• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Design Contest...WE BACK, BABY!!!

Shifty

This is beautiful!

8039Mb9.png
Holy shit! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This is a truly shirt-worthy piece of art.

Feedback appreciated

I like the slick design and also prefer the broadened wave ones. I do like the original orange/grey ones with orange text the most. I think that design would do well on a t-shirt without being too gaudy. Simple and restrained, nicely done!

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Third update. The bottom two rows feature a more broadened wave. I also introduced the Feisar Colours just to see how they would read.

PEYBYFH.jpg

Personally I quite like R2 No2, R2 No 5, R3 No 1 & R3 No 5

Feedback appreciated

The bottom row really looks like Pepsi in those colours!

I personally think the uniform line width looks better, it's not flared enough to be visually impactful to me, so it almost seems like an error rather than a flared tip. Just my two cents. I love the idea and I think they look really nice though!

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
The bottom row really looks like Pepsi in those colours!

communityIcon_nw5gzzg8k2901.jpg
🤔

I personally think the uniform line width looks better, it's not flared enough to be visually impactful to me, so it almost seems like an error rather than a flared tip. Just my two cents. I love the idea and I think they look really nice though!

Well I can make it more flared, but I didn't want to end up looking more like the above tbh, versus keep it in tune with the traditional GAF logo in spirit run through the Feisar Aesthetics

Nymphae

Banned
communityIcon_nw5gzzg8k2901.jpg
🤔

Well I can make it more flared, but I didn't want to end up looking more like the above tbh, versus keep it in tune with the traditional GAF logo in spirit run through the Feisar Aesthetics

Yeah it's a bit of a balancing act, you're trying to avoid looking too much like one design, while keeping true to another, while still visually mimicking a third lol. Going with a uniform line width avoids the pepsi look (though I think it's the colour scheme of that one that does this - it's blue and orange instead of greay and orange, so the nature of the logo paired with the colours chosen makes it look like a pepsi logo on a bottle that has been outside for months and has faded a bit) and keeps things slicker I think, but then it loses the Feisar touches you're trying to bring in. I might try to experiment by trying to make the Gaf ball lines a little more like the Feisar lines, keeping theGaf colours and a two tone scheme inside a ball, in my opinion, does enough to evoke the Gaf logo, even if you're stretching and changing the lines a bit.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
We're nearing the submission deadline, so if you haven't submitted your design(s) yet, keep that in mind. Some awesome designs have been submitted so far, and it's great to see this kind of turnout!

Kadayi

Banned
Further to feedback, I've refined down to 4 variants (thin line even, thin line angled, Wave line even, Wave line angled) with choices of mono, black background, Black text, Orange text, Feisar background, Feisar on white

ZdZpuT9.jpg

Feedback appreciated regarding the forms at least.

Also

j6r3t8c.jpg

Kad

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
OK Finalised the Design. Put a bit of space in between the Logo & the Logotype to make it breathe more. Also, slight adjustment on the F (truncated the middle line back) which I think sits better. Wanted to see what different versions would look like on some of the available T-shirt Colours: -

ViIRRcg.png
yiqTWnI.png
7em9Ko5.png
sg0l2Na.png

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
OK Finalised the Design. Put a bit of space in between the Logo & the Logotype to make it breathe more. Also, slight adjustment on the F (truncated the middle line back) which I think sits better. Wanted to see what different versions would look like on some of the available T-shirt Colours: -

ViIRRcg.png
yiqTWnI.png
7em9Ko5.png
sg0l2Na.png
Great work!
The E and O should be lower case though ;)
And/or the word should be multicoloured and 'broken' like the symbol (the line thickness wouldn't matter though)

Kadayi

Banned
Great work!
The E and O should be lower case though ;)
And/or the word should be multicoloured and 'broken' like the symbol (the line thickness wouldn't matter though)

It's taking a lead from a Wipeout Logo in terms of arrangement and styling as a homage, this being a gaming forum and all Also I submitted everything yesterday.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

ViIRRcg.png
yiqTWnI.png
7em9Ko5.png
sg0l2Na.png
you forgot about 28 E's on the purple one

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Last one. Fire hydrant I saw with a hat on it on my street. Sorry I couldn’t submit proper sized deals and everything. I’m very inexperienced in digital stuff. I really liked everything, even the parody stuff 👍

Not sure how large that image is, but it’s taking an age to load on my phone.

Kadayi

Banned
Not entries as the deadline is now past, but I had a few ideas that I didn't get to realise that I figured I'd work up anyway over the coming few weeks.

kp7DsS0.png
pxQVWPm.png
PBXHhJa.png

Background colours are based on some of the available T-shirt choices

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'd like to submit my T-shirt design

iqucgb6.png
At first glance, it looks like an amateur MS Paint pic.

But delving deeper:

- Blond white guy laughing
- Head bend back trolling laughing
- Easy going

- Manbaby or SJW female with stupid pink haired hairstyle
- Tears and drippage coming from nostrils
- Dead red eyeballs
- Turns away in frustration

This is arguably the most representative image of gaming/SJW. Although, the creator forgot to add a nose ring the Resetera character.

Edit..... shit, there is a nose ring! HAHAHAHA! Didn't see it at first as it kind of blended in. Kudos!

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Alright, that concludes the submission window. We have some truly excellent designs in the mix, and I can't wait to drown myself in fresh NeoGAF swag just like the good ol' days.

E3's about to hit, so we'll hold the voting for the top 10 designs as soon as that cools off.

Nymphae

Banned
I have been dying to show my design to everyone, but I have a weird personal rule about not showing stuff before a competition lol. I was hoping the contest would be under way this week, but after E3 makes sense. Really looking forward to seeing everyone's finished work!

Top Bottom