• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need Help deciding on a few games

Which game should i get?

• R&C

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Ghostwire Tokyo

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Hitman 3

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Resident Evil Village

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

Xander3116

So the days of play sale is almost over and i have been going back and forth on what to get and i just can't decide, I'm considering Hitman 3, Ghostwire Tokyo, Ratchet and Clank and Resident Evil Village, i don't know why i'm even considering Village since i already bought it and beat it 3 times on PC but I'm really curious on how it would look on PS5 playing it with ray tracing would it be worth it to buy again just for the ray tracing alone? i mean it really is a great game. So, please gaf what say you all! Which 2 games should i get??? or should i just save my money?

anthony2690

Banned
I would go with Hitman 3 or Ghostwire Tokyo personally.

Hitman 3 was so good, assuming you're into stealth games.

Village is incredible, but no point if you've beat it three times on pc already.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Honestly I'd probably pullback on Village, cause even with ray tracing I don't think it's incredibly worth it. Especially if you've already experienced the game multiple times.

I feel like deciding between Hitman 3, Ghostwire, and R&C should be pretty easy as they're all very different. I'd almost say think about what kind of gameplay sounds the most appealing to you right now, and go with that.

Fbh

Are you going to get Ps+ Extra/Premium? Because Ratchet Seems like a prime candidate to show up on there before too long (given that the other 3 early exclusives: Demon Souls, Returnal and Miles Morales will already be there at launch

So I'd go with Hitman 3 and Ghostwire if you have already beaten Village multiple times.

Esca

I'd buy R&C and save your money. It is a great game and it's easy to replay. Could do Hitman 3 it is a very good game. Really either but I wouldn't get both atm. Also R&C may end up in the new tiers of PS+ coming soon and if you're going to sub or not.

Ghostwire is going to get cheaper in not a long time like Deathloop, it didn't do well.
RE Village you can hold out on till it gets cheaper since you put some good time into it already.

Xander3116

Are you going to get Ps+ Extra/Premium? Because Ratchet Seems like a prime candidate to show up on there before too long (given that the other 3 early exclusives: Demon Souls, Returnal and Miles Morales will already be there at launch

So I'd go with Hitman 3 and Ghostwire if you have already beaten Village multiple times.
I don't think ill be getting PS+ Extra/Premium anytime soon, but it does make sense that R&C would show up there at some point.

clarky

Gold Member
Hitman 3 but on pc, it'll be cheaper id imagine. But if your dead set on getting something for your PS5 then R+C

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
So the days of play sale is almost over and i have been going back and forth on what to get and i just can't decide, I'm considering Hitman 3, Ghostwire Tokyo, Ratchet and Clank and Resident Evil Village, i don't know why i'm even considering Village since i already bought it and beat it 3 times on PC but I'm really curious on how it would look on PS5 playing it with ray tracing would it be worth it to buy again just for the ray tracing alone? i mean it really is a great game. So, please gaf what say you all! Which 2 games should i get??? or should i just save my money?

Go for Ratchet and Clank.

Tokyo Ghostwire, wait until it has a real price, like $30.00

Hitman this game could arrive on PS Plus, or wait until it's $19.00.

Resident evil Village, I would wait for the Gold version with VR to come out.

And pick Gravity rush 1 and 2... you will me thank you:messenger_relieved:

tommib

Ray-tracing in Village is absolutely not worth it on PS5 if you already played it on PC. Very hard to see the changes.

graywolf323

Gold Member
I don't think ill be getting PS+ Extra/Premium anytime soon, but it does make sense that R&C would show up there at some point.
if you're only getting 1 I voted for R&C but if you own Hitman 1 & 2 on PS4 as well, then I'd say Hitman 3 is the best value at the current sale price since you'll have all the previous content in the new engine which is pretty awesome

bender

What time is it?
R&C is rock solid mechanically, generally fun and oh so pretty to look out but I also think it's pretty forgettable, like a summer blockbuster movie. Hitman 3 is the weakest of the trilogy but that doesn't mean it is bad. If you love that formula, it is something you'll want to keep coming back to. Resident Evil Village is fine too. I think Capcom has mostly squandered the horror element that was done so marvelously in the opening of RE7 and you are left with a first person take on RE4, except the shooting is way less satisfying in these first person efforts.

I'd go Hitman 3 > Village = R&C

GenericUser

I say save your money. You said you already finished RE Village 3 times, there is no point of buying it again. The ray tracing is subtle at best and certainly not worth an additional purchase. I think the other 3 games are also mediocre at best. Save your money, play something from your backlog or emulate some classics. There is no need to spend money, just because you can.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Choosing Ghostwire Tokyo over R&C or Hitman 3 is the wrong decision. If you really like the Hitman series then Hitman 3 is the go but considering you haven't played or bought it yet and considering over other titles means you don't love the series that much.

If you buy one then choose R&C. I'd save your money and wait for Village and Hitman 3 to drop in price further, they definitely will in the near future. R&C will most likely hold its sale value and it really shows off what the PS5 can do and it's a very fun game.

Ghostwire Tokyo is very average, I do not recommend.

That's my 2 cents!

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I think R&C on Plus extra /premium will be a ways down the road, they will hold that card for a while I reckon. They are still waiting for it to sell gangbusters once PS5 adoption rates increase. It's the most accessible popular PS5 exclusive they have.

I like threads like these. I voted R&C and was surprised to see Hitman on second place. It seems R&C to many is still the only true next gen experience on the platform.

Hitman 3 and ratchet and clank are the ones,I haven’t played hitman 3 since it launched beat it and moved on but I loved it,did it get a next gen update for ps5 and xbsx?

I love RE Village but to buy it again for some miniscule raytracing you might not even notice after playing it 3 times already..just throwing away money.

Ratchet and Hitman are left only. Ghostwire Tokyo looks like a half baked game and not too interesting.

Top Bottom