to the hardcore fans who are already going to buy their games? Not to mention Sony has a comfortable following, so theres no real need.
I would bet that is xbox takes a bigger bite out of the pie this generation, sony starts showing up.
Sony could take a different route and instead of having exec level Jack Tretton kinds of guys on stage promoting the show, just have some well spoken game directors to do it.

Todd Howard always does Bethesda stuff and he's not a VP or President.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Conferences get people excited and knowing how aggressive SONY is they'll hold some sort of event.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Not sure where they are, but I am getting sick and pretty fucking tired of not knowing when to expect something from them. If they have nothing to show and Horizon is just it then that's sad. Poor fan communication we just can't know what to expect from them, ever. And if Microsoft hits a home run with this E3, then what?
Microsoft is still playing catchup. If they have a great show then awesome. Sony will have a show this month or next month

Why so salty? I'm sure Sony will be showing some games at some point, just not next week at E3😅

ElCasual

This monday (7 of june) is the last day for Playstation to say the E3 State of Play. If not, well this will be fun.

Top Bottom