• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Numbers Calculating GIF by netflixlat
I had a good chuckle out of that one. Thanks ^^

We should have a Philosophical GAF!

But to put it in GAF terms - The old guard, judging by their reduced activity, seem hesitant on the new policies and rather opt for a silent leaving rather than plotting out a course of discourse.

Others may just request a ban.

PS:
I also just realize that the bloke in your gif would be funny to have your face on it. Geniunely, i'd love to see how Tyler looks when being legit in ??? or calculation error's. Such expressions are priceless.

For now ill have to make due with this:
4.jpg

You're overthinking this.
No, i just operate on a different channel than you do. If you can tell which planets are simps for the sun, then come back to me.

The only thing that matters is that gaf survives and stays economically viable for ownership to keep dealing with us than selling to a clickfarmer. The internet is becoming a hostile place after the big boys took over most of it and it’s become a corporate hellscape.

I went off the rocker in the politics subforum, fine I’m staying out, mostly. I’m going to keep trying to get a community thread stick around for good to help people lay roots here (and yes the promised OT is coming, I took an unexpected 12h shift up the ass today and it derailed my plans, it’ll go up tomorrow instead).
Honestly though GAF today for me is a place of relaxation rather than a rift where i would want to have intense, even hostile so discussions about the color of the moon or what Joe Biden eats for lunch (Captain Crunch). I see enough actual misery on a daily basis to realize that the misery GAF has is being disgruntled with one another, at best.

Now if that is worth getting a perm for, be my guest. But its not really realistic.

The Old Guard should open a debate. If they feel limited by the new policies, they should speak out. Moving over to Discord or leaving entirely is counter-productive: If you can raise your voice on non-trivial matters in the name of ''fun and games'' then why not raise that same voice when you have actual concerns?

It's like people don't want to tell Tyler and compatriots what is going on. If you present a proper argument, i don't doubt ears would be listening.

Redneckerz

Yes, your channel is called "The Overthinking It" channel 🐹
Is it really? The gist is this: The Old Guard is silently leaving the place because of current day policies. That's hardly a controversial take, no?
There's a lot of things you might be able to infer through actions and words, but you will never really know most of it unless you're a psychic.
I just paid some attention. It didn't cost me much and i had enough in the bank to make the move.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Is it really? The gist is this: The Old Guard is silently leaving the place because of current day policies. That's hardly a controversial take, no?

I just paid some attention. It didn't cost me much and i had enough in the bank to make the move.
That in itself is not very controversial, but your post had a lot of editorializing in it that is more subjective speculation than objective reality, even if you might be right. Even granting a label such as "old guard" is really over dramatizing the situation than is warranted.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

That in itself is not very controversial, but your post had a lot of editorializing in it that is more subjective speculation than objective reality, even if you might be right. Even granting a label such as "old guard" is really over dramatizing the situation that is warranted.
I never said it was reality, but indeed, speculation. It seems plausible but unless one of those folks actually speaks, we wouldn't know.

And yeah i am just using the term Old Guard as a descriptor - You know immediately who those are.

But it all comes down to - Long standing members are likely not too happy with new policy changes and that's it.

Falcs

Banned
You could say he was a valueable member, Bar none.

I see myself out after handing over that terrible Friday night joke that wouldn't even make Gilbert Gottfried squint.

It is a bit loopsided. I find it regrettable that many of the mainline rockstars are hitting the deck primarily of a policy change that essentially boils down to ''be reasonable, be decent, and ultimately - don't be a dick.''

Maybe this is a difficulty given before the changes, doing rather stark callouts was a daily letter from the rockstar's mailbox. That seems to be cut off now - The ''fun'', for lack of a better word, is gone, perhaps.

I don't know. One thing is for sure - The old guard, or whatever-survived-2017-and-became-top-dawg is silently putting the blinds back in front of their windows (XP, safest OS.) because of the recent policy changes.

Now that impresses me. Before those changes, they were top dawgs with a cause. Greenhorns had to be put in their place, and @Nobody_Important was made more important than the actual Nobody's of GAF.

But now?

They are now lost dawgs without their paws. They can't claw back, because the policy tells them that what once was open, is now closed. Closed being the ability to put greenhorns in their place and Nobody_Important to feel important.

Alas, that seems to be the case here. A silent retreat.

Perhaps a discussion should be had there. Perhaps the once known top-dawgs rather not in potential violation of that policy.

One of the top-dawgs being Papa and perhaps Cunth, that is. Papa's post of today says it in more delicate wording than i could muster - But obviously there is something.

Just my 2 cent's. In today's currency, that amount would be equal to 2 cent's. Just saying.

3707895e93bdadc36e85d04db76eaeaa41-wojak-07-w710.jpg

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I may have missed it, I haven't seen anything mentioned or discussed, but what happened with -Arcadia- -Arcadia- Did she get banned for something, request a perm or did she just leave without saying anything? I haven't seen her around in ages.

Waiiiit! -Arcadia- -Arcadia- is gone? And it was a woman?

Now it makes sense why she was nicer than most on here. We disagreed on a lot but ALWAYS were cordial and respectful. She showed me sympathy and understanding when I acted up ... She actually ASKED me what was wrong. That's all I wanted... Told her about my birth mom... She is a class act

belmarduk

No, rather than add to political discussion in a constructive way he would have rather made personal attacks dressed up as cartoons against people that he disagreed with (or sometimes outright insults). I never responded in kind, but I'll have my laugh at his final temper tantrum.

This a thousand times. It was middle school level bullshit unbecoming of an adult.

IThe Old Guard should open a debate. If they feel limited by the new policies, they should speak out.

I don't have a problem with the new stance on the politics forum (some of these people were hardcore nutjobs), but I feel the whole view on the "Boys Club Behaviour" crowd that I feel part of was similarly changed.
Started for me when that harmless fun Masturbation thread of mine was closed, and went of with a couple of bannings like Stouffers' one for
just writing some stupid harmless LOL stuff. After inquiring here I was told by EviLore EviLore that I should stop posting "weird shit". But that was what made this place so charming for me in the first place.

I just don't know what to write here anymore with this happening, when that aspect of the forum is now outlawed and I see myself walking on eggshells.

Not a reason to request a ban (lol, why would you even do that when you can simply log out), but I will just read here from time to time like the lurker I am and not take part here anymore..

Wish you all the best,
much love :messenger_heart:,
Mom

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I don't have a problem with the new stance on the politics forum (some of these people were hardcore nutjobs), but I feel the whole view on the "Boys Club Behaviour" crowd that I feel part of was similarly changed.
Started for me when that harmless fun Masturbation thread of mine was closed, and went of with a couple of bannings like Stouffers' one for
just writing some stupid harmless LOL stuff. After inquiring here I was told by EviLore EviLore that I should stop posting "weird shit". But that was what made this place so charming for me in the first place.

I just don't know what to write here anymore with this happening, when that aspect of the forum is now outlawed and I see myself walking on eggshells.

Not a reason to request a ban (lol, why would you even do that when you can simply log out), but I will just read here from time to time like the lurker I am and not take part here anymore..

Wish you all the best,
Mom
German Hops German Hops made a thread about you and misspelled your name.

Wish you all the best,
Mom

I agree 100% on the boys club comment. Gaf is/was like talking with your friends while old gaf or ree is like being at work with hr in the conversation

Kagey K

Banned
I may have missed it, I haven't seen anything mentioned or discussed, but what happened with -Arcadia- -Arcadia- Did she get banned for something, request a perm or did she just leave without saying anything? I haven't seen her around in ages.
She was in a super secret discord with MHK and a few others, its likely she left when they either self requested or got banned.

Somebody sent me a few screenshots from it last year and then got removed after I called MHK out about it.

I hope she comes back after she realizes they aren't Gaf.

Wish you all the best,
Mom
Idk man, I don't really get that feeling here. Im sorry you feel that way. I hope you come back, I miss your post brother.

I was talking to a fellow neogafer and suddendly it says; "you have no priviledege to reply here" or some bullshit like that.

I didn't do anything. Swear to god, i didn't do jackshit. I was just speaking with some folks and then: bang. I was dead.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
This a thousand times. It was middle school level bullshit unbecoming of an adult.

Real colours starting to come out. Care to explain why you slandered me as a right wing extremist while I was on my break?

I thought he left to be some sort of vagabond? That it was a religious duty, perhaps. A vow of poverty or something like that.

Did you guys see that Matt is back? The forum really suffered from his absence. Sure, he's a right-wing extremist but he's a funny right-wing extremist! Some of you could learn a great deal from his example.

Peggies

Gold Member
I was talking to a fellow neogafer and suddendly it says; "you have no priviledege to reply here" or some bullshit like that.

I didn't do anything. Swear to god, i didn't do jackshit. I was just speaking with some folks and then: bang. I was dead.
pleading stan marsh GIF by South Park

Great post, thanks :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Maybe it's because you don't like pirates.

Redneckerz

“Old guard” is the lunatics that formed resetera IMO. The crew you’re referring to are the new guard.
Oh, i should have been specific? Okay, i specifically mean those users that remained here after what is collectively known as the Old Guard formed Resetera. That Old Guard, which you call New Guard.
You should ask yourself why you feel the need to document your wanking diary on a forum. Because yes, that is weird shit.

You have an actual diary for that. Why tell the world? Is that ''harmless fun'' in your eyes?

If you feel you are now walking on eggshells because of the example you have just given, then my man, you are definitely in the doghouse. Talk about games, for instance.

I feel like you are upset that your shtick, whatever that is, is now under scrutiny and you don't like that.

Maybe consider buying that actual diary, anyway...
Wish you all the best,
Mom
Thanks mom. What would i do with you.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Take care man, enjoyed our convos. Keep safe, keep healthy and pop in from time to time.

Wish you all the best,
Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom