• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf GOTY 2022 |OT| Voting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cormack12

Gold Member
CaM7nvs.jpg

It's that time of the year again gaf. When the eyes of the internet descend on the forum to see what the finest people rate the game of the year. There are some significant changes this year, but ultimately you vote on game categories. We ain't games journalists so I'm sure we can figure this out!

Changes/How to vote
Please review this thread detailing the new voting process

Deadline: Voting closes January 15th
Voting Link: https://www.neogaf.com/goty/

Can I post my list/choices in the thread?
Certainly. It is encouraged! You can just copy/paste now from your completed list unlike the last few years!

My game isn't listed
Just tag me or Topher and we'll update the list and ping you back when done!

Last years results

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
cormack12 cormack12 Prodeus isn't listed? Full version (non EA) came out this year.

Also wanted to ask... what about games that got a release on 2022 on a new platform? For example, Lost Judgment came out in 2021 but didn't get it's PC release until 2022.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Thanks for doing this as usual.

I like the new categories, but I'm on the fence about dropping the top 10s. If everybody on GAF had the same #3 it's not going to be represented in that way, it's going to be whichever game was the most popular single pick after Elden Ring and Ragnarok, and that's probably a dozen games with similar votes with one slightly ahead. Maybe that's a better way to do it, I'm just not sure.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
You still have time to play the best one

I ignored it after how absolutely dire Postal 3 + 4 were but that actually looks kinda neat, might check it out over Christmas, cheers.

Astral Dog

This year i didn't played as many new games tbh after buying Elden Ring and ending up disliking it i been a little more conservative with the purchases.

My RPG of the year is Tales of Arise that relesed last september but i just played this year, one surprise has been SONIC Frontiers, definetly an underrated gem as its way better than i expected from the reviews👍. Xenoblade 3 is good but also too bloated imo. Bayonetta 3 has been my favorite obv, despite not reaching its potential due to hardware, first half of next year looks promising and i already have 5 games pre ordered 😁

I haven't played Crisis Core Reunion yet but its next 🤭 may fit in the list for best remake or something

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

R6Rider

Gold Member
Voted. Elden Ring as GOTY, Sniper Elite 5 as most underrated, and Signalis as best indie.

Left several blank as I didn't play enough (or any) in that category.

Last edited:
I ignored it after how absolutely dire Postal 3 + 4 were but that actually looks kinda neat, might check it out over Christmas, cheers.

Yeah forget about Postal 4 and 3, theyre garbage. This was made by a different team and they clearly took inspiration from doom eternal/painkiller and other shooters. Just get past the first map, Suburbia which is kinda boring, and then you'll be in for a treat.

Reactions: AV

AV

My initial list. Might update some later but I think this is it.

Some of these are quite throwaway. I played a few matches of Windjammers 2 so I guess that's my sports pick, I played 4 hours of The Quarry with my partner before we dropped it so I guess that's my multiplayer. Midnight Fight Express as a brawler is as close to a fighting game as I'm gonna get.

Didn't play a single remake nor buy a game I didn't. "Doesn't respect my time" is a really awful category, video games don't know how much spare time a person does or doesn't have.

JVPL6Qr.png

I love that category. One of my favorite things is a well crafted intro. Really applies for music too. Best track #1 on an album is something I think about often. Or best first 60 seconds of a song. Best intro for gaming really makes me think about the games I played this year.

So, I got filtered by most of the categories, but I did vote Live A Live as my game of the year. (y)
Interesting choice. I need to finish it. I don't think I'm gonna be able to vote because I've been feeling disappointment with games so far. Plague Tale 2 being the biggest disappointment by far, and then I finished DioField Chronicle after that and same thing, I thought it was good at first and then it ended. Like c'mon devs, stop trying to be edgy with your endings, they're just dumb (though in Dio's case it could've been clever, but it was way too sudden and, game-play wise, underwhelming.) Gonna go through Xenoblade 3 next and... hopefully finish it before the year ends. I have Live A Live that I started (finished two character routes and stopped). I also have Bayo 3, Stray, and Ender Lilies that I physically bought, but haven't touched yet. lol, nothing's screaming GOTY for me so far.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
The amount of categories and games really showed me that i haven't played enough games this year. I don't feel qualified to vote in every category. Glad i don't have to.

Can't wait to see the outcome.

Reactions: TLZ

Roxkis_ii

I'm using brave Brower on android. When I click to vote, it doesn't show any options at the bottom to vote for, just the search button.

Roxkis_ii

Press the search button and the available options should appear.

I appreciate the work that's gone into making all this work but, it's too many options to look through. It's fine if you already know what you want to vote for off the top of your head, but if you not sure, having so many options is overwhelming.

I'll try again when I have time to make all my decisions.

Also did Resident Evil 7 re-release this year?

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I appreciate the work that's gone into making all this work but, it's too many options to look through. It's fine if you already know what you want to vote for off the top of your head, but if you not sure, having so many options is overwhelming.
I mean, it has to be able to accommodate literally any choice someone could make for any given category. So I suppose it's overwhelming by design. This is way better than previous year's Google form of just "type in what you want" - at least this way the admins don't have to normalize all the input afterwards ("Elden Ring", "ELDEN RING!!!", "eldernring", etc.).

If you don't already know what you want to vote for - this thread is a good place to ask for suggestions!

By the way, kudos to everyone involved for making this happen.

hemo memo

Gold Member
The amount of categories and games really showed me that i haven't played enough games this year. I don't feel qualified to vote in every category. Glad i don't have to.

Can't wait to see the outcome.
This.

Even though i’ve played a lot this year but mostly backlog and catching up with stuff and subscription games.

jaysius

Banned
It was a complete shit year.

Pokemon Violet has the best gameplay of an RPG in years, but it is a technical abortion.

God of War Ragnarok is so poorly written it makes Marvel movies look like Shakespeare, its actually between Marvel and a shitty soap opera at times, with far too much downtime that is awful... so that's bad writing and bad pacing and- BEHIND YOU KRATOS poorly technically executed for a hack and slash. What a huge overhyped nothing.

High on Life is very basic, but the fun is a throwback to games that don't exist anymore because we've "moved" on with game design, but damnit the old design is fun.

Pentiment is good, but very boring, but has quite a story to tell.

Splatoon 3 is super fun, but it's gimped by Nintendo not forcing/allowing DEDICATED SERVERS(which players now PAY FOR with their subs) also with the ONE PERSON LEAVES the game KICKS YOU OUT issue that will probably never be acknowledged/solved.

I ended up buying Pokemon Violet(split with g/f and from amazon japan for deep discount), GoW Ragnarok(off of a dude that bought a PS5 and sold the game to me cheaply) and MW2 when it was on sale on BF.

GamePass has been far more than entertaining, not filled with GREAT games, but very entertaining ones.

TL;DR: fuck 2022 what a shit year for gaming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom