• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nemix 4TB SSD for Playstation 5 $249!

Is that a good or bad price? I've seen other M.2 SSDs compatible with the PS5 go for 1TB for $50. This one for instance:

Is it fine to mount one of these SSDs on PS5 without the cooling thing attached?
I wouldn't recommend it. They really can overheat and break down. I bought a $7 heatsink along with my ~$60 1TB M.2 SSD and have it installed on my PS5. They're super simple to set up; just slide the heatsink on top of the SSD, secure it with the rubber clips. Done.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Tempted to buy it for my PC. It has built in heatsibks on the mobo so lack of heatsibk doesn’t bother me.

Last edited:

Skifi28

How many games can save in 2 TB?
p30Re6e.gif

After formatting and PS5 system files, let's assume we're talking really big bastards here, 110GB each, you'd be looking at around 15 full games. Luckily a lot of games are under 90GB so you might squeeze in up to 20.
I have a 1TB drive and in combination with the internal one, I currently have 35 games installed with room to spare. Many games are still below 50GB so it balances out with the huge ones like GT7.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is that a good or bad price? I've seen other M.2 SSDs compatible with the PS5 go for 1TB for $50. This one for instance:

This drive's read speed is notably lower than PS5's recommended. (5500 vs 4200 on the drive in the link) It may work but you might get issues in games that require a lot of streaming.

Last edited:
This drive's read speed is notably lower than PS5's recommended. (5500 vs 4200 on the drive in the link) It may work but you might get issues in games that require a lot of streaming.
The Q&A for that one said it's compatible with PS5, which it is, technically.

Digital Foundry did a test with an SSD that ran around 3500 and had no in-game issues, even with Ratchet and Clank's rifts

4tb was close to $1000 or right at it just a short while ago. The sales everyone is flipping out about are around $400 right now. This $249 price is ridiculous.

Last edited:

jm89

The Q&A for that one said it's compatible with PS5, which it is, technically.

Digital Foundry did a test with an SSD that ran around 3500 and had no in-game issues, even with Ratchet and Clank's rifts
It's a bit risky. Whatever test they did probably ran on existing games, never know if another game does come along and actually uses those higher speeds.

Top Bottom