• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf GOTY 2022 |OT| Voting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My list so far is subject to change...but indies really controlled this year for me which was basically just two big AAA games i cared about in ER and GOW... ER was my favorite game of the year and God of war was a bit disappointing for me (still a solid 85)...but high on life is by far my biggest surprise...I expected it to be funny but it genuinely has some of the best combat in a shooter in yeeeeears. Cod wins due to polish but variety and movement isn't close. HOL is an instant classic and biggest surprise for me.

320330100_469752841904637_8648451912515393736_n.jpg

Topher

Gold Member
In an attempt to not put Elden Ring for most choices and spread awards out amongst games i've played.

Topher Topher Is Witcher 3 cormack12 cormack12 not available for remaster or remake?

Topher Topher cormack12 cormack12 are we not allowed to class The Witcher’s new update as a remaster?

We are only including games that have releases either initial or new to a platform. Perhaps a fine line between a next gen patch and a remaster, but at this point I think that's the line we have drawn.

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

We are only including games that have releases either initial or new to a platform. Perhaps a fine line between a next gen patch and a remaster, but at this point I think that's the line we have drawn.
How about Dwarf Fortress? Technically on PC for years, but the Steam version with UI marks a rather dramatic change alongside it being a paid for game for the first time.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
These are games released this year. We don't have an "ongoing game" category, but that might be something we can add in later iterations of this.
I get that, but the games multiplayer keeps updating. This year they added the the zero build, which completely changed how people play the game. Eh. It’s my multiplayer game of the year.

I mean hell, it also released on the new UE 5.1 recently too, with a whole new map. I don’t know. Seems short sided to knock out GaaS for certain categories. Especially if they keep updating.

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Game of the YearElden Ring
Best Action GameGod of War Ragnarok
Best Adventure GameA Plague Tale: Requiem
Best RPGElden Ring
Best PlatformerSonic Frontiers
Best ShooterProdeus
Best Sports GameGran Turismo 7
Best Fighting GameThe King of Fighters XV
Best Indie GameVampire Survivors
Best Multiplayer GameClick to Vote
Best Remake or RemasterShadow Man Remastered
Best Visual StyleScorn
Best SoundtrackSonic Frontiers
Best UI or HUD designClick to Vote
Best Voice ActingAs Dusk Falls
Best Box ArtTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection
Best character designReturn to Monkey Island
Best Overall ValueGod of War Ragnarok
Most Underrated GameHigh on Life
Most Difficult GameElden Ring
'It should have been on Gamepass'Ghostwire: Tokyo
Game that respects your timeElden Ring
Game that deserves a sequelHigh on Life
Game I bought, but didn't playClick to Vote
Best first hour of gameplayElden Ring

Topher

Gold Member
I get that, but the games multiplayer keeps updating. This year they added the the zero build, which completely changed how people play the game. Eh. It’s my multiplayer game of the year.

I mean hell, it also released on the new UE 5.1 recently too, with a whole new map. I don’t know. Seems short sided to knock out GaaS for certain categories. Especially if they keep updating.

There are tons of games getting updates. That's just a rabbit hole we are not going to go down right now. We have to limit our scope here or it would never have gotten done at all. Sorry, but it is what it is.

Topher

Gold Member
There should absolutely be an ’ongoing game’ category. I’m surprised it wasn’t suggested enough in the previous thread.

We would have to take nominations for something like that well in advance. Definitely something to think about for next year. BTW, Dwarf Fortress was added.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
What the fuck does the Gamepass one mean?

A game that deserves more focus through chance to play without buying
Or
Utter dogshit paid game that shouldn't charge money to play?

Serious question as both could be applicable

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Only one category I haven't a clue about so I've left it blank (it should have been on Gamepass).

I love that it is easy to go back and with the possibility of updating based on games played over Christmas. Great job!

Kvally

Banned
Only one category I haven't a clue about so I've left it blank (it should have been on Gamepass).

I love that it is easy to go back and with the possibility of updating based on games played over Christmas. Great job!
I picked Stray for should have been on Game Pass. 😎🤷‍♂️

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I picked Stray for should have been on Game Pass. 😎🤷‍♂️
My issue was does it mean a great game that people will love if they played it but won't risk the cash to try, or does it mean a paid game that is shit and the public shouldn't be charged to play it

I can think of at least one for both

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
cormack12 cormack12 Topher Topher can we have this one added?

It's a pretty good indie JRPG with a spin: instead of being story focused like most of those, this one is about exploration, party building and challenging combat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom