• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf GOTY 2022 |OT| Results thread

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Since we are changing things up here at NeoGAF this year for our Game of the Year voting, we decided to also change up the results thread as well.

There were a total of 25 categories this year, and each user was allowed to vote for a single game in each category. Voting was open from December 15th, 2022 through January 15th, 2023. In all, there were thousands of votes cast by our fine users.

Rather than just outright revealing the winners, we thought it would be fun to take the top 5 games in each category and reveal them first as the "Nominees". Over the next few hours, I'll be posting the nominees from each category and we can have fun discussing which games we think will win and why. On Wednesday, Jan 18th, at 4pm EST, I'll be posting the winners in the same format. I'll be keeping the OP up to date with everything that's been revealed so far!

Winners
P52VBeL.png

pSB2vuf.png

12h9RYi.png

KCyneXZ.png

BVtCoYp.png

M97rQf8.png

ozYNXRg.png

Ia3iaKR.png

eHZRlXr.png

K8S1YGi.png

F6l8Hw1.png

vPwhuXZ.png

uld2N3G.png

ndsfyiA.png

2YtJag9.png

SGk7i23.png

0kdle06.png

gULy8so.png

iJhOMTW.png

TXjzqLh.png

WieIK65.png

LZDDhay.png

hw5Ajn4.png

RXTy4BC.png

oBVvT3A.png

Thank you to everyone who participated in this year's Game of the Year voting! We look forward to doing this again next year, and welcome any feedback (either in this thread, or via PM) for ways we can improve the process!

Also, a huge thanks to Topher Topher and cormack12 cormack12 for making this possible!

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Legit wondering now if there is any category Elden Ring isn't up for lol

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Glad to see High on Life getting some well deserved love. It's a very fun ride and, while a bit short and with such a rushed ending, it still felt more fresh than anything I've played recently. Good stuff.

ftfy babe :lollipop_content:
Thx babe, I have no idea what happened to me. I felt a little lost for a moment, it was scary.

Confused Joke GIF by Best Friends Animal Society

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I can't take this seriously lol, why is God of war in every category? Even the gamepass one?! Y'all suck.
Game that deserves a sequel lmao, of course it's getting a sequel jfc. :pie_roffles:

This might be worse than TGAs.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
At least GAF doesn't think Elden Ring is underrated lol

Glad to see Stranger of Paradise on that list - it's the one I voted for, and definitely feel like it got a bad rap due to all the "Chaos!" memes.

jshackles

High On Life in so many categories makes me want to turn in my GAF membership card.

giphy.gif
Kinda makes me want to play it, honestly

Top Bottom