• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Druckmann on TLOU Part 3: "I think there's more story to tell."

kyliethicc

Likewise, Druckmann cannot reveal whether a rumored Part III game from Naughty Dog is coming, but says: "I think there's more story to tell."

Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF by Naughty Dog

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Bring back Bruce Staley and ill gush all over it!

Infact I'm well interested ina solid third installment, just make it good. Maybe get someone else to write it with you dr. unkman.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Whatever they do, I really hope they WILL NOT listen to people on-line.
The most talkative are masses who didn't even finish it or don't have their own opinion on it.
People are wrong and in order for creativity and bold story telling to work, they really should not listen to the masses.
If ND listened, we would have a clone of tlou1 game. With same story, same happy-go-lucky Joel adventures... and now, we have, even if polarizing, extremely good game that takes chances and tries some different stuff. Almost like no other AAA game does.
The only other game that tried new stuff in AAA space is Death Stranding and people also whined.

Shut up people or we will al age playing only fifa and call of duty ffs

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
“We have no plans to tell any stories beyond adapting the games,” he says. “We won’t run into the same issue as Game of Thrones since Part II doesn’t end on a cliffhanger.”
Indeed, neither Mazin nor Druckmann want a show that’s season after season of weary survivors trudging endlessly through decaying buildings wary of mushroom zombies — that would be an undead fate all its own.

“I don’t have any interest in a spinning-plates-go-on-forever show,” Mazin says. (He doesn’t say “like The Walking Dead” here, but I do.) “When it becomes a perpetual motion machine, it just can’t help but get kind of … stupid. Endings mean everything to me.”

Seems like the show wont have any filler, and a Part III will be covered in the show afterwards. Expect however, some pretty big changes in the show vs the games story. Things wont play out the exact same way. Which is good.
This franchise is going to remain top tier throughout.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
100 percent in for more Abby, hope they Kill Ellie early on but she dies in some really pathetic way...like tetanus from cutting herself on a wire fence....just cutting one of her pathetic remaining fingers....

In fact she cuts her finger on a rusty ukulele string doing a rendition of "no limit" by 2 unlimited. then takes like 3 hours of cutscenes to die....then is instantly forgotten about.

Last edited:

vpance

If they're just going to keep pumping these out they should pull an AssCreed and make them in different eras/worlds.

I hope they go full open world this time. Days Gone gave me more of what I wanted than TLoU did. That and have a bit more subtlety to storytelling than what he was going for in 2. Shockingly I also hope to see more of Abby. Went in annoyed to have to play her to hating to have to go back to Ellie. Maybe concluding things with really finishing what they originally started in the first game.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Plot will probably be related to Dina and Ellie will start a new journey to find her

I think Ellie will be seeking out the Fireflies and may stumble across Dina (and/or Abby) along the way.

I think a really beautiful ending that would be congruent with the tone of the series would for Ellie to find the Fireflies and willingly sacrifice herself to find a cure. And in typical TLOU fashion, we never find out whether her sacrifice led to an actual cure or not.

Top Bottom