• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Druckmann’s next game will be a new IP set in a unique and immersive world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Neil-Druckmann-next-game.jpg

Iranian gaming portal Violet Gamers published an interview with a man named Ryan Carter , introduced as the senior artist of the new Naughty Dog project. During the conversation, the developer mentioned that the game he is working on will be a brand new IP in a unique and immersive world.

He did not reveal details, citing a non-disclosure agreement, but promised that the game would continue to push the boundaries of Naughty Dog in terms of story and gameplay , as well as introduce diverse and memorable characters, some of which would be voiced by well-known actors.

“Unfortunately, I can’t give any details about the game’s release date or title. All I can say is that we’re hard at work on it and hope to share more information with you soon. Stay tuned for updates from Naughty Dog.”

It is worth noting that after the appearance of the interview, users could not find information on the network about the developer Naughty Dog with the name mentioned in the source, so all the information voiced should be treated as a rumor for now.

mxbison

I'll believe in an immersive world when I see one, until then it's all just facade with barely any interactivity.

Maybe AI can help with NPC behaviour in a couple of years.

HL3.exe

"Immersive?" Sure their narratives can feel immersive, sure. But they're gameplay structure is pretty railroad-y. Would love if their games feel more consequential from a gameplay standpoint.

Just a little bit more narrative reactivity on how a player approaches situations. E.I. sneaking past guards instead of engaging creates a different outcome in the next stage, etc.

Kev Kev

Why is it "Neil Druckmann's" game? What about the other people who work at Naughty Dog?

Man, I really don't care for this developer worship. The Final Fantasy fanboys do the same thing their favorite talking heads. Yes, these individual developers do play a role in the game's development and/or writing, but it takes a whole team of people to make video games. Are people that ignorant or just enough of a sheep to believe this one dude is the reason their favorite video game exists?

I don't care about one persons name being on the box as long as the game is quality, engaging and fun.

Why is it "Neil Druckmann's" game? What about the other people who work at Naughty Dog?

Man, I really don't care for this developer worship. The Final Fantasy fanboys do the same thing their favorite talking heads. Yes, these individual developers do play a role in the game's development and/or writing, but it takes a whole team of people to make video games. Are people that ignorant or just enough of a sheep to believe this one dude is the reason their favorite video game exists?

I don't care about one persons name being on the box as long as the game is quality, engaging and fun.

Well Neil's next game isn't Naughty Dogs next games so that why's. It's not developer worship it's just a fact.

Naughty Dogs next game is Factions. Neil isn't working on that.

Neil's next games is whatever he and his team are writing (TLOU3 or new IP) but again it's not the next game by Naughty Dog.

Also to add to all this the article is based on something made up on April 1st.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Pfff, yeah right. This guy is not at same level of Myazaki or Kojima to be called instead of Naughty Dog. And I'm pretty sure uniqueness its not something from current ND.

Bartski

Gold Member
You’re late. That was an april fools joke

It is worth noting that after the appearance of the interview, users could not find information on the network about the developer Naughty Dog with the name mentioned in the source, so all the information voiced should be treated as a rumor for now.

lol

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Whatever it is, it will be the best in its genre.

And yes, the man has earned the right to have his name advertised like Kojima.

If you helped create The Last of Us and Uncharted, two of Sonys most important IPs ..And have the game you wrote become source material for the greatest, most critically acclaimed and most successful video game adaptation of all time, you’ve earned the right.

If his next IP becomes another hit for Sony, and Season 2 of Last of Us is another smash hit for HBO (both very likely)… His name will easily be more recognizable in the mainstream, worldwide than both Kojima and Miyazaki.

And I don’t even think that’s a hot take.

Thirty7ven

Banned

Do you have the same reaction when it comes to movies?

You seem bothered by something that is completely standard practice across multiple industries.

tmlDan

In my eyes ND is not the same of the uncharted 2 times, i don't like the direction they took with part 2. It was my favorite developer in the ps3 era, i hope they will redime themselves to my eyes with this game
Part 2 has the best combat ND has ever produced, and since we care about gameplay as gamers we should praise that.

But you guys are too caught up in the story aren't ya

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member

Exactly....Neil Wokeman is a cuck. Theyve become a LOU studio since he took over.

Woggleman

That is not giving much information but I am sure it will be a great game. They still need to fire their whole PC port department.

TLOU2 has some of the best combat I have played but somehow doesn't get credit from the gameplay first crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom