• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEOGAF 2021 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more [Your images only]

The 2020 thread wasn't created until Elektro Demon Elektro Demon made one in March. Last year's thread didn't see a lot of posts but then again last year was just the worst, hopefully this year will see more activity. I would often pop into/contribute to the previous year threads so I figured I would make one for this year as well while the year is still young, hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes making this.
With the holiday season behind us and the recent launch of new hardware across all platforms there are sure to be a bunch of cool new things to share. I always enjoy seeing people's growing collections of often obscure, rare, and hard to find items as well as cool things I didn't know existed.
I encourage everyone to post, no matter how big/small/expensive/cheap the items are. It's never been easier to share pics. Gaming as a hobby is growing and the cool stuff surrounding gaming is growing with it. We see everything from collectible figures, to full arcade cabinets, to PC builds, to the games themselves. It's always nice to have a friendly thread much like Chittagong Chittagong 's gaming setup thread where people can share a little about themselves and their love of the hobby through their cameras.

hAFHPUM.png

Got a cool game-related thing you'd like to share? A cool little Street fighter character you got from a vending machine? A new console? An old console? A full Flight simulator setup? A limited run release? Mario fruit snacks?

Just take a picture and post it here!
6G9nAZ8.jpg

Your pictures don't have to be professionally photographed, it just has to be YOUR picture

This is fine!
Rp9rcdP.jpg

So is this!
DkmN5PI.jpg

Just try not to accidentally catch a reflection of your naked ass in the shot.

RULES:
Game/gaming-related content only

It should be at least somewhat game/gaming-related. Games both new and old, arcade machines/parts, PC parts, figures, model kits, video game-themed Lego, art books, collector's editions, clothing, controllers, posters, toys and more.
Just got a Lamborghini for your 16th birthday? Post it in a car-related thread somewhere. Does it have a full Bowsette-themed wrap? Post it here!
Your buttplug collection is not game/gaming related. Neither is a basketball racket from the Daytona 200 signed by hockey legend Tom Brady.
Your content is your own image
Did you find a really sweet picture of a bootleg naked Bayonetta figure in a search engine result? Leave it there, we can use search engines too!
Did you just spend $300 on a bootleg naked Bayonetta statue for some reason? Post it here! Censor it and post it here!
Reasonably work-safe. Bootleg naked Bayonetta statues are great. Karen seeing naked Bayonetta on someone's screen when she walks by their office door might not turn out as great. If it's questionable put the image in spoilers with a warning.
Don't be an asshole
Did someone post a picture of a game-related thing you hate? Feel free to hate it but also keep it to yourself or one of the several other threads where everyone hates each other and nobody gets along.
Do you "not get it" and feel the need to tell people they shouldn't waste their money on useless collectibles? Well no shit! You aren't my parents! I'm an adult and can do what I want, when I want!

Previous years:

2019 Thread
2020 Thread
Links to monthly pick-up threads before 2019 can be found in the 2019 thread.​

Last edited:
Have you used the controller yet? I've been half-assed looking at N64 controllers for a while and that looks a lot like the old mini Hori pad. I had a Hori Commander way back in the N64 days for people I hated and the build quality was... questionable :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ma-Yuan

Have you used the controller yet? I've been half-assed looking at N64 controllers for a while and that looks a lot like the old mini Hori pad. I had a Hori Commander way back in the N64 days for people I hated and the build quality was... questionable :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It's a replica of a Hori pad mini(which I also own) they are quite expensive so this pad is a cheap option and I can't say it feels worse then the original. If your hands aren't to big it's the perfect n64 ihmo.

My brother got me a couple new additions to my Fallout collection. I'm going to need some bigger shelves.

hyRzF71.jpg

Die-cast Slocum Joe Fusion Flea - Like the other die-cast vehicles, it came with a really cool box that mimics the packaging old 1950's toys came in, an "owners manual" and a postcard which I'll eventually put in a frame with the others.

UL4rGHA.jpg

IxMnMIX.jpg

Sentrybot statue - the detail in this statue is great, on-par with the Chronicle Liberty Prime statue I got last summer. It's a very heavy statue and arrived broken in two at the waist. I had to pin the two halves and glue them back together.

Hy6yTan.jpg

Ltc90Jz.jpg

Ma-Yuan

Latest pick ups. Since I found out that both my mega drives are alive I am in a bit mega drive / genesis fever. For more than 20 years I thought one of them is dead. The red light doesn't work and back in the 90s I used rf video which is also dead but I connected it to a scart cable eh voila it works 🤣
8u7YPlw.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got my hands on this...

5FDGbj9.jpg
CWdwP1J.jpg
0VgQaxr.jpg
This brings back terrible memories.

When these went up I had one in my cart ready to go, and my girlfriend at the time (who I lived with) told me I couldn't get it so I hesitated. Couple minutes later I come back and was like fuck you I'm gonna get one anyway and they were sold out.

SegaManAU

Gold Member

When these went up I had one in my cart ready to go, and my girlfriend at the time (who I lived with) told me I couldn't get it so I hesitated. Couple minutes later I come back and was like fuck you I'm gonna get one anyway and they were sold out.
At the time these come out, I had recently sold off a lot of my limited edition consoles and I told myself I wasn't going to collect LE consoles anymore.

Once these sold out, they started selling for thousands of dollars on ebay. I'm glad I missed out, as I picked this up for an amazing price. Sorry you missed out...it sucks.

Found some Joycon shells that incorporated a D-pad but used the factory Joycon guts and decided to give them a shot. I also found a Joycon analog stick manufacturer that from reviews I've read appears to not only be more durable but offers much tighter tension on the sticks.

The D-pad had no pivot, but even so the tactile feel of the D-pad vs. four individual buttons is a night and day improvement. In the end I added my own pivot using a round 2mm thick adhesive backed dot in the center of the four mechanical switches which prevents me from being able to hit opposing directions. The end result is a proper D-pad that feels as good as the one on my old DS.

Haven't spent much time testing the new sticks but can definitely say the stick tension is way higher and the sticks themselves feel stronger. I guess I'll see about the durability over time.

L5RJlkg.jpg

eegjmoI.jpg

Just got this box dropped off this morning

It contains four 1:144 scale models of the Gears from Xenogears. I cracked them all open to assess the quality of the kits and it's not too bad, the kits are uncolored and require paint which I'm fine with.

nMZFKNs.jpg

Given the incredibly small scale I decided to hand paint the kits. Unlike Bandai kits these had no color chart or diagram so I had to mix my own colors to match online reference images. The completed figures are just 4" tall.

Weltall completed
HJhlG2S.jpg

Vierge completed
n1VjAhZ.jpg

Heimdal completed
cgQXQ7p.jpg

Brigandier
cT4gSwC.jpg

Gears
G5JI5oh.jpg

Last edited:

Impotaku

My last couple of purchases, a taikoforce level 5 arcade controller for playing taiko no tatsujin although today i modded mine to be cosmetically more accurate i made the strap that the arcade machine has thats supposed to replicate the ring of nails surrounding the drum.
Gq25VdM.jpg

Also picked up a hori RAP arcade stick as i'm picking up a load of shmups recently and this thing will be ideal for them.
tGz2woD.jpg

Last edited:
This is my brother's but it's pretty cool so I figured I'd post it.

HDMI modded Nintendo 64. He has all the games worth owning for the system but also got an Everdrive for the handfull of now $300+ games he never got as well as games that never released.

nwjxYTv.jpg

He7JwND.jpg

61d9xiC.jpg

He also has all the parts ready to put together an HDMI Playstation with a MODE including a pretty mint Playstation as the base. He wanted a black Net Yaroze shell to match the rest of his consoles or the Blue debugging unit shell like Ma-Yuan Ma-Yuan posted but one is very rare and expensive and the other is rare, expensive and typically beat to shit.

ApLBLRl.jpg

Last year he had his Dreamcast modded with HDMI and a MODE along with a black shell and it's the coolest thing ever.

eSpjDo5.jpg

A5miv2t.jpg

Impotaku

More stuff turned up from Amazon japan my main bundle of games arrived including the one i wanted to play most out of all of them shinchan bokunatsu. Also treat myself to some other box sets and a huge pile of my fave dagashi.
jTCqtdp.jpg

Shinchan bokunatsu amazon japan special bundle
r2OkEH6.jpg

Bubble bobble 4 friends
h4bchj4.jpg

Ganso spelunker
B3vVHgo.jpg

And my winnings from the blueroom competition on the forum i hang out on
IDd8SJl.jpg

RdkKcQL.jpg

Ma-Yuan

Well that's how it's looks now 😱 I have one dead or stuck pixel it's most of the time yellow can be orange too. It doesn't affect all games since some come with black boxes because of their resolution... Still annoying. But won't replace it unbuilding and hoping the next has nothing that annoys me is also annoying 🙈 also needed like 1h to figure the dead/stuck pixel out. Was surprised.

45bkr3J.jpg
qLYkdPq.jpg

Last edited:

Impotaku

Well that's how it's looks now 😱 I have one dead or stuck pixel it's most of the time yellow can be orange too. It doesn't affect all games since some come with black boxes because of their resolution... Still annoying. But won't replace it unbuilding and hoping the next has nothing that annoys me is also annoying 🙈 also needed like 1h to figure the dead/stuck pixel out. Was surprised.

45bkr3J.jpg
qLYkdPq.jpg
I love your room it looks so cozy & inviting. A nice setup you have there.

Fushitsusha

Banned

What a shame... even after that you didn't get to keep her!

Last edited:
Top Bottom