I see what you’re saying but that wasn’t my direction. The titles weren’t meant to represent gaf as a whole but to look like they’re rotating and are interchangeable like Nintendogaf, sonygaf, pcgaf, Xboxgaf, etc.Why not Nintendo at the top?
so that the edges progressively shorten to the middle, then out again. Like a pac-man mouth.
Or a bit more tweaking to make it like the NeoGAF logo? Maybe in outline around it??
Am i making any sense?
This is amazing.
I will try, thanks for invite)
Calling all creators! It's been years since we've last spoken, but the summoning gongs have been struck and the signal fires lit... it's time for another Design Contest!
We're extremely happy with how the latest site updates have been received and the community we're all rebuilding together. The original T-Shirt Contest is something we loved, as we have some insanely talented creators who post here regularly and the designs that have been submitted in the past were just so much more than we could have ever anticipated. All of us on the staff are insanely excited to see what guys come up with.
We've partnered with Threadless this time for our production, and your design will be available in a wide variety of products...from clothing to phone cases to art prints!
The site where we'll host all of the winning entries can be found here: https://neogaf.threadless.com/
If you're looking for some inspiration, you can also see some of the classic designs posted up there as well.
- Submissions can be made from now until 5/31, 11:59PM EDT
- At the close of the the entry window, we will open a voting thread so the community can pick their favorites
- Top 10 submissions will WIN STUFF!!!
- Each of the creators who have a design voted into the Top 10 will receive a $50 (USD) gift code to the Threadless.com store as well as one month of GAFGold (limit 1 per creator)
- The top design creator will receive a $100 (USD) gift code to the Threadless.com store, one full year of GAFGold, and special banner tag (like the staff having "Staff Member" below their normal tag)
- Should a creator get multiple top 10 entries selected, prizes will be given out to 11th place, 12th place, etc so a total of 10 prizes are distributed
- Design should be NeoGAF themed or referential
- Fitted canvas size for all submissions needs to be 4000x4000 pixels
- Background must be transparent (unless your design is specifically made otherwise)
- File type must be PNG, PSD or EPS
- The design must not infringe any copyrights, and must be an original piece of work
- Please PM EviLore directly with a link to your file with the subject: "GAF Design Contest"
- By submitting your design for this contest, you are agreeing to transfer ownership of that design to NeoGAFThe font used for our official logo is "Poppins" for anyone who wants a true 1:1 recreation for their design.
Looking forward to some new stuff. Almost all of my old shirts have small holes in them now, the quality was pretty low.
A couple of the ones I liked from last time aren’t on threadless.
Can I request the airplane flying towards the NeoGAF logo be added back? There’s also that “8 bit game montage” that I liked. (I understand that some people who made those probably don’t want their stuff added again)
What's the Origin of the Aeroplane image as such?
Don't recall which thread originated it, but it's a long-standing GAF meme where people would post an airplane sunset image in response to certain appealing news stories, e.g.:
"Japan Announces Critical Shortage of Men for Breeding"
Are contests ever allowed? I'm a graphic designer and I found this contest very enjoyable. Not always about the money.
You really shouldn't be for it either, as a graphic designer. You'd never really hear any other sort of professional saying their work isn't about money unless they are volunteering for a charity or such. You're undervaluing yourself because you just happen to like what you do.
A plumber is never going to unclog your pipes for free unless perhaps you know them, and even then most people would pay them something for their time.
I've heard these arguments and I just don't care about "devaluing myself" I guess. I have a job and do this shit on the side for fun, which it is.
They're not asking for a logo redesign, or site design work, or other things I could potentially see someone actually being hired for. It's a community T-Shirt design contest dude.
Winners are compensated here.
Do I think Evilore is going to be making bank or a name off of these designs? Hardly, it's for the community man.