• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Druckmann shuts down rumors that he’s working on The Last of Us Part 3

Is this a shut down? He said be wary of insiders, he didn't deny that tlou3 is coming...this statement is pretty broad especially since we know factions is next up for them possibly next year.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Is this a shut down? He said be wary of insiders, he didn't deny that tlou3 is coming...this statement is pretty broad especially since we know factions is next up for them possibly next year.
It’s amazing that we get posts like this from a dev’s words…

But rUmOrS are treated like press releases on here.

Especially when the vast majority of these “rUmOrS” are always bullshit in the end.

Last edited:

Its the only big rumor that has come out lately out of ND. Basically saying they are gonna show games next year and don’t expect them to be TLOU3 based on that rumor last week

Its the only big rumor that has come out lately out of ND. Basically saying they are gonna show games next year and don’t expect them to be TLOU3 based on that rumor last week
Yea but devs deny basically all rumors true or not..."be wary of insiders" is broad af so I wouldn't take it to mean "the rumored game that is probably 3-6 years out is false". Just "we have a lot planned for 2023, don't let these rumors make you less excited for our GAAS coming out in 2023." To soften disappointment for people who expect a TLOU3 announcement.

Kuranghi

*me pretending I understand why people love TLOU*:

bill murray drinking GIF

Last edited:
When Sony will give us an update on lifetime sales of TLOU2 ?
Why does it matter now? Does the game having lower or higher sales than you expected change your experience after playing the game, or are you looking for conformational bias? Two years later and still the topic of discussion, even by people who havent played it.

Last edited:
As much as I love TLoU2, good. When games take the better part of a decade to create I’d rather see something new. TLoU story could continue but there also aren’t really any loose ends.

NahaNago

So some of the insider info is true then.

On the peeps and ya'll usage. I can see him using peeps but not ya'll. He always struck me as more of "you guys" type of person.

While I would rather have them move on from last of us 3 I just hope that the next big game they release is a brand new IP and the last of us part 3 can close out this gen. But considering , all the updates for last of us 1 and 2 for ps5, and the tv show I can see them hard at work to release last of us 3 in the next 2 years.

They really should just expand even more so that they can always have a team just keep working on the last of us or Uncharted content.

Gudji

Yeah that's what I expected. Guess TLOU III will come on PS6 or near the end of PS5 lifetime.

Ronin_7

Banned
Insiders were wrong again? I'm fucking shocked lmao

Tom is the only insider that gets things right these days, great guy also.

Ogbert

Anyone who says ‘y’all’ (where it is not appropriate local vernacular) is a total and utter bellend.

It’s the linguistic equivalent of those stupid fucking heffer nose rings.

Last edited:
Of course he wouldn't. Even those who still say they loved TLOU2 are mysteriously very quiet about speculation for where the story would go for part 3. "Oh, maybe Lev and Abby will..." That train of thought is nonexistent. Even they still talk about Ellie and Joel. What I'm saying is that part 3 would bomb much harder than 2 and you couldn't fool people to pre-order it since you'd have to market it on Lev and Abby being interesting characters lmao.

So he'd never make it, it would be the definitive nail in the coffin of reputation of 2, since the new OC characters would be soundly rejected.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Big possibility it’s not TLOU3 because the cycle is already broken at the end of TLOu2. They would effectively need to move on to completely different themes in the next game so it might make sense to let TLOu factions be it while they work on a new IP.

Well, based on my Sherlock Holmes-esque talent at deductive reasoning, and studying the releases from Naughty Dog over the past 10+ years, I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll either get;

A) Uncharted 5
B) The Last of Us : Part 3

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I was hoping they would make TLOU3 and make that the last one. I don't really like playing sequels 5+ years later and having no real clue of any details of the previous games beyond the basic plot.

Can’t make last of us 3 until there are 2 last of us 2 remakes…
Quite right, they need to make the part 2 remaster for ps5 and then the 4 years overdue Factions multiplayer...then we'll get one of the two games that is all they seem to make these days.

Majormaxxx

Not interested in whatever your writing department is doing next, peeps. Thanks but no thanks until the pendulum has returned to neutral. I liked ND because of what Amy had brought.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
They just did in June
Yeah but the game is literally a 5 quid these days which is cheaper then TLOU Remastered (2014)
It's the cheapest first party game you can buy despite being a lot newer then more then half of them.
surely that boosted sales a bit.

Last edited:
It’s amazing that we get posts like this from a dev’s words…

But rUmOrS are treated like press releases on here.

Especially when the vast majority of these “rUmOrS” are always bullshit in the end.
Brochacho this entire forum is built on the foundation of taking unsubstantiated rumors as gospel truth from on high, and running with whatever narrative that helps us simp for our favored corpo overlords.

Top Bottom