• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix and Pokemon Team up for new stop-motion series called: Pokemon Concierge

https://techcrunch.com/2023/02/27/p...-launch-stop-motion-series-pokemon-concierge/
pokemon-concierge.jpg

The Pokémon Company is collaborating with Netflix to launch a new stop-motion animated series called “Pokémon Concierge.”

The series follows a concierge at the Pokémon Resort, where Pokémon visit as guests.

“We have a group of experts here in Japan who are passionate about finding and developing original stories from Japan that can excite audiences all over the world,” said Netflix vice president of Asia Pacific content Minyoung Kim. “With this title, we’re excited to marry an entirely new storyline that expands the Pokémon universe with groundbreaking stop-motion animation.”

The Pokémon Company is collaborating with Netflix to launch a new stop-motion animated series called “Pokémon Concierge.”

The series follows a concierge at the Pokémon Resort, where Pokémon visit as guests.

“We have a group of experts here in Japan who are passionate about finding and developing original stories from Japan that can excite audiences all over the world,” said Netflix vice president of Asia Pacific content Minyoung Kim. “With this title, we’re excited to marry an entirely new storyline that expands the Pokémon universe with groundbreaking stop-motion animation.”

Trailer,

I guess Netflix is offering another Pokemon product to put you a sleep I see.

No date given or details, but apparently a Psyduck walking on a grey space with some tree outlines was good enough for the trailer which i guess Netflix though would drum up hype.

Just based on the concept this seems boring. So there's a human concierge and pokemon visit a resort and I guess you want them run around? I supposed they are betting on the stop animation to help the series take off.

Is it real stop motion though? Or just CGi with a stop motion style?

People have been trying to get a direct answer for that, but so far no response from what I've researched.

Granted, even if it is real the concept seems a bit basic. So every episode is similar to the Pikachus vacation short but with one human? Not much content you can do with that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom